E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2002, 11:11 PM   #1
GeoMystic

My Ride: '03 330i ZHP
Just installed NAV-TV!!!

This thing is great!! It took me a few hours because of some trial and error. It was not difficult but took me some time. I wired the antenna up to a relay and and mounted the antenna in the PDC strip. It only involves tapping into a couple of wires in your factory harness. For 2002 and up you must connect two audio wires from the provided harness to a connector in the nav cpu using pins. It is fairly simple but may require some time, depending on your knowlege in car audio. The instructions are pretty good and easy to follow. Mounting the antenna was a little tough, but it fit quite well in the PDC strip. You are then left with 2 extra factory connectors which go into the video module. The module screws right into the Nav bracket and looks great. The reception is pretty good and would be better if I mounted the antenna in the rear window, but I rather it be a stealth installation. The picture looks great for an in car TV Tuner!I bought this setup mainly so I can add a DVD player to it, which I will get hopefully in a week or so. This mod was a little expensive, but well worth the money.. The audio input is mono for now, but I went to the NAV-TV dealer myself, I live a few blocks away, and he told me they are working on an upgrade to stereo very soon.... The best thing is that I now have a TV tuner and available Audio/Video inputs without losing my factory head unit. I just select Television and select my desired channel. To get to the A/V input(DVD-player) I go to the AV channel and I'm there! Can't wait to get it. Here are some pics of the install and the screen. Anyone has any questions about NAV-TV feel free to ask. Happy driving!!

Notice the video module under the DVD-NAV with the RCA inputs, I also took the time to install the cd-changer I had fom my 325...

This is the entire kit for a '03 330i

Here is when I took off the PDC strip

You can switch between 4:3 and 16:9

When I pulled out of my backyard the picture got a lot better and had vertually no static!! This setup is great and fulfills all of my mobile entertainment needs...

2003 330i Mystic Blue - Black Alcantara/Cloth
6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM TV Function retro - Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 - HD-DICE - DIY Clutch Stop - Silver headlight inserts - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35/20 Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
GeoMystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:35 PM   #2
BMW328Ci

My Ride: 328Ci
Send a message via AIM to BMW328Ci
looks nice, makes me want that too, that and the paddle shift you did before is a lot in the little time youve had the car, keep up the modding man!!
BMW328Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:40 PM   #3
NIK23

My Ride: '02 330Ci Topaz Blue
Send a message via AIM to NIK23
Looks sweet! I was looking the same setup myself. Few questions:
- did you have to do anything to enable the 'Television' entry in the main menu? Or does it just appear there automatically, once you connect the unit?
- did you order the tv system with the video-in-motion activated? Or did you have to go to their shop to have it activated?
- how long was the installation?
NIK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 11:50 PM   #4
GeoMystic

The TV entry appears automatically when you connect the video module. No need to activate anything... Just plug and play. It took me a few hours. It should take around 2-3 hours depending on where you install the antenna. Oh and the video in motion was already active when I bougt the kit. That is done physically in the module.

6 Sp Manual | Performance Package | Cold Weather Package | Silver Cube Trim | Navigation | Bi-Xenons | Moonroof | PDC

OEM Clears - OEM Alarm - OEM TV Function retro - Blaupunkt DVD-ME3 - HD-DICE - DIY Clutch Stop - Silver headlight inserts - M3 Rearview Mirror - OEM ///M Dead Pedal - Euro First Aid Kit - Euro Warning Triangle - 35/20 Window Tint - ECIS CAI - ACS Style Roof Spoiler
Old 10-20-2002, 06:34 AM   #5
CrazyBimmer
Manwhore

My Ride: 09 M3 Sedan
Send a message via AIM to CrazyBimmer
How much does the kit go for?
Old 10-20-2002, 07:01 AM   #6
rabright

My Ride: 2003 330 Ci
Very Hot Dude

Geo, this is sweeeeeeet.

How many channels do you pick up? I cannot pick up any regular stations on my tv in the house unless I have cable (in Atlanta). How would I be able to pick up the local nets in my car? I assume you can only pick up the 3 local networks, and maybe PBS? What channels do you get and how is the reception? How is the audio while you are driving?

Thanks.
rabright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 08:50 PM   #7
GeoMystic

Thanx rabright.

The tv picks up every local channel in my area. I get about 10 channels, maybe more. One comes in very staticky, but the others are clear enough to make out and enjoy. I get PBS, Fox, WB, UPN, CBS, NBC, some spanish channels and even the home shopping network sometime. I was watching football today on the way home from a party.

The audio is excellent, while driving the audio stays perfect, the picture distorts a little, but not the audio.

Old 01-08-2003, 10:29 AM   #8
Impulss
T!TSLVR

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoTopaz330i
Thanx rabright.

The tv picks up every local channel in my area. I get about 10 channels, maybe more. One comes in very staticky, but the others are clear enough to make out and enjoy.
So i guess you can't really just use your NAV DVD player to play DVDs huh?>?

This will be my next mod, but I know it's like $1200. When will the stereo version come out??

Old 01-08-2003, 03:43 PM   #9
eksath

My Ride: 02 330ci TopazBlue
Nice!!!!...but how much in parts? and what exactly do you need?

Thanks for the post!!

www.starracer.us
---------------------------------------------
People believe in Ghosts, UFOs, talking to the dead, advertising, magic, curses, voodoo dolls, Elvis' death faked, the Great Pumpkin, Tupac still lives, the WWF, that all the moon walks were staged, real unstaged audience questions in talk shows, JFK's conspiracy assination theories, TWA 800 shoot down conspiracy theories, the image of the Virgin Mary appearing on a left over pizza, that Dr. Laura has no bias, that homosexuality is a choice, the guests on Jerry Springer, the TV illness of the month, that guns don't hurt people do, that CNN doesn't hype stories, the Osbornes not being staged, that a pill can make you loose weight without ever dieting or excercising, that there's a cure for baldness, aging and being short, that Britney Spears doesn't lip sync, That KFC is a healthy food choice, that the British Royal family isn't disfunctional, that there really were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, that all Arabs are the same, that Muslims encompass everyone from Indonesia to Morocco and they are all extremists, that all Americans are the same, that's it's always cold in Canada, that cigarettes aren't addictive, that it's ok to drink but not ok to smoke up.........and on and on and on and on...... so what on Earth makes anyone believe that there is something unusual about people fearing the number 13 or astrology?
eksath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 04:51 PM   #10
PfCxM3
Poor M3 Owner

My Ride: 02 M3 Cab
Send a message via AIM to PfCxM3
1200 just for watching tv thats not worth it.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:09 PM   #11
cmweed

Quote:
Originally posted by PfCxM3
1200 just for watching tv thats not worth it.
It also gives the ability to play video games, watch movies, and whatever else you would like to do that involves a screen.
cmweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 10:14 PM   #12
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
hows the glare during the day? with my after market screen I cant see the the screw that well in the daytime.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 11:19 PM   #13
raffaelli

My Ride: 2003 E46 ///M3
Send a message via AIM to raffaelli
So there is no wiring up to the screen? It is all done in the trunk (besides the antenna). Can you hook up an Xbox and a DVD at the same time? If so will another AV show up on the screen.

I am going to get this in my 03M3 (taking delivery this week). But I will wait till there is a stereo version. Does the audio come through the car audio system?

Thanks for your help!!!
2003 ///M3 Coupe / Metallic Steel Grey / Black Leather / 6 Speed / Aluminum Trim / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / 19" M Spoke / Navigation System / Bi Xenon Headlights / Harmon upgrade / Alarm / Mats / Ordered : 11/23/02 / Born on Date : 12/12/02 / Loaded onto the 'Don Juan' : 12/18/02 / North American arrival : 1/2/03 / Arrival at Dealer : 1/13/03 / Delivered: 1/15/03 MINE MINE MINE!!!

SCCA 101 AS
raffaelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #14
BAVARIAN323i
Ballin'

My Ride: 1999 323i
Send a message via AIM to BAVARIAN323i
Do you get cable?

Does it get the reception through the antenna?

1999 e46
-Jim Confronti Shark Injector Software
-18x8.5 Breyton Inspirations
-Bridgestone S-03 Potenza Pole Positionís
-H&R CupKit w/ M3 RSM & Z3 plate
-UUC Pedals
-European Lights w/ Silvervision Bulbs all around
-DEI Shock Sensor
BAVARIAN323i is offline   Reply With Quote