E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
zanaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Us
Posts: 10
My Ride: 3
LSB premium

I am in the market for a LSB/black m3, and was wondering what type of premium they have over other m3s? It seems they go for 1.5-2k more than an otherwise similar m3. Could anyone inform me on the premium LSB fetches, regarding a 2001-2003.5 with 80-100k.
zanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,429
My Ride: JDM
Who told you that.

It's not that rare. In fact when the first E46 M3's came to the states the were ALL LSB. It's not an individual color and I don't see why it would fetch a premium.
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
zanaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Us
Posts: 10
My Ride: 3
No one told me that. It is just what I have seen in the past couple months while looking for a clean lsb. A couple weeks ago I saw a 2002 lsb/gray with 80k sell for 18k and the interior was shot.
zanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
Alan
Registered User
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,223
My Ride: 2006 M3
Zero premium. Don't let sellers blow sunshine up your skirt. Some LSB/PY folks want to believe that its a rare color. It isn't.




__________________


Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
taylor192
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The Best Place on Earth
Posts: 1,678
My Ride: 2003.5 M3
The premium is about $10K, since only fools would pay a premium for a not very rare colour.
__________________
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
morningisbad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Onalaska, WI
Posts: 555
My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Zero premium. Don't let sellers blow sunshine up your skirt. Some LSB/PY folks want to believe that its a rare color. It isn't.




Dat LSB
__________________
"When makin' a questionable decision, sometimes the only way to find the answer is to shut your eyes & mash the pedal to the metal, you guys."
-Karl Welzein
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,429
My Ride: JDM
Dat dove grey interior
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #8
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Zero premium. Don't let sellers blow sunshine up your skirt. Some LSB/PY folks want to believe that its a rare color. It isn't.




Point out which of those has a black interior? Oh wait, you're just talking out of your ass again.

LSB can and does fetch a premium. Pristine examples more so. Just check EAG past sales, all of which had price tags 27k+ for higher mileage.

Mine sold for $30k last year, 59k miles.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=366219

You can however find trashed examples for cheap, and the high price for nice examples applies to most all E46 M3. LSB tend to get snatched up quite quick and because there is always someone lusting over it, the price can go up. I didn't even have to advertise mine.
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/

Last edited by braymond141; 07-21-2013 at 03:55 AM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Steezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 198
My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Point out which of those has a black interior? Oh wait, you're just talking out of your ass again.

LSB can and does fetch a premium. Pristine examples more so. Just check EAG past sales, all of which had price tags 27k+ for higher mileage.

Mine sold for $30k last year, 59k miles.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=366219

You can however find trashed examples for cheap, and the high price for nice examples applies to most all E46 M3. LSB tend to get snatched up quite quick and because there is always someone lusting over it, the price can go up. I didn't even have to advertise mine.
All of EAG's car's have high prices, so that point is worthless.
__________________
Steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
All of EAG's car's have high prices, so that point is worthless.
The point is not worthless. If it wasn't for a consistent force like EAG, all these "it's a worthless car" jerkoffs would ruin the value of pristine cars. These cars are worth what the next owner wants to pay, they prove that. I proved that too.
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
Alan
Registered User
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,223
My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Point out which of those has a black interior? Oh wait, you're just talking out of your ass again.

LSB can and does fetch a premium. Pristine examples more so. Just check EAG past sales, all of which had price tags 27k+ for higher mileage.

Mine sold for $30k last year, 59k miles.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=366219

You can however find trashed examples for cheap, and the high price for nice examples applies to most all E46 M3. LSB tend to get snatched up quite quick and because there is always someone lusting over it, the price can go up. I didn't even have to advertise mine.

What does the interior color have to do with anything? Who cares if it has a black interior? This thread is about the exterior color. Have we come to the point where people are trying to prove that some car is rare or hard to find because of one interior option (assuming that option isn't an Individual interior - which WOULD be fairly rare and command some premium.

There is no real shortage of LSB - other than that which the sellers attempt to portray in an attempt to inflate the price. Every single introduction E46 M3 was LSB. That is all that was initially on dealer lots. LSB was produced from 09/2000 through 08/2004 - so its not as if it was a short run color. Everyone who wanted one could get one.
__________________



Last edited by Alan; 07-21-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
MathewM3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 32
My Ride: BMW M3 E46
Aren't the M3 E46 rare overall no matter the color?

How often do you see another M3 E46 on the road?
MathewM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #13
Grinchxvx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salt Lake City utah
Posts: 230
My Ride: 2001 M3, 1998 M3
LSB premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewM3 View Post
Aren't the M3 E46 rare overall no matter the color?

How often do you see another M3 E46 on the road?
It sure seems like it around some states. I live in utah and everyone around here has intergas and subarus, but when I went to so cal in April I saw tons of bimmers and Mercedes and also quite a few non stock m3's which you never see around salt lake.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Grinchxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #14
morningisbad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Onalaska, WI
Posts: 555
My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Re: LSB premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewM3 View Post
Aren't the M3 E46 rare overall no matter the color?

How often do you see another M3 E46 on the road?
I've seen one other M3 in the two years I've had mine. Maybe 3 M5's.
__________________
"When makin' a questionable decision, sometimes the only way to find the answer is to shut your eyes & mash the pedal to the metal, you guys."
-Karl Welzein
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #15
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
What does the interior color have to do with anything? Who cares if it has a black interior? This thread is about the exterior color. Have we come to the point where people are trying to prove that some car is rare or hard to find because of one interior option (assuming that option isn't an Individual interior - which WOULD be fairly rare and command some premium.

There is no real shortage of LSB - other than that which the sellers attempt to portray in an attempt to inflate the price. Every single introduction E46 M3 was LSB. That is all that was initially on dealer lots. LSB was produced from 09/2000 through 08/2004 - so its not as if it was a short run color. Everyone who wanted one could get one.
Did you not read what everyone else read. He's looking for an LSB/Black. Are you seriously going to sit there and tell everyone that ANY color car paired with a unique interior doesn't increase appeal and in turn value? You make up the dumbest things.

There's no real shortage? Based on what numbers? We've all been listening to you talk about seeing "all" the LSBs on the lots when new for YEARS now (3-4 at a time you're quoted as saying, wooooow), and it's quite clear you've made an assumption based on a bubble you live in. How can a person who consistently tells people that "BMW doesn't track color production and any number given is manure" sit here and speculate on this? If we get the production details for the E46 M3 like the E36 M3 community has recently, you need to be front and center for that.

There are 43,779 North America cars. Alan, you tell us how many of those are LSB. How many are LSB Coupes (more desirable)? How many are LSB Coupes with 6MT (Even more desirable)? How many are LSB Coupes with 6MT and an interior other than gray (the most desirable)? How many are left TODAY?

And lastly, let's just pull a crazy stupid high percentage of 25% might be LSB. 10,000 people of the 528.7 MILLION North America population have an obsessive desire to drive an LSB M3. Good for them and let them get the prices they command based on the NEXT buyer lusting to own the same.
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/

Last edited by braymond141; 07-22-2013 at 02:38 AM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
Alan
Registered User
 
Alan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,223
My Ride: 2006 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Did you not read what everyone else read. He's looking for an LSB/Black. Are you seriously going to sit there and tell everyone that ANY color car paired with a unique interior doesn't increase appeal and in turn value? You make up the dumbest things.

There's no real shortage? Based on what numbers? We've all been listening to you talk about seeing "all" the LSBs on the lots when new for YEARS now (3-4 at a time you're quoted as saying, wooooow), and it's quite clear you've made an assumption based on a bubble you live in. How can a person who consistently tells people that "BMW doesn't track color production and any number given is manure" sit here and speculate on this? If we get the production details for the E46 M3 like the E36 M3 community has recently, you need to be front and center for that.

There are 43,779 North America cars. Alan, you tell us how many of those are LSB. How many are LSB Coupes (more desirable)? How many are LSB Coupes with 6MT (Even more desirable)? How many are LSB Coupes with 6MT and an interior other than gray (the most desirable)? How many are left TODAY?

And lastly, let's just pull a crazy stupid high percentage of 25% might be LSB. 10,000 people of the 528.7 MILLION North America population have an obsessive desire to drive an LSB M3. Good for them and let them get the prices they command based on the NEXT buyer lusting to own the same.

You should try to find out where all that pent-up anger and hostility comes from. It makes you come across as a very angry, bitter person. No need to blow a gasket and drop dead at an early age for little discussions about a car color.

You're right. LSB is is very rare color. With a black interior? Rarer still. They should command a strong price premium and buyer should pay that premium all the time. LSB owners are like E46 M3 Gods. They are a cut above all others. They own a rare and desirable car - which in itself shows their superior taste and the fact that they are The Most Interesting Driver In The World.

Now take a deep breath, let the bad air out, feel good and have a nice day.
__________________


Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #17
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,429
My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Did you not read what everyone else read. He's looking for an LSB/Black. Are you seriously going to sit there and tell everyone that ANY color car paired with a unique interior doesn't increase appeal and in turn value? You make up the dumbest things.

There's no real shortage? Based on what numbers? We've all been listening to you talk about seeing "all" the LSBs on the lots when new for YEARS now (3-4 at a time you're quoted as saying, wooooow), and it's quite clear you've made an assumption based on a bubble you live in. How can a person who consistently tells people that "BMW doesn't track color production and any number given is manure" sit here and speculate on this? If we get the production details for the E46 M3 like the E36 M3 community has recently, you need to be front and center for that.

There are 43,779 North America cars. Alan, you tell us how many of those are LSB. How many are LSB Coupes (more desirable)? How many are LSB Coupes with 6MT (Even more desirable)? How many are LSB Coupes with 6MT and an interior other than gray (the most desirable)? How many are left TODAY?

And lastly, let's just pull a crazy stupid high percentage of 25% might be LSB. 10,000 people of the 528.7 MILLION North America population have an obsessive desire to drive an LSB M3. Good for them and let them get the prices they command based on the NEXT buyer lusting to own the same.
I've seen quite a few LSB M3's. It's not rare. And yeah, people who want a specific color are going to be willing to pay more for it (we call these people suckers). Same can be said for IR, which is also not rare.

It's not individual. It's not rare. It's not going to command a premium unless the person absolutely has to have that color, but that can be said about just about any damn color.
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 07-22-2013 at 09:19 AM.
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
morningisbad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Onalaska, WI
Posts: 555
My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
The general population has decided LSB is sexy and they want it. Value is placed on an object based on demand and someones willingness to pay a certain price. LSB is going to bring in a premium because people like it more than the other colors. Whether its "rare" or not is completely subjective and arguing about it is pointless without defining parameters as to what is "rare"). To me, LSB is rare because I've never seen one outside of a show. But I've seen other IR's driving around town. In my world, LSB is rare, based on production numbers (which haven't been posted), it may not be.
__________________
"When makin' a questionable decision, sometimes the only way to find the answer is to shut your eyes & mash the pedal to the metal, you guys."
-Karl Welzein
morningisbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #19
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,429
My Ride: JDM
Yeah, but it's a regular production color. If you're patient you WILL find one sold by someone not trying to inflate the price. If you're willing to pay more for something like that then more power to you. I would not.
__________________

Last edited by choxor; 07-22-2013 at 10:16 AM.
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #20
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,755
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You should try to find out where all that pent-up anger and hostility comes from. It makes you come across as a very angry, bitter person. No need to blow a gasket and drop dead at an early age for little discussions about a car color.

You're right. LSB is is very rare color. With a black interior? Rarer still. They should command a strong price premium and buyer should pay that premium all the time. LSB owners are like E46 M3 Gods. They are a cut above all others. They own a rare and desirable car - which in itself shows their superior taste and the fact that they are The Most Interesting Driver In The World.

Now take a deep breath, let the bad air out, feel good and have a nice day.
I'll take your attempt at sarcasm as a sign you're done harassing LSB posts with your nonsense. It's the best I've ever gotten out of you, so I'll take it.
__________________


Central California BMW Parts Swap
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1526941747526167/

Last edited by braymond141; 07-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use