E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
Conservative nutjobs

Rather than pollute the forum with a thread for each example of rightwing nutjobbery, I'll keep it all in one thread.

Today's crazy:

Quote:
Aaron Osmond, Utah State Senator, Calls For End To Mandatory Education

The Huffington Post | By John Celock EDT | Updated: 07/17/2013 3:45 pm EDT

Utah state Sen. Aaron Osmond wants to end mandatory education in Utah.

A Republican state senator in Utah is calling for the end of mandatory education in the state.

State Sen. Aaron Osmond (R-South Jordan) wrote on the state Senate blog Friday that mandatory education in the state has forced teachers and schools to take on parenting responsibilities. Prior to the mandate taking effect in 1890, he wrote, education was "an opportunity" and parents were more engaged. He also wrote that teachers were more respected. The Deseret News first reported Osmond's blog post on Tuesday.

Osmond is the nephew of entertainers Donny and Marie Osmond. His father, Virl, was not a member of The Osmonds.

Osmond wrote:

Some parents completely disengage themselves from their obligation to oversee and ensure the successful education of their children. Some parents act as if the responsibility to educate, and even care for their child, is primarily the responsibility of the public school system. As a result, our teachers and schools have been forced to become surrogate parents, expected to do everything from behavioral counseling, to providing adequate nutrition, to teaching sex education, as well as ensuring full college and career readiness.
Unfortunately, in this system, teachers rarely receive meaningful support or engagement from parents and occasionally face retaliation when they attempt to hold a child accountable for bad behavior or poor academic performance.

In his post, Osmond called on parents to decide whether or not their children should go to school, and asked for exploration into how much time children should be in school. He wrote that the state should not mandate 990 hours a year of education, and instead should let local school districts make the decision.

On his website, Osmond highlights education issues and says that along with the compulsory education mandate, state government needs to provide necessary funding for schools. He also calls for shifting more responsibility for education to local school boards and encouraging more people to attend school board meetings. Osmond, 43, is the father of five children ranging in age from 7 to 20.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3612150.html

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
It's because the education system is all liberal now. Like the media. Everything is liberal. Especially college and grad school. They even have "LIBERAL Arts" degrees! You don't see a baby Jesus-approved Conservative Arts degree! We can only educate our children the right way with our own knowledge of the world, even if it's at a 3rd grade level. All that math and science and stuff? Lies from the devil himself.

forsrsly
Old 07-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Lair
E46Fanatic

Bonus!

Two nutjobs in one day!

Quote:
Tea Party: Impregnated Rape Victims Who Abort Should Be Jailed As Long As Their Rapist (VIDEO)

Author: Stephen D. Foster Jr. July 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Rape is a horrifying crime that traumatizes over 60,000 women each year in America. It is estimated that 5% or more of these women become pregnant by their rapist. One can only imagine what a woman is going through when she learns that she is now carrying a totally unwanted pregnancy stemming from a traumatic event. Most women exercise their right to choose and get an abortion because they do not wish to go through nine months of additional torture to reward their rapist with a child that he may have custody rights to in an astounding 31 states. That means rapists can continue to stalk, harass, and torture their victims for many years after the initial rape occurred. That is one of many reasons why it is important that rape victims have the choice to end such a pregnancy.

But apparently the Tea Party sees things much differently, and outrageously so. Scottie Nell Hughes is the Director of the Tea Party News Network. And as an extreme conservative, she shares the same twisted views of anti-abortion fanatics. During a July 11th appearance on Viewpoint with John Fugelsang on Current TV, Hughes said that rape victims who end resulting pregnancies should be punished in the same manner as their rapists. In other words, prison. AND, they should serve the same amount of prison time.

FUGELSANG: "Let's say Roe v. Wade is overturned and abortion becomes illegal. If a woman is raped and she goes to a doctor, and the doctor terminates the pregnancy - Please tell me who deserves the longest jail sentence? The rapist, the doctor or the woman? In order."

HUGHES: "Across the board."

FUGELSANG: "All three of them?"

HUGHES: "Go for it!"

This insane conservative wants to literally force raped women to give birth to their rapist's babies against their will or get the same punishment as the rapist. How sick is that?! The Tea Party actually wants to treat raped women like the rapist who committed a real crime. Even the doctors who perform the abortions would be imprisoned. This is yet another ridiculous conservative quote about rape and rape victims and it's beliefs such as these that have caused women to leave the GOP in droves. Such an offensive and totally unforgivable stance only demonstrates more than ever that Republicans have no problem helping rapists torture their victims. A woman gets raped, Republicans force her to give birth to her rapist's baby, woman is then forced to give visitation rights to her own rapist, Republicans don't give a damn about the child after it has been born and they certainly don't give a damn about the woman. That's what's going on here.

Forcing a woman to go through nine excruciating months of pregnancy and a painful birth makes it really obvious that Republicans are aiding the rapist in his effort to have power over his victim. Considering Republican desires to subjugate women, one cannot help but wonder if Republicans enjoy helping rapists out. There has to be a reason why Republicans are so obsessed with rape. It's not enough that a rape victim has been forced to do something by a criminal, she's also being forced to reward her rapist with progeny by her own government. After a rape, women often have mental and emotional trauma in addition to physical trauma. Some even commit suicide because of the ordeal. By forcing women to carry rape pregnancies or serve prison time, Republicans would make the trauma even worse and it is likely that more women would resort to suicide. Abortion should always be an option for rape victims. They should always have a choice. And taking that choice away makes Republicans and Tea Party members like Hughes no better than the rapists. In fact, it makes them worse because instead of protecting the rights and health of raped women, the GOP is choosing to protect the vile interests of the rapist.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07...#ixzz2ZMauAt00

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
rcsummers

Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #6
Lair
E46Fanatic

Start your own thread.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
liberalism is a mental disorder. God I love ignorant America.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #8
rcsummers

just here to boil blood.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #9
rcsummers

Old 07-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #10
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
just here to boil blood.
doesn't boil anyone's blood only validates your ignorance. Keep posting though...quite humorous for a number of reasons.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #11
rcsummers

i even find the images comical. but probably for different reasons.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #12
rcsummers

Old 07-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #13
rcsummers

Old 07-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #14
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
doesn't boil anyone's blood only validates your ignorance. Keep posting though...quite humorous for a number of reasons.
Apparently RC doesn't understand the thread title.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #15
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #17
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Both extremes have nut jobs.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #18
Lair
E46Fanatic

Cool.

Start your own thread so I can post moronic pictures in it.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
There is no need for mandatory education. We should allow kids to drop out whenever they damn well please. All they do is make it more difficult for those who care to learn.

Allow them to drop out, provide a weaker, less comfortable safety net and they'll come crawling back when they realize the value of an education. At THAT point, they'll be far better positioned to make something of themselves.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #20
Lair
E46Fanatic

There's a surprise.

Quote:
Congratulations.