E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #61
Lair

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post

You even put up a challenge for your imaginary friend with a radical and I accepted only to find out there was no real friend.
I lied about the radical. I don't have a friend with a radical. I have a friend with a West. I thought it was a radical, but i was wrong. I'll introduce to him if he's here and you actually show up. Take it easy on him. He's an old man.

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 08-04-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #62
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
I don't get it either. You'd think a seasoned track driver would appreciate a video that shows a novice in a pos base boxster running down and passing 911's of every stripe.
The solo drivers in the newer 911's (997 and 991) sometimes get cocky when novice drivers of any type run them down and get the point-by. I've had it happen in my E46 M3. Not sure why, but I attribute it to ego issues? On the contrary, most P-car drivers seem like cool guys trying to have a great time.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 08-04-2013 at 05:53 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #63
Entropyyy

My Ride: 03 325xi 5 speed
Here's your video

Quote:
Too slow for Vettel. Stop being a drama queen, all the video proves is that a boxster went faster than some novices in 911s. You cant prove that you didnt get a buddy who was a better driver or your instructor to take the car out for a session.

Show us all of the session and multiple ones. Or and in car. Otherwise this means nothing. It took forever for a dude tomake the video shorter and you are desperate to prove a point. Poi t not proved. And your car is still slow.
Hater is butthurt cus he can't drive

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Entropyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #64
bluestreak

My Ride: 00' M5
Quote:
Obviously thinking isn't your strong suit. PM me your number if you ever make it back over here, and I'll introduce you to the PCA instructor who gave me a check ride and signed me off. Then I'll introduce you to the GT3 driver and the z06 driver that were there with me. They'll be happy to set you straight.

What kind of 911? What year is it?
Thinking isn't my strong suit? why? Because you issued and challenge? Because I accepted? Or because you backed out?

What is there to think about?

And what are the GT3 and Z06 drivers going to set me straight on?

Quote:
I don't get it either. You'd think a seasoned track driver would appreciate a video that shows a novice in a pos base boxster running down and passing 911's of every stripe.
I appreciate it from humble drivers. Not ones on the internet trying to act like a novice driving session proves their car is the best faux CGT in the world.

Drivers who know that an equal driver in any of the other cars would suck the paint from the sheetmetal on their pos.

Just because you are in the same group does not make you equal drivers.

Quote:
I lied about the radical. I don't have a friend with a radical. I have a friend with a West. I thought it was a radical, but i was wrong. I'll introduce to him if he's here and you actually show up. Take it easy on him. He's an old man.
I knew that.

Oh, but another new friend? Can't wait to hear this one...... Still not the same tone you started with issuing the challenge.

At the track we call those posers.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #65
Lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
The solo drivers in the newer 911's (997 and 991) sometimes get cocky when novice drivers of any type run them down and get the point-by. I've had it happen in my E46 M3. Not sure why, but I attribute it to ego issues? On the contrary, most P-car drivers seem like cool guys trying to have a great time.
True. The new guys are usually the ones that don't get it. They just dropped
large coin on a car that's supposed to be the epitome of sports car design, only to be passed on the track by a loser in a base boxster.

I'd probably be pissed too.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #66
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Rule #13: Unless one can drive 10/10s all the time, the driver, not the car, is the limiting factor.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
Lair

Quote:
Balls out.

Same friend, wrong car.

C sports racers all look alike to me.

I posted a joke about pissed off 911 drivers who got dropped by a novice in a base boxster. I never claimed that my car was faster than a 911 - just that it was built on a better platform. The butthurt overwhelmed you, and the red mist made you see words that aren't there.

Your friend in Seattle started the track challenge, and didnt try to hide which car he drives. You jumped in and tried to take over the challenge because apparently you think I'm stupid enough to agree to anything.

So tell me, fast guy. What kind of 911 do you drive? You seem really confident that it's fast enough to take on all comers.

If you really want to do this, lets do it.

Quote:
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 08-04-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #68
bluestreak

Quote:
Same friend, wrong car.

C sports racers all look alike to me.

I posted a joke about pissed off 911 drivers who got dropped by a novice in a base boxster. I never claimed that my car was faster than a 911 - just that it was built on a better platform. The butthurt overwhelmed you, and the red mist made you see words that aren't there.

Your friend in Seattle started the track challenge, and didnt try to hide which car he drives. You jumped in and tried to take over the challenge because apparently you think I'm stupid enough to agree to anything.

So tell me, fast guy. What kind of 911 do you drive? You seem really confident that it's fast enough to take on all comers.

If you really want to do this, lets do it.
Everyone already knew the cars you were passing were faster than yours, no secret there. It's your arrogance + ignorance combined with nonstop mouthing off I don't like, this really has nothing to do with the cars.

I told you what car I drove when I accepted your challenge. You were too busy running your trap to read it. I'm only giving you a taste of your own medicine when we asked you what group you were in........ Only I've actually posted the information already.

You don't even know what car he's driving, so you have more info on my car than I have on his thanks to your car knowledge........ You find out some solid information and then post it, then we can talk.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #69
Lair

The only model I've seen you refer to is "911". That covers a lot of ground. Kinda like saying you drive a corvette, but in reality you're driving a GT1 NARRA race car.

What do you have to hide?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #70
bluestreak

Quote:
The only model I've seen you refer to is "911". That covers a lot of ground. Kinda like saying you drive a corvette, but in reality you're driving a GT1 NARRA race car.

No it's not. But you'll have to sort through all of your nonsense to find it.

I have never driven a race in my life. My car isn't even race legal, only has a roll bar in it.

It doesn't matter anyways. There aren't any 911's (Or GT cars period) faster than a West outside of a ALMS cars driven by factory drivers.

Like I said, go study up on what car your friend actually has and get back to us.

Last edited by bluestreak; 08-04-2013 at 07:02 PM.
bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #71
Lair

I have a lot of friends, and probably wouldn't have to resort to bothering the west driver to beat your lap
time at Barber.

I could be wrong. You may be a superior driver who can turn a faster lap at barber than any of the locals can. Seems suspicious to me that you refuse to ID your car.

Quote:
I'm driving an improperly built 911 dinosaur with no drivers aids (but ABS).
Cryptic.

Quote:
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 08-04-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #72
bluestreak

Quote:
I have a lot of friends, and probably wouldn't have to resort to bothering the west driver to beat your lap
time at Barber.

I could be wrong. You may be a superior driver who can turn a faster lap at barber than any of the locals can. Seems suspicious to me that you refuse to ID your car.

Oh Really? I drive a 911. Turbo. For the second time.

What you got? Let's see some lap times.......

BTW I know the fast locals too. lol.

Let's line em up. And maybe one day you can prove you were actually driving that boxster in the novice group. Since you only have one session to post, and so many fast local friends.

Last edited by bluestreak; 08-04-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #73
Lair

Quote:

Let's line em up. And maybe one day you can prove you were actually driving that boxster in the novice group. Since you only have one session to post, and so many fast local friends.
Can you hang with David Leonard? How about Tom Fisher?

When you show up to hand Dave & Tom their asses, I'll be happy to introduce you to the people who were at the PCA de with me, and they'll be happy to confirm that I was behind the wheel in every session.

I'll bring a laptop with me so you can spend 90 minutes watching every lap
of every session that I recorded. I'm not going to waste 12 hours of my life uploading video that will show you exactly what you've already seen.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #74
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak
I am an instructor with Chin and will sign up as soon as I see his name and car on the list. I'm calling you on this one. Put up or shut up
Why is an instructor calling out a novice group driver to a race?
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #75
Lair

Because I insulted the pendulum.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #76
bluestreak

Quote:
Can you hang with David Leonard? How about Tom Fisher?

When you show up to hand Dave & Tom their asses, I'll be happy to introduce you to the people who were at the PCA de with me, and they'll be happy to confirm that I was behind the wheel in every session.

I'll bring a laptop with me so you can spend 90 minutes watching every lap
of every session that I recorded. I'm not going to waste 12 hours of my life uploading video that will show you exactly what you've already seen.
I know Dave, Tom, Bryan and their crew, and Dave is more or less a legend at Barber. Their car is actually for sale.

Tom Fisher, is that the guy they built the car for? If so, I know of him, but don't know him personally.

I'm fairly sure not one of them would run anyone at the track on your behalf. Are they really your friends or are you just claiming random people you know are fast. EVERYONE at Barber knows the Leonards.

Keep in mind that I can actually check your validity on this claim. I will see them at the track again in the near future.

Last edited by bluestreak; 08-04-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #77
bluestreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
Why is an instructor calling out a novice group driver to a race?

Are you reading? I did not call him out to race...... Go back and read carefully this time.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #78
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Are you reading? I did not call him out to race...... Go back and read carefully this time.
Quote:
Let's line em up.
What the fvck are you trying to line up? Dinner? Don't get shitty with me because you are upset over some guy in the novice class posting a video of him outrunning a couple of 911s.

Last edited by badfast; 08-04-2013 at 07:59 PM.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #79
Lair

I routinely go around running my mouth on Internet forums about people I don't know.

I knew the Leonards before they bought Speedsouth. I was at Road Atlanta when Dave blew his new engine in his c5 and hit the wall 6 or 7 years ago. I was at Barber for the first public event they had. One of my really good friends was the race chair for that event. I'm just an old slow guy in a chick car, but I don't talk shlt if I can't back it up.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #80
bluestreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfast View Post
What the fvck are you trying to line up? Dinner? Don't get shitty with me because you are upset over some guy in the novice class posting a video of him outrunning a couple of 911s.
No numbnuts. Read in context. I was not talking about my car and his car. You seem to be the only one who couldnt figure that out.