E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
Bavaryan

My Ride: 330i w/out park.
Original post says I turn 30 in about 8 months, so by my math that would mean I'm 29.....
Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #22
a s u r a 0 s 9
Nikkei is a $lut.

My Ride: is always in a shop
if you're busy, u can try this routine...

it takes VERY little time a day with decent results.
I've been doing it for 6~7months now and it has worked out better than i expected.

http://harrycloudfoot.com/2012/05/11...ts-in-6-weeks/
Old 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #23
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
Doesn't help.
It takes most people at least several weeks to adjust to a new sleep schedule, some people take 6 weeks or so.

An old trick for determining how much sleep you need is to go to sleep 15 minutes earlier every few nights until you wake up before your alarm. So if your alarm is set for 6 am and you usually go to sleep (as in fall asleep, not just get into bed and stare at the ceiling) at 11 pm, then go to sleep at 10:45 for a few days, and then 10:30 for a few days and so on. When you get to the point where you're waking up before your alarm, you'll know how much sleep your body needs each night.

More relevant to your question:

Ease into the earlier wake-up time. Move your alarm 15 minutes earlier each Saturday to allow your body to progressively adjust to the newer schedule.

Get external motivation.
-- Put a schedule on the fridge in the kitchen and write in the days you get up to work out.
-- Tell everyone at work that you're going to be working out in the mornings, risking the shame of having to admit that you stayed in bed if you don't get up and go to the gym.
-- Find a training buddy that you meet at the gym so you're letting someone else down if you don't show up.
-- Make a deal with yourself that if you get up and go 4 days in a M-F week, you get some kind of reward that weekend. Fapping, new shoes, ice cream, massage, $5 in the jar toward new video game, whatever.
-- Start a group on meetup.com for early-morning exercisers in your area.

Find some other form of exercise that you're more excited about going to do. Bike riding, running the bleachers at the local HS stadium, neighborhood obstacle course, calisthenics in the back yard.

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #24
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Find some other form of exercise that you're more excited about going to do. Bike riding, running the bleachers at the local HS stadium, neighborhood obstacle course, calisthenics in the back yard.
this is key for getting into working out. do something fun, make it a game
Old 07-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentaruu View Post
this is key for getting into working out. do something fun, make it a game
I think the best way is to actually get into what you're doing and not worry about anything else for that moment. In that hour you're working out, all you need to think about is how hard you're pushing yourself and the satisfaction of making yourself do something even better. Not work, not what you gotta do later, not what you did that day, but just that. None of the crap you did at work that day, or you'll do tomorrow, helps you in that moment. That's probably one of the hardest things to do, too - which is why scheduling is so, so important. When you have a schedule, you don't need to worry about any of that.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #26
rsxstock

My Ride: 2001 325ci
i wake up to a lamp set on a timer to simulate sunlight
Old 07-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #27
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Anyone get up early and hit the gym before work? Tips to get going?

I get up @ 5:45am, brush and roll out and get to the gym at about 6am. I lift for an hour, go home get ready and smash a breakfast and head to my office.

My advice is to go to bed early, prep yourself the night before and force yourself to get up. Once you do it, you will realize how great it feels to have accomplished so much before the day even has begun. My best days are the days I lift before work. Once you get a routine, you can stay awake pretty decent the night before.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-31-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
go to bed early and wake up to Andrew WK
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
GuiltySpark

My Ride: 02 325xi
I woke up last semester MWF at 5AM to workout(my 60 something y/old professor was there too everyday, he taught my 7am class), for me it helps you wake up and you feel better, sleep better, focus better, you get the drift. It depends on your motivation to go to the gym, if you don't want to go early you're not going to, if at all. I went because I had a PT test a few months down the line and I like the feel of a burning workout, followed by a shower and then the cold winter air. Point is you've got to want to go to the gym, be it to stay in shape, qualify for a CCT/TACP slot, look good for the ladies, or to shed a few pounds, you've got to want it. Maybe watch 300 or Man of Steel, lol it's always gym time after watching those movies. Oh and if you think that you do't have enough time in the day, or you don't get enough sleep, smh. When I was in AF tech school we woke up at 0445, had PT from 5-6, got cleaned up, dressed, cleaned our rooms, ate breakfast, fell in for formation by 0700 marched to class, we had class (lecture/hands on/ field work) for 8-9 hours and then were released after formation, after which we usually went to the gym then studied, cleaned, ate, showered etc... and those were regular days, in which we didn't have to put up with surprise BS. Anyhow, your'e not in bad shape and you're still young so good luck, you're already part of the way there, cheers.
GuiltySpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Re: Anyone get up early and hit the gym before work? Tips to get going?

Get up? Early? Hit the gym? Work?

So many words I don't know the meaning of.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #31
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
tried it, no can do, just not for some people, everyone is different

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #32
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
It takes most people at least several weeks to adjust to a new sleep schedule, some people take 6 weeks or so.

An old trick for determining how much sleep you need is to go to sleep 15 minutes earlier every few nights until you wake up before your alarm. So if your alarm is set for 6 am and you usually go to sleep (as in fall asleep, not just get into bed and stare at the ceiling) at 11 pm, then go to sleep at 10:45 for a few days, and then 10:30 for a few days and so on. When you get to the point where you're waking up before your alarm, you'll know how much sleep your body needs each night.

More relevant to your question:

Ease into the earlier wake-up time. Move your alarm 15 minutes earlier each Saturday to allow your body to progressively adjust to the newer schedule.

Get external motivation.
-- Put a schedule on the fridge in the kitchen and write in the days you get up to work out.
-- Tell everyone at work that you're going to be working out in the mornings, risking the shame of having to admit that you stayed in bed if you don't get up and go to the gym.
-- Find a training buddy that you meet at the gym so you're letting someone else down if you don't show up.
-- Make a deal with yourself that if you get up and go 4 days in a M-F week, you get some kind of reward that weekend. Fapping, new shoes, ice cream, massage, $5 in the jar toward new video game, whatever.
-- Start a group on meetup.com for early-morning exercisers in your area.

this

in b4 excuses

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
SonicBoom

My Ride: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
How old are you?
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...7&postcount=12
SonicBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #34
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxstock View Post
i wake up to a lamp set on a timer to simulate sunlight
Those are great, I do too. Do you then "smash a breakfast?"

Mocking aside, Green Shine is right. And once you fall out of the cycle (like I have) you feel like shiit.

Last edited by Grande D; 08-01-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #35
Bavaryan

My Ride: 330i w/out park.
Re: Anyone get up early and hit the gym before work? Tips to get going?

Tuesday morning is going to be my first go at this. Monday's I'm always struggling to wake myself up so my goal is to get there tues weds and thurs morning this next week. Wish me luck!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #36
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
You could post your phone number here. Nothing like a few dozen E46OTrolls calling and texting you at 5 am to get you going...

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelratr View Post
you could post your phone number here. Nothing like a few dozen e46otrolls calling and texting you at 5 am to get you going...
v8...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #38
L3MONz

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG5384 View Post
Tuesday morning is going to be my first go at this. Monday's I'm always struggling to wake myself up so my goal is to get there tues weds and thurs morning this next week. Wish me luck!!!

You better go on Monday. Better yet, start Sunday morning. You won't get any results if you're slacking off during these days. Plus no one usually goes to the gym on Sunday mornings so no need to wait for any equipment.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #39
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
i love sunday mornings in the gym
least crowded

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #40
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
my morning workouts involve a couple sets of 20 pull-ups (in my home) and a 5.5 mile jog outside.

I hate gyms.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote