E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
Think0rz

My Ride: 05 AW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
So was the lambo shadow racing or something lol ouch that wasn't a race at all who ended up taking down the lambo?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #42
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
I don't think anyone did.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #43
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
It broke something if I remember correctly.
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #44
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
It broke something if I remember correctly.
It hit the dirt and he was extremely selective in who he raced...quite a few times he went solo. Guy was a douche to talk to; didn't care about anyone else. Not a true enthusiast imo.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #45
Think0rz

My Ride: 05 AW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
It hit the dirt and he was extremely selective in who he raced...quite a few times he went solo. Guy was a douche to talk to; didn't care about anyone else. Not a true enthusiast imo.
Well I'm glad he broke something lol I experienced the same from a R8 UGR owner recently & a high HP GTR very selective who they ran (basically picking on people) ultimately douche bag personalities. I dont think you can consider yourself a enthusiast if you cant appreciate any well put together car imo.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #46
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

TT UGR LAmbo? Needs two cone jump on a single t m3? Lol

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #47
Twin_Turbo_S54

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Mert, your persistence is admirable.. I'm just tired of it. I want to enjoy the car, drive it, etc. Its been on lifts, trailers and in storage for 11months of the year for the last 3 years.. it gets a little tiring.
Marcus, I know what you mean, enjoy in good health
Twin_Turbo_S54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #48
MalibuMafiaV

My Ride: SCed E46 & E60 M5
Quote:

I've been whooped by a UGR 1500awhp Lamborghini.. once you get whooped by one of those you sorta realize when a platform is more or less at its logical maximum. I feel in the E46 m3 that's around 800-900rwhp. Even at those power levels your often over powering the tires and putting the car under questionable loads frequently and breaking things. Which is why my goal is in the 800rwhp range.
That wasn't the point of the video and my point either. My point was stop rebuilding your car over and over again. Be done with it be content with what you've created, be happy with it , enjoy it and move onto something else.
Maserati 2004 M128 GT - HREs/tint/straight piped SOLD
BMW 2006 M3 - stock - SOLD

Last edited by MalibuMafiaV; 08-01-2013 at 06:21 PM.
MalibuMafiaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #49
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
That wasn't the point of the video and my point either. My point was stop rebuilding your car over and over again. Be done with it be content with what you've created, be happy with it , enjoy it and move onto something else.
I don't think you know the history of my car, which is why you probably didn't understand my previous statement. No worries.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #50
MalibuMafiaV

Quote:
I don't think you know the history of my car, which is why you probably didn't understand my previous statement. No worries.
I know enough from reading these forums. In the end there's no reason to do what your doing now if the car runs fine am I wrong?. Other than you simply wanting to.
I'm not attacking you in any way. I respect you and your car.

Last edited by MalibuMafiaV; 08-01-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #51
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
I know enough from reading these forums. In the end there's no reason to do what your doing now if the car runs fine am I wrong?. Other than you simply wanting to.
I'm not attacking you in any way. I respect you and your car.
The car had some issues which required a rebuild of the motor. I could have just left the rest be and just replaced the motor but I decided to change up some items that I wasn't happy with (solid diff cover, reinstalled rear seats for better sound dampening, etc) and then decided to throw in some radium stuff since I like their products.

Once its done now I'll see no need to change it unless another issue should occur, which I'm pretty confident won't as I've spared no expense on this last rebuild.

New Build by Lab22

Old 08-01-2013, 06:29 PM   #52
MalibuMafiaV

Quote:
The car had some issues which required a rebuild of the motor. I could have just left the rest be and just replaced the motor but I decided to change up some items that I wasn't happy with (solid diff cover, reinstalled rear seats for better sound dampening, etc) and then decided to throw in some radium stuff since I like their products.

Once its done now I'll see no need to change it unless another issue should occur, which I'm pretty confident won't as I've spared no expense on this last rebuild.
Well in that case excellent news!. I hope your car lasts and is fun! that's what matters.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #53
MarcusLSB

I should also mention my crank is balanced now, everything is blue printed and balanced, heads are lightly polished, just a 'massage'. Its got supertech valves and springs in it now (not +1, just std). It should be a very stout setup.

New Build by Lab22

Old 08-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #54
MisterM

My Ride: 03 M3
Quote:
I should also mention my crank is balanced now, everything is blue printed and balanced, heads are lightly polished, just a 'massage'. Its got supertech valves and springs in it now (not +1, just std). It should be a very stout setup.
Should be fun.

From my NA head adventures - the ST valves alone in standard size flow better than their OE counterparts without massaging. Add in some careful CNC mark cleanup and its a potent combination.

Good luck and enjoy the car in good health. Thanks again for the retainer heads up.

Mike
Old 08-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #55
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
Should be fun.

From my NA head adventures - the ST valves alone in standard size flow better than their OE counterparts without massaging. Add in some careful CNC mark cleanup and its a potent combination.

Good luck and enjoy the car in good health. Thanks again for the retainer heads up.

Mike
Thanks! I'm always happy to help a fellow enthusiast avoid a costly disaster!

New Build by Lab22

Old 08-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #56
dan avoN7

My Ride: A car
Quote:
Same crank as before? The crank wasn't balanced during the previous motor build? I'm curious how out of balance it was. I guess that could be the explanation for the flywheel bolts continually coming loose.
dan avoN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #57
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post
Same crank as before? The crank wasn't balanced during the previous motor build? I'm curious how out of balance it was. I guess that could be the explanation for the flywheel bolts continually coming loose.
Brand new crank from the factory.

The crank was not balanced during the last build.

Lab22 balances and blueprints every build, HPF did not as it roughly doubles the cost of the machining, can't recall exact price.

I believe pretty strongly that the motor was out of balance before and that's what caused the flywheel bolts to back out. I actually replaced everything that could have caused that from the flywheel itself to the harmonic dampner. When none of that resolved it I decided to rebuild it.

Keeping in mind that cost me a few thousand dollars in trial/error.. eventually enough's enough.

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 08-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #58
STORMER

My Ride: AA SC 98 M3
In the original post is that Dallas' car I spy on a lift?!

360+rwhp

AA Stage 2, Arp2000, Underdrive Pulley, M50 Manifold, Cat Delete, Supersprint Exhaust, M5 Clutch w/ Lightweight Flywheel, Euro Fan, FK Coilovers, AEM Boost Gauge, Zhp Knob, Stoptech Brakes, R1 Rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
You sir, just thread jacked the sh!t out of OP.
STORMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #59
MarcusLSB

Re: My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

I believe so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BimmerApp mobile app

New Build by Lab22

Old 08-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #60
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: HPF M3 2.5+
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

Quote:
Wow.... has it been a year already? Time fly's.. Guess its time for me to gut the car and build it back up from scratch again. This time it will be the last time though and John Truong from Lab22 as well as Champ will be leading the charge on this one.

We're going high compression on this one. 11.5:1, partial skirted, coated, custom designed, over the top Wiseco pistons with Pauter rods.

The Infinity-8 PNP for the E46 M3 which Lab22 has already had in multiple cars, one of which for many months.

I'm also going with the Lab22 fuel system, known at Lab22 as the "Kenton Special".

I'm up in the air on injectors, not sure if I'll be going with ID1300's or ID2000's. Dropping back down to my 7168 Turbo from my 7275 Turbo.

I'm also going to be using the Vibra Technic's Comp motor mounts.

Lab22 modified the rear seats so they could go back in. Which should help muffle a bit of the noise and make for a more enjoyable interior experience in the car. I'm still sticking with the OS Giken triple disk clutch. I've removed the billet diff cover and will be going back to OEM with poly bushings as it created way to much NVH.

The exhaust is going to be reworked. Likely adding mufflers and a QTP while still keeping the SP boost actuated cut out up front. But that's all still up in the air.

Hopefully it will be all completed in 2-3 weeks, maybe not the exhaust but the rest of it.

My apologies if you've seen all these pictures, I pulled them from the Lab22 Facebook page (fb.com/lab22)
Good for u Marcus... U've been through a lot and deserve a car u can enjoy and drive... I like ur approach 800rwhp and reliability... Make a good street / track car... Keep the pics coming and info.. Love following high quality builds

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app