E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #61
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
Wish you all the best man. You deserve a properly running car without any issues. And the Radium products look great great in CammandorWiggins car. I think I might give Them a call. JP knows his stuf.

Last edited by MaverickM3; 08-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.
MaverickM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #62
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's

Rear seats are back in!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:30 AM   #63
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Glad you are doing things your way now Marcus and you are in amazing hands with Lab22. A great shop with a great mind set and all TRUE enthusiast. Rear seats back in FTMW!!!

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #64
Moosecakes

My Ride: 02' SMG M3
Congrats marcus!! I got to take a peak at the car when I hung out with kenton and gheybeeee last time. Looks great!! Such a beast lol.

I was going to take my car up to the guys there and see if they have any input on my ****ing battery light spazzing the **** out after I just put a new battery in and new alt...

Next time you guys are up here hit me up!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #65
MarcusLSB

Re: My LSB Build Thread - (v3.0 - The Final Build by Lab22)

Im hoping the cars done end of August and I'll be up there to pick it up then. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BimmerApp mobile app

New Build by Lab22

Old 08-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #66
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Im hoping the cars done end of August and I'll be up there to pick it up then. I'll keep you posted.

Are you implying that the Infinity might be fully developed by then?
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #67
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E85head View Post
It's very possible

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #68
MarcusLSB

Quote:
The infinity has hit multiple delays but is a week or two from being released... unless it gets delayed again.

New Build by Lab22

Old 08-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #69
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
My car is fully driveable with the Infinity as it sits right now...polishing touches are the only thing left so it's been very close for a while.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #70
Lab22
Past Site Sponsor

Lab22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #71
MisterM

My Ride: 03 M3
Looks great Marcus with both VT mounts. I'd be interested to hear your driving impressions after running solids.

FWIW - Sadly, I have to return the trans brace and mounts as it does not work with the Supersprint V1 header combo. Clanked big time on section 1 and too much material to grind off. Supersprint stepped V1 owners beware.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #72
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
Oh.....

Oh my god.

In. :O
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL CF Trunk l GTR CF Hood l CSL CF Diffuser l Status Gruppe

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #73
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
Looks great Marcus with both VT mounts. I'd be interested to hear your driving impressions after running solids.

FWIW - Sadly, I have to return the trans brace and mounts as it does not work with the Supersprint V1 header combo. Clanked big time on section 1 and too much material to grind off. Supersprint stepped V1 owners beware.
I didn't find the solid motor and tranny mounts to be as obnoxious as my rear solid diff with no bushings at all.

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 08-08-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #74
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
its disgusting how easy it is for you guys to pull the motor with that new hydraulic cheatercontraption. lol and marcus your FCAs are as shiny as those new motormounts!

edit: *how easy it is to pull the whole friggin drivetrain!

Last edited by Dreikraft; 08-09-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #75
JR @ RS WORX
Sponsor

My Ride: a car

Marcus do you own (Lab22) ?

Best of luck with your build! Interested to see how the high compression works out. Running e98/e100?

Just an FYI supertech had a bad batch of Titanium retainers that were not machined correctly. They would not allow the shim to sit correctly in the retainer which caused valve clearence to be set incorrectly.

Fortunately I found this out on my car this past week before I pushed the engine hard. Supertech is shipping me a new set of retainers this week.

Last edited by JR @ RS WORX; 08-10-2013 at 07:25 PM.
JR @ RS WORX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #76
323tom

My Ride: Turbo 323 ;)
When was this bad batch machined? I have the super techs in my car but there was numerous dyno pulls at 1000whp+ and I've done quite a few had pulls myself so I guess the retainers I got were fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR @ RS WORX View Post

Best of luck with your build! Interested to see how the high compression works out. Running e98/e100?

Just an FYI supertech had a bad batch of Titanium retainers that were not machined correctly. They would not allow the shim to sit correctly in the retainer which caused valve clearence to be set incorrectly.

Fortunately I found this out on my car this past week before I pushed the engine hard. Supertech is shipping me a new set of retainers this week.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #77
JR @ RS WORX
Sponsor

6 months ago or so. You would know if it was an issue. The valve tap was so bad after driving 20 miles or so you could hear it though the tail pipe. Some of the valves were out by .007-.008 of an inch. That would be a totall valve lash clearence of .018-.019 thou. Spec for exhaust side is .011-.013 thou. :0

If anyone would like to know more information Pm me. I don't want to jack Marcus's thread
Old 08-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #78
MarcusLSB

Quote:
That's actually a complex/long answer. John is a good friend of mine and has been since I met him almost three years ago. I have assisted Lab22 financially, as well as with my time doing web development/design. My enjoyment is going to events with John/and crew. I however do not have time to run/own a shop.. so the short answer would be no, I'm not an owner but I am involved.. but not at all in the day to day or decision making and live almost 12 hours south in Northern California.

Quote:
I'm also curious to see how the compression and E98 changes the power band and car. Aside from the compression its pretty much a clone of Kenton's car.. so we'll have a really good benchmark as far as how the compression directly effects everything.

Quote:

Yeah, we found that out as well. John finished my car before Shift Sector last April (like literally the night before) and on the first pass it had a bit of valve train noise and we pulled the valve cover off and found the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323tom View Post
When was this bad batch machined? I have the super techs in my car but there was numerous dyno pulls at 1000whp+ and I've done quite a few had pulls myself so I guess the retainers I got were fine?
The bad shims were shipped in March. Kenton's were bad, as were mine.. and MisterEm's whom I notified via a pm on another forum when I saw his build thread. Not all were bad, but about 1/2 of them in the batch were.

We found out at Shift Sector in April when I had valvetrain noise.

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 08-10-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #79
JR @ RS WORX
Sponsor

Unreal! You would think Supertech would have out a notification out on this!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #80
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Unreal! You would think Supertech would have out a notification out on this!
You wouldn't believe how much work John had to do to prove to them they were bad, aside from just sending the samples back to them. They even tried to claim that John shaved the back of the valves.

New Build by Lab22