E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
What this thread is:

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #22
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
It started out as an exposť of conservative lunacy, and will continue in that vein (in between the poorly-photoshopped rightwing propaganda pics and laughable bumper sticker slogans).

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #23
choxor

My Ride: JDM
So it's just a thread for your to masturbate to?
Old 07-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #24
Lair
E46Fanatic

No. I masturbate to pictures of women.

Odd that you would think of another man pleasuring himself, though.

Know how I know you're a conservative?

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:16 AM   #25
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
What this thread is:

what politics is.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #26
choxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
No. I masturbate to pictures of women.

Odd that you would think of another man pleasuring himself, though.

Know how I know you're a conservative?
Unfortunately, I'm not. I'm not liberal either, though.

But hey, with extremists it's a "you're either with me or against me" mentality. So think that if it's what floats your boat.

I'll let you get back to spanking your pity pole, though. Carry on.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #27
Lair
E46Fanatic

You're still thinking bout my dlck?

Stop it.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #28
choxor

Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #29
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
Quote:

Some parents completely disengage themselves from their obligation to oversee and ensure the successful education of their children. Some parents act as if the responsibility to educate, and even care for their child, is primarily the responsibility of the public school system. As a result, our teachers and schools have been forced to become surrogate parents, expected to do everything from behavioral counseling, to providing adequate nutrition, to teaching sex education, as well as ensuring full college and career readiness.
Unfortunately, in this system, teachers rarely receive meaningful support or engagement from parents and occasionally face retaliation when they attempt to hold a child accountable for bad behavior or poor academic performance.
I don't agree with everything the guy said... But he is correct here.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #30
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #31
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive

The change America needed, instead we have this thread.
5speed5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I can't believe you actually tried to say something bad about the Osmonds.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed5er View Post

The change America needed, instead we have this thread.
Yes!

Another texas corporatist thug!

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #34
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
Old 07-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #35
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive
Quote:
Yes!

Another texas corporatist thug!
wat
5speed5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #36
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
lair, your funny. when are you going to realize that they are all the same(left and right alike)
Old 07-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #37
Goughie

My Ride: 330d Sport Touring
Quote:
Rather than pollute the forum with a thread for each example of rightwing nutjobbery, I'll keep it all in one thread.

Today's crazy:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3612150.html
**** me. The kids took over the UN last week and the girl who was shot in the head by the Pakistani Taliban for wanting female education (and thus emancipation) gave the headline speech. The Taliban wrote her a letter expressing shock that they shot her. The coalition have spent billions & lost thousands of good men in Afghan and yet the Taliban are more scared of a literate 16 year old girl with a platform to speak. If the US let the religious right get any more hold over education then you'll be on the path down the rabbit hole...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post

"The protection of views purely on religious grounds cannot be justified. It is not only an irrational idea, but it is also divisive, capricious and arbitrary" - Lord Justice Laws, UK 29/04/2010
Goughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Tom Coburn Says Inflation Is Running at 8% A Year And He's Amazingly Wrong

Quote:
By Matthew Yglesias

Posted Thursday, July 18, 2013, at 12:02 PM

Earlier this morning at a hearing with Ben Bernanke, Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) came out as an inflation truther, arguing that if the Bureau of Labor Statistics had stuck with 1980 methodology it would show that inflation was actually running at 8 percent per year.

Here's maybe the best way to think about this. Look above at the nominal GDP growth rate for the United States over the past 30 years. That's doing no inflation adjustment whatsoever. You'll see that unadjusted, the economy has basically never grown faster than 8 percent. So if you adjust for inflation with a belief that inflation's been running at 8 percent a year (rather than the ~4%, then ~2%, and more recently ~1.5% the official numbers show) that would mean the economy has been in a state of persistent recession ever since 1983 or so. Total American prosperity, on this view, peaked in roughly 1980 and then it's been a steady downhill slope ever since Ronald Reagan ruined everything.

Does Coburn really think that? Does he really think America produced more goods and services in 1983 than in 2013? Recall we're talking about aggregate output, not per capital output. There are roughly 100 million more people living in the United States today than there were at the beginning of this period.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #39
Rhumb

My Ride: 2001 M3 Coupe
Always a good go-to person for wing-nut wackiness, Ken Kookinelli, right up there with Rick Sanctorum in his obsession with controlling/constraining American's personal sex lives through the force of law and government:

Quote:
Ken Cuccinelli Really Wants to Ban Oral Sex
By Amanda Marcotte

Posted Thursday, July 18, 2013, at 11:49 AM

Ken Cuccinelli wants to keep kids safe from sexual predators by banning oral and anal sex-between consenting adults. On a website his campaign just launched, Cuccinelli, the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia, paints himself as the only real protector of children, because of his efforts as Virginia attorney general to reinstate a law banning all naked fun-time acts besides vaginal intercourse.

Cuccinelli's claim is that only by reinstating the Crimes Against Nature law, which Cuccinelli dishonestly calls the "Anti-Child Predators Law," can the state of Virginia prosecute people who rape children. Never mind that rape is already illegal, child molestation is already illegal, and statutory rape is already illegal. His website says that a full 90 sexual predators may come off the sex offenders registry (the site is vague on how) if oral and anal sex isn't banned outright for everyone, a claim that hopefully will remind voters that enforcing such a law would mean that adults having consensual sex in their bedrooms could become "sex offenders" if they're caught.

Like his peers, Cuccinelli knows that you're supposed to come up with a reason these anti-sex measures aren't really about sex, but never has a man been so bad at maintaining a cover story. He swears that the law won't be enforced as written to prosecute consensual sex between adults, even though the Supreme Court ruling that made this type of ban unconstitutional, Lawrence v. Texas, was in fact about arresting a couple having consensual sex in private. Cuccinelli's "just trust me" argument is especially hollow in light of his past behavior, as reported by Think Progress:

In 2004, a bipartisan group in the Virginia General Assembly backed a bill that would have brought the law in line with the Supreme Court's ruling. They proposed to eliminate the Crimes Against Nature law's provisions dealing with consenting adults in private and leaving in place provisions relating to prostitution, public sex, and those other than consenting adults. Cuccinelli opposed the bill in committee and helped kill it on the Senate floor.
Oral sex is almost universal among sexually active adults. The Centers for Disease Control finds that nearly 82 percent of men and 80 percent of women ages 15-44 admit to having had it. The Kinsey Institute's research shows that nearly everyone who is having vaginal intercourse also admits to having oral sex. The very few who don't cop to this no doubt want to keep their jobs working for the Cuccinelli campaign.

Last edited by Rhumb; 07-18-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Rhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #40
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote