E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
I call mini golf puttputt from time to time, probably because it is a chain.

That tid bit aside I know exactly where you are coming from my Ex exhibited a lot of those tendencies you are describing. It sucks but you will move on and be better for it as you know read:touchy feelly at all hours of the day

Although I do admit the last week or so my Ex has been on my mind a lot and it's driving me crazy...I don't get how I know she is bad for me in a lot of respects yet I have a fondness for you in my mind? Hard to explain...
Old 07-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #22
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I keep asking myself this question but is it possible to have a warm professionally successful woman? I mean I live in the south so a lot of women just want to be stay at home wives, but I have always had a sweet spot for nurses as they fit that bill. She told me early on that she was worried I am too emotional for her and I think that fed into a lot of what it is.

Is it too much to ask for the woman in your life to come sit on the couch with you and give you a hug and a kiss, or rub your back just because?

And she only enjoyed night sex, no morning sex or anything =[

Feels bad man.
Why don't you just find a warm hearted woman... And leave the "professionally successful" part out.

Why is that part of your search?

Ps.. I've known a lot of nurses personally.... They put up with so much during work and are burned out from long shifts... That they are anything but warm hearted when they get home...Also many I have known seem to rely heavily on drugs and alcohol and are alpha personalities. (In before someone gets offended by this statement) it is not a hard/ fast rule... But it is a personal observation I have noted more than a few times.

Which brings me to mention, there are way too many references in your relationship summary to bars and alcohol.

- $.02

-j
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Why don't you just find a warm hearted woman... And leave the "professionally successful" part out.

Why is that part of your search?

Ps.. I've known a lot of nurses personally.... They put up with so much during work and are burned out from long shifts... That they are anything but warm hearted when they get home...Also many I have known seem to rely heavily on drugs and alcohol and are alpha personalities. (In before someone gets offended by this statement) it is not a hard/ fast rule... But it is a personal observation I have noted more than a few times.

Which brings me to mention, there are way too many references in your relationship summary to bars and alcohol.

- $.02

Because I want to be able to respect her. I broke up with a girl because she wanted to just sit and home and love me.

If I wanted a dependent I would go rescue a dog from a shelter.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
2000beamer

My Ride: 2000 323i
Rich girls break your heart, poor girls take your money.
Pick your poison.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Re: Back so Single :(

Quote:
Because I want to be able to respect her. I broke up with a girl because she wanted to just sit and home and love me.

If I wanted a dependent I would go rescue a dog from a shelter.
So you can't respect a woman who isn't professionally successful?

You're a sad, sad individual.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #26
yousharenow

Back so Single :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
So you can't respect a woman who isn't professionally successful?

You're a sad, sad individual.

No. That's not to say they aren't admirable I just can't respect a woman whose sole job in life is raising my kids and cleaning my house. She has to have higher ambitions and want more than that, she has to be able to mentally engage me and the kind of women that can mentally engage me-don't end up as professional housewives.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796

Quote:
No. That's not to say they aren't admirable I just can't respect a woman whose sole job in life is raising my kids and cleaning my house. She has to have higher ambitions and want more than that, she has to be able to mentally engage me and the kind of women that can mentally engage me-don't end up as professional housewives.

So you assume that housewives are "just housewives"? You assume there's no sense of pride and accomplishment in raising kids?

How much are you willing to shell out for daycare? How much are you willing to pay to have someone else raise your kids?

Old 07-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #28
5ynd1cat3

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, what was/is your mother's occupation?

It's cute you have it all figured out though. Way to go champ. You honestly believe a housewife isn't capable of being mentally engaging? Have you ever bothered to think that maybe the mother of your children is willing to put her professional career on hold in order to fulfill her obligations as a mother then go back to career life several years later because it's what is best for the family?

Seriously dude, you're pathetic and need to grow up. No wonder your slore left you.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #29
yousharenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what was/is your mother's occupation?

It's cute you have it all figured out though. Way to go champ. You honestly believe a housewife isn't capable of being mentally engaging? Have you ever bothered to think that maybe the mother of your children is willing to put her professional career on hold in order to fulfill her obligations as a mother then go back to career life several years later because it's what is best for the family?

Seriously dude, you're pathetic and need to grow up. No wonder your slore left you.

So I'll address this in pieces as the collegiate douchery is oozing from your reply.

1) As stated earlier, I do not want a housewife, nor the mother of my children to sacrifice her career, at the expense of raising "good kids". They are not trade off's especially in today's society.

2) Mom is a nutritionist who took over the food department in our school district so she had summers off with us and had the same schedule we did essentially.

3) She is not a slore.

4) I left her.

Head down south in some salmon shorts and with your attitude. Loads of 22 year olds that went to school for their Mrs. Degree will be happy to fulfill you in your pursuit of gender roles. The CEO of Facebook is a mother who took 6 weeks off maternity leave and went back to work. Are you implying she is a bad mother? What about my sister who is an economist for the fed and has a career- is she a bad mother? What about my mom, who worked FT but maintained a schedule that worked with when the kids where home - is she a bad mother?

What I find entertaining is that while I want to respect and admire women, you simply want them to fulfill some dated 1950's gender role. Look how you refer to women as "slore's" and your overall negative attitude. My bets are that you had a Stay-at-home-mom, and look at the difference between us, and more importantly, how we talk about women.

That in itself is enough proof that I'm not only right, but my intentions and desires are correct and not unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
So you assume that housewives are "just housewives"? You assume there's no sense of pride and accomplishment in raising kids?

How much are you willing to shell out for daycare? How much are you willing to pay to have someone else raise your kids?

Didn't say that. The world is full of assholes and I blame how they were raised. Personally, I don't think its a tradeoff @ $60k/yr but you still get the increased income (even if its only 20k or so) compared to a SAHM. Again, I'm not saying that is evil or bad to "not be home all the time" but I don't subscribe to that life.

I don't think it is too much to ask of a woman to be warm, attractive, intelligent, and professionally successful. I am in a town full of professionally succesfulwomen. Ladies are asking the same thing in return - I am just not going to be a meal ticket. Some guys like that and what to be a provider and support an entire household.

I simply do not, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by yousharenow; 07-28-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #30
NOVAbimmer

I'm just wondering why "professionally successful" was on your list. It seemed like you equated it with intelligence, which is a dangerous trap to fall in to.

What it really seems like you're looking for is someone with ambition and intelligence and who is financially self-sufficient.

Hopefully someone who will put family before self is also on that list, as that's really what's important.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
yousharenow

Quote:
I'm just wondering why "professionally successful" was on your list. It seemed like you equated it with intelligence, which is a dangerous trap to fall in to.

What it really seems like you're looking for is someone with ambition and intelligence and who is financially self-sufficient.

Hopefully someone who will put family before self is also on that list, as that's really what's important.

Because I want to talk about work and be able to "fully relate" to my woman.

What I am getting at is that I desire things like ambition, intelligence, and financial self-sustaining women - but those characteristics typically lend themselves to "Professionally Successful" women.

Again I reject the entire notion that you cant have a good home, great kids, and a happy family AND two working parents.

BTW- going to college or being successful doesn't necessarily make you smart. My ex made almost as much money as I did and she was sharp, but she isn't an intellectual like I am.

I really don't feel as though I need to settle or compromise. I'm not some unicorn flying around and outside of 1950's gender roles your guys can't give me any reason why expecting a woman to be in the same spot I am in life, is unreasonable.

Last edited by yousharenow; 07-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #32
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Because I want to talk about work and be able to "fully relate" to my woman.

What I am getting at is that I desire things like ambition, intelligence, and financial self-sustaining women - but those characteristics typically lend themselves to "Professionally Successful" women.

Again I reject the entire notion that you cant have a good home, great kids, and a happy family AND two working parents.

BTW- going to college or being successful doesn't necessarily make you smart. My ex made almost as much money as I did and she was sharp, but she isn't an intellectual like I am.

I really don't feel as though I need to settle or compromise. I'm not some unicorn flying around and outside of 1950's gender roles your guys can't give me any reason why expecting a woman to be in the same spot I am in life, is unreasonable.
I'm not saying its not possible, just remember that if you have kids, they need to be the focus. Having kids changes people, and the kids and family need to be the focus, not jobs.

I can understand that you're not looking for someone who wants a meal ticket, but just remember that being a stay-at-home parent isn't just hitting the gravy train and riding it out.

Not trying to change your opinion, just trying to show you a broader perspective.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:21 PM   #33
NOVAbimmer

I would also not refer to your future wife as your "woman" if you really want to respect her.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #34
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
The amount of **** op gets on this site is amazing. I agree with him to an extent.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #35
5ynd1cat3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
The amount of **** op gets on this site is amazing. I agree with him to an extent.
But he's an intellectual!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #36
Keno

My Ride: smelly & leaky 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Keno

OP, I would have done the same. Dont waste time with someone that will leave you unfulfilled if you're looking to settle. Of course if this developed after a couple years, id say work on it but thats not the case.

And I have the same ideals with who I want to marry - ultimately I need my better half to take care of things financially in case I hit a rough patch (likely to happen at times as I will be my own boss).

Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #37
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
Why the extremes. Professional. Vs. housewife

There is a middle ground, you know.
You can't respect someone who has a job like a salon manager, sales person or even an artist?

You say you want a warm hearted snuggly woman ...and you want her to be a 6 figure career minded woman also.

Report back in 20 years and let us know how that search went....

In the meantime, here's a chuckle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyton-BMW View Post

-j

Last edited by Bimmer4Lyfe; 07-29-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #38
Interlagos

My Ride: 2006 E46 M3
"Professionally successful" does not always equate to cold-hearted, climb-to-the-top-of-the-corporate-ladder bitch (I know that's not what you are implying, I'm just stating). There are many affectionate, warm, loving women out there with fabulous careers. I'm one of them.

OP... not that it helps but I do feel your pain. It's hard for me to find a guy who shares my same interests (in addition to being a BMW enthusiast I'm big into MotoGP/AMA, riding/sport bikes in general) and who is on the same level education/career/goals-wise.
Interlagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #39
yousharenow

Quote:
I'm not saying its not possible, just remember that if you have kids, they need to be the focus. Having kids changes people, and the kids and family need to be the focus, not jobs.

I can understand that you're not looking for someone who wants a meal ticket, but just remember that being a stay-at-home parent isn't just hitting the gravy train and riding it out.

Not trying to change your opinion, just trying to show you a broader perspective.

I hear ya - all I am saying is that for me, personally, I want to be with a woman that values her career as I don't think it comes as the expense of a good family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Dude its the internet on a car forum for 10 year old cars. Everyone is a dude-brah on here.

Last edited by yousharenow; 07-29-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #40
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
I hear ya - all I am saying is that for me, personally, I want to be with a woman that values her career as I don't think it comes as the expense of a good family.

Dude its the internet on a car forum for 10 year old cars. Everyone is a dude-brah on here.
I notice that the replies one gets really depends on the persons reputation on here. I was dealing with some things that I shared and I got a lot of good info. Someone else may have been told something else.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote