E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2002, 08:31 PM   #1
ardi

My Ride: Breyton Sedan
Any 1 know if you can get the part in yellow circle (see pic) for a 325i ?

Do you have to buy the whole bumper or can you just buy the mesh grill separately? How much do they run for?

Can the grill be installed on a car that doesn't come with it?

Thanks for any input

Sorry for using your pic FTHM
BTW, I saw your car in person at HIN, looks awesome !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	meshgrill.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	311  
ardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:37 PM   #2
ardi

I have a breyton kit. The breyton front add-on overlaps parts of the stock bumper (along the line where the yellow arrow points to). Is that going to present a problem when installing the mesh grill?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grill.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	313  
Old 04-22-2002, 09:38 AM   #3
eddie@tirerack
Police Officer

My Ride: 03 Dodge Intrepid
Ardi-

Good look- what kind of mirrors are those?
eddie@tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 06:31 PM   #4
sfh325i
should be sfh330Ci

My Ride: 330Ci ZHP
Send a message via AIM to sfh325i
ardi, I noticed the oregon license plate in the window of the steel blue on the left. I am pretty sure I have seen both that and the black audi down in eugene. you guys go to u of o?

btw, sweet rides!
sfh325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 06:33 PM   #5
Clem
Alpha Male

My Ride: Twin Turbo'd Beast
Re: Any 1 know if you can get the part in yellow circle (see pic) for a 325i ?

Quote:
Originally posted by ardi
Do you have to buy the whole bumper or can you just buy the mesh grill separately? How much do they run for?

Can the grill be installed on a car that doesn't come with it?

Thanks for any input

Sorry for using your pic FTHM
BTW, I saw your car in person at HIN, looks awesome !
you can buy the lower grille separately. bumper needs to be removed for access.
Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:11 PM   #6
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

My Ride: Chikatetsu
sfh325i

I am in portland too. Where do you get your mods done? Do you do them yourself or what?
mcabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:54 PM   #7
Full Time Hit Man
Banned

My Ride: E46
Send a message via AIM to Full Time Hit Man
Ardi,

Is ok. Btw, I didn't buy that 330 grill. I just ask my bodyshop to paint it the same color as the 330 ones. Even my headlight trim is painted as well. They are not titan silver if you can tell from the pic. I don't know how much it will cost from dealer, if you have something to paint at a bodyshop, just ask them to paint it for you as well. They might charge you for free or very cheap.
Full Time Hit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 10:28 PM   #8
ardi

Eddie: those are breyton mirrors

sfh325i: thanks for the compliment... I'm having lots of fun modding the car And yes, me and my buddy with the black audi go to U of O.... are you in Eugene a lot?

FTHM: My car has different style lower grill cause I have a 325, I think . I'm still thinking to get those grill cause it looks way more aggressive than my horizontal slats grill
Old 04-23-2002, 10:27 AM   #9
sfh325i
should be sfh330Ci

ardi

not in eugene much anymore, graduated last may and moved back to p-town. just curious what you're majoring in at u of o? I got my degree in computer science.

mcabr- so far doing mods myself.. of course just clears and silvervisions for now. but I plan on getting a UUC TSE, hopefully soon and I have a friend who has a lift in his garage that will install it for me. he is a big WRX nut and has done all sorts of crazy stuff to his ride.

I dont think there are any good places in portland, cause plus one is the only one I know of and they suck.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:21 PM   #10
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

sfh\

QUOTE]I dont think there are any good places in portland, cause plus one is the only one I know of and they suck.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-23-2002, 12:22 PM   #11
mcabr
Just Marinatin'

sfh325i

That was an accident. I heard that plus one sucks too. The problem is that I live downtown and dont' have any place to do certain things. I want a UUC SSK but dont' have the facilities to install it. Rasmussen wants to sell me an ACS SSK and I dont' want to spend that kind of money for it. I was just wondering if you could help me out or hook me up with a place that I can get this stuff done. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2002, 12:40 PM   #12
WikkidSmart

Send a message via AIM to WikkidSmart
Another Eugene Fanatic, how come I never see you guys around?
Old 04-23-2002, 01:47 PM   #13
Mr.Stream

My Ride: '07 BMW Z4C 3,0SI
Send a message via AIM to Mr.Stream Send a message via MSN to Mr.Stream
Ardi: The mesh grill fits all OEM bumbers for E-46sedans. From 316 to 325. Here in Europe the grill is stock on 328 and 330. So it will fit fine. In Denmark it costs about 70$. It shouldnt be any more expensive in the States. I think its brobably cheaper.

Hellrot '07 BMW Z4 Coupe 3,0SI
Sparkling Graphite '06 BMW 318i Touring
Mr.Stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 05:31 PM   #14
ardi

sfh325i: I'm getting my degree in bus. admin. :smile:

I agree with you sfh325i, the quotes that I got from Plus One are very expensive, I wouldn't buy anything from them !! I think Plus One in Portland is the equivalent of CEC in Los Angeles in term of in terms of ripping people of.

wikkidsmart: what kind of e46 do you drive? and what mods if any? I wanna know if I've seen your car around town
Old 04-24-2002, 01:06 PM   #15
the_realist

My Ride: 01 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to the_realist
2001 Ti Silver 330ci

It's in the shop getting fixed right now, my girlfriend wrecked it after I had it for about a month ($12k damage). I should be getting it back here soon and it will have a m-technik front on it. light tint is the only other thing noticably different.

It sounds like there are a ton of fanatics in town here. Has there ever been an Eugene meet?

btw, this is wikkidsmart....
the_realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 01:51 PM   #16
vincentw
Ultimate Driving Machine

My Ride: 328Ci
Send a message via ICQ to vincentw Send a message via AIM to vincentw
eh di, itu keliatannya di cat aja...emang aslinya warna item...
vincentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 07:11 PM   #17
ardi

Quote:
Originally posted by the_realist
2001 Ti Silver 330ci

It's in the shop getting fixed right now, my girlfriend wrecked it after I had it for about a month ($12k damage). I should be getting it back here soon and it will have a m-technik front on it. light tint is the only other thing noticably different.

It sounds like there are a ton of fanatics in town here. Has there ever been an Eugene meet?

btw, this is wikkidsmart....
vincentw: gak bisa di cat doank cent. Gua punya grill beda, soalnya gua 325, grill di depan boil gua tuh horizontal .. heuehe.... but thanks anyway

the_realist: Is your car getting fixed at Autocraft? I dropped my car there for painting a while ago and saw a wrecked Ti silver 330ci, wondering if that was your car I also saw an M technik front bumper at the shop.

There are a couple of eugene fanatics here... here's a link to a picture that my friend posted. Just scroll down and you'll see a pic with four e46s in it. They're all in eugene.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:57 PM   #18
the_realist

My Ride: 01 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to the_realist
Yup, that was mine you saw. The accident was on Mar 12th, they've had the car longer than I have. Hopefully it will be done in the next week or so.

The link didn't show up, I knew there were a couple ppl in eugene here, but the only one I've even talked to was bg when I needed a recommendation for a shop to take it too.

I just bought a house last week, and am throwing house warming party next weekend, perhaps we could get together? Keg, Barbecue, Djs, bmws fits in this lineup pretty good....
the_realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 02:10 PM   #19
sfh325i
should be sfh330Ci

ardi, checked out your webpage. I recognize a lot of those cars! I lived over at ducks village. Need more shots with Autzen stadium in the background. good stuff man
Old 04-25-2002, 07:58 PM   #20
ardi

the realist: oopss here's the link: (Just scroll down at that page)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...3&pagenumber=2

my car is the last one on the right.

sfh325i: A good buddy of mine developed that website. He's a car nut . Could you give me your email, I'd like to ask you something.