E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #181
Lemming

My Ride: '88 944LS
I'll heading to Road Atlanta for PCA in October, Bluestreak will have home field advantage
Any more excuses?
Lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #182
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
I'll heading to Road Atlanta for PCA in October, Bluestreak will have home field advantage
I don't think we'll ever seem him again. Bluestreak is like the other 911 owners on this forum - all mouth, no action.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #183
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
Re: Here's your video

So it's true that 911 owners have good mouth skills...

[Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.]
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #184
Lemming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
So it's true that 911 owners have good mouth skills...

[Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.]
Apparently so do you, thought you were coming to the track last week end to hold down a chair
Any more excuses?
Old 09-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #185
bluestreak

My Ride: 00' M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Can you file a missing persons report on bluestreak? And ridinangry, too?
I thought this thread was dead, I'm not a regular on this forum so had not checked back because it was boring. I look up to see Lair return with some fanboys now...... Sweet!

But keep piling it on guys, I'm enjoying this. I'm going to save my video because I don't want the backpedaling from the challenge when I do.

Mid 1:20's at Road Atlanta and mid 1:50's at VIR. Have plenty of videos of those though. I'm not bluffing, that much you can count on.....

Quote:
Here's video of a well-driven CM car doing mid-30's at Barber
LOL, CM car with 200k in it. Randy's reputation precedes him. He's fast, but his cars are pro level racing against amateurs.

Quote:
I agree with Lair, let's see the video. I have Lair timed closer to 2:00 minutes, so that means you are running a 1:30 which is damn quick at Barber. If you can do that in a fairly stock 911 turbo, I want to learn from your video.
Have not ran it yet, but can.....

My 1:36's were in several years ago (2007 or so), in car video was not as prevalent then, but I have traqmate data (and my name on mylaps) . Since then I have run 1:35's and a 1:34 in an early warmup session at a chin event (before my ABS wigged out and kept causing random lockups on me that day). I had to time that from after turn 5 because of traffic. Could have done some 33's that day. Both times on Kuhmo V710's. Haven't been to Barber since early 2011.

My car is faster now, I'm a better driver, I run A6's or Pirelli Slicks which are both faster and Barber has a diamond cut surface. With some clean laps 1:30.xx is definitely doable. I'm just not willing to burn a $1600-$2400 set of stickers until there is a Time Trial there again.

Quote:
I don't think we are going to see a flying lap under 1:40, let alone a 1:30 from previous posters. Here's a very good view of what a mid-30 time at Barber looks like in a C-mod car (Randy M. driving).
Wrong.......

Quote:
Bluestreak,

We missed you at the track this weekend. Too bad, it was a fantastic weekend with plenty of track time. The rain chased everyone away on Sunday and then it stopped. 6-7 of us had open track (with a nice dry line) for the last two hours, it would have been a great opportunity for you to put on a drivers clinic.

Bryan racked his brain trying to figure out who you are, but came up empty, just like your bluff
You missed me at the track this weekend? I never said I was coming to that event. Like i said, line someone up for me, and we'll talk about the Sept chin event.

Bryan knows who I am, as does Tom and Dave. That's a promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I don't think we'll ever seem him again. Bluestreak is like the other 911 owners on this forum - all mouth, no action.
I have plenty of action, like I said, let's set a date and put a fast car where your mouth is and I'll be there. From what I know, unless it's the speedsouth car with a leonard in it, or something of similar speed, you don't have much chance.

This should be fun.........

Last edited by bluestreak; 09-01-2013 at 06:35 AM.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #186
Lair

One of the Leonards said he has no clue who you are.

Care to ID yourself?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #187
bluestreak

Simple explanation. You guys don't have enough info about me to give him to know who you are talking about.

I'm not going to ID myself just yet. I'll let you guys continue to pile it on for a while. It's entertaining.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #188
Lemming

Here's the signup list http://chinmotorsports.com/Roster.as...YHiTPfT%2bQ%3d_nr_
Any more excuses?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #189
Lemming

Chin roster for the September DE at Barber is at chinmotorsports.com/Roster.aspx?q=aGYHiTPfT%2bQ%3d
Any more excuses?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #190
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
Simple explanation. You guys don't have enough info about me to give him to know who you are talking about.

I'm not going to ID myself just yet. I'll let you guys continue to pile it on for a while. It's entertaining.
One of the Leonards thinks it's entertaining too. Apparently you missed his FB shoutout after you claimed to be his friend?

Quote:
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 09-01-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #191
Lemming

EW, I doubt that we will get another TT at Barber, at least not for a few years. Best time I can find for you at Barber was a 1:37.746 on 8/6/2008. So come on over and show us a 30.xx, would love to see it. The track is faster now than in 2008, but 7 seconds is quite a bit of time.

www.mylaps.com/en/classification/839445_nr_
Any more excuses?

Last edited by Lemming; 09-01-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #192
bluestreak

Ok, so whos coming to dominate me at Barber with my non sub 1:40 laps.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #193
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
I will

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #194
Lair

Quote:
I'm sure we can find someone to take your challenge, DW.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #195
Lemming

What happened to my post with a link to your mylaps account showing a 1:37.xx in 2008. Not a bad run, but I would be surprised it you take 7 seconds off of your time, even with the track being 2 seconds faster now. Let's see it Dez, you need a 30.xx to beat Lair by 30 seconds
Any more excuses?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #196
Lair

For the record, I ran a 1:56 with no traffic.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #197
bluestreak

Quote:
What happened to my post with a link to your mylaps account showing a 1:37.xx in 2008. Not a bad run, but I would be surprised it you take 7 seconds off of your time, even with the track being 2 seconds faster now. Let's see it Dez, you need a 30.xx to beat Lair by 30 seconds
I did a 36 in 2007, second day ever at barber. That 2008 time was experimenting with rwd (a failed experiment) Car was full weight, no aero, and scrub slicks from bob chick. Not the same car now. Now that you guys have done some homework, ill post my 1:34 when I get home. 2nd session of first day then abs went haywire ending my weekend. Effortless and the only clean full circulation I got. Not even competition level driving. Havent been back since.

1:30 is definitely doable. I think it can go sub 30 to be honest.

Last edited by bluestreak; 09-01-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #198
Lair

Awesome. I would love to see it.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #199
Lemming

Quote:
1:30 is definitely doable. I think it can go sub 30 to be honest.
I'll put my usual bet on the line for the sub 30 lap (six pack of IPA)

Looks like the usual group will be there, we now park on the 3rd tier to avoid the masses and confusion.
Any more excuses?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #200
bluestreak

Video is uploading, but unlike Lair, it won't take forever. I'm not coming down there for the heck of it. Lair talked a lot of smack about his Radical (which wasn't a Radical) friend. I took him up on his challenge, crickets. He claimed he had a bunch of local friends who could run circles around my 911. If it's just a challenge to run a lap time, I'll get to it when I get to it. Doing NASA at RA the weekend before to try and win some tires.

Last edited by bluestreak; 09-01-2013 at 08:06 PM.