E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Hoyshel

My Ride: 330ci
PIAA Super Sporza Fitment on 01 330ci

Has anyone else had trouble with the PIAA Super Sporza wiper blades on an 01 330ci? The passenger side works fine but regardless of how I install the driver's side it completely misses the middle of the windshield. I've tried spoiler up and down, with and without both guide clip and tab, reinstalling the tab from the OEM wiper to the PIAA wiper, moving the spoiler inside and outside of the guide clip on the arm....nothing seems to work. Any tips?
Hoyshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Zell

My Ride: '02 Dogemobile Shibe
This is common of the clip still being in the arm, but you said you tried removing it. This means there are two other possibilities:

1. Your driver's wiper arm is bent
2. Your wiper blade is bent
Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Hoyshel

My Ride: 330ci
Thanks Zell,

The blade is brand new and the arm works fine with the OEM wipers so I'm not sure it's either of those....i guess that i could have possibly maybe received a defective blade.
Hoyshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Zell

One test would be to swap the passenger blade and see if it still does it. If it doesn't, there's your answer. If it does, then I'd chalk it up to aftermarket stuff not fitting well.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Yewzer B Lewzer

My Ride: 2003 325i
PIAA Super Sporza Fitment on 01 330ci

Compare the arm spring tension from driver to passenger side

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'03 325i. '74 Jeep CJ-5. '93 Sailfish 170XL. '12 Westside SS Longboard. One of these four are sure to be running at any given point in time.
Yewzer B Lewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Jred

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyshel View Post
Has anyone else had trouble with the PIAA Super Sporza wiper blades on an 01 330ci? The passenger side works fine but regardless of how I install the driver's side it completely misses the middle of the windshield. I've tried spoiler up and down, with and without both guide clip and tab, reinstalling the tab from the OEM wiper to the PIAA wiper, moving the spoiler inside and outside of the guide clip on the arm....nothing seems to work. Any tips?
I tried to install the PIAA Super Sporzas on my 2000 328Ci and ran into the same problem with the plastic clip on the drivers side wiper arm, and that, since the wiper arm is slightly curved, that you can't install the blade with the deflector on the bottom as it should be. If you turn the blade around so that the deflector is on the top, yes, now the blade fully contacts the windshield, but the deflector still contacts the arm, but only during the wiping cycle, and makes and annoying "click" every time it contacts the arm, at least it does on my car.
I submitted a complaint to PIAA USA to see if they have a solution for this problem and received the following response from Alan Avery @ PIAA USA Customer Service;

On 7/22/2013 10:42 AM, Alan Avery wrote:

John the Super Sporza blade cannot be used on your vehicle, the blade you should be using is the Si Tech blades

Thank You
Alan Avery
Customer Service
PIAA Corporation
503-489-6666 EXT. 204
1-800-525-7422

However, as I pointed out to him, the application guide that PIAA provides on their website says that the 93350 & 93355 Super Sporza blades fit "All E46 models" from 1999 through 2005, which mine is.
So, I'm shipping the Super Sporzas to PIAA and he's going to replace them with the Si Tech versions.
Jred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
Zell

Good call. They make good wiper blades from what people have told me, but I always just stick with OE since they're so readily available. Beam blades tend to be better anyway.