E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-11 of 15 Results
  1. E46 General
    I just purchased another e46 recently and have just been doing some “normal” maintenance to get the car up to my standards. Went to replace the fuel filter today and when pulling it I realized the filter has been installed the entire life of the car. Pictures of Genuine Fuel Filter with...
  2. Europe
    I have a 2003 318i with a N42B20 141hp. I need to replace my DME. I verified the DME was causing my trouble, not wanting to read the crankshaft sensor. I tried a new DME, but upon further research I found out it needs to be programmed. Now my question. How? The VIN, ISN (Rolling Code), and...
  3. E46 General
    Just got my fault codes read at O-Reilly's for free (Dealership tried to charge me $210 for a scan when I got my airbag recall done today). Got a P0304 which I know is a misfire, but also got codes without a P: 10196, 10461, 10055, 10386. I can't seem to find these anywhere to do more research...
  4. Lighting
    Just want to give some insight on my retrofit/upgrade and give some pointers to everyone that have Stock AL/Bosch projectors and are interested in upgrading to a newer Projectors. All my guidelines and help came from Thebuildjournal & Grayson Terry .. THANK YOU! Purchased NHK G5-R Projector...
  5. Forced Induction
    What difference does it make if you go short vs extended nozzle injectors? Some people say that the extended nozzle injectors work better with these engines since they are closer to oem specs. Other people say that it makes no difference at all. Nobody so far had a full answer and there is no...
  6. DIY Guides
    Back story/ diagnosis - So a month ago my battery/charging system light went on in my 2000 328i. I just happened to have a spare voltage regulator from an old parts car, so I took the alternator and both voltage regulators to Autozone. Current alternator and voltage regulator - fail Current...
  7. DIY Guides
    Time to replace some O2 Sensors. Found these on Amazon. Super cheap at $52.96. Bosch 15738 (Universal fitment) (and right now there's a clickable coupon for 15% off) This specific model comes with a wiring kit that lets you wire up your old harness to the new wires. I guess that's why it's so...
  8. California
    Anyone know a place to get a Bosch A120 in Los, pronto? I really don't want to risk using an Autozone or Napa alt. Trying to get my car running asap. :pimpin:
  9. E46 General
    I wanted to pass this on to anyone who may want or need new O2 sensors for their e46. I noticed that Amazon is once again stocking the Bosch 15109 (BMW P/N 11-78-1-742-050) Pre-Cat O2 Sensor for $42. This O2 sensor will fit all Non M models - 323i/Ci, 328i/Ci, 325Xi, 330Xi. It will only fit...
  10. E46 General
    I am replacing my starter on a 2003 330i. Which is a better purchase, a Bosch or a Beck/Arnley remanufactured starter? Money is tight, and with a coupon code I should be able to get one of these for about $140 from Advance Auto. Thanks for your help!!!! Jason
  11. DIY Guides
    Tools/parts: - Floor jack and one jack stand - Philips screwdriver - Torx 25 bit - 8" extension - 3/8ths ratchet - 8mm socket or 8mm wrench - 9mm socket - 13mm socket - Fan clutch tools - OEM electric fan: 17117561757 - Expanding rivet: 17111712963 (for the expansion tank side to hold fan to...
1-11 of 15 Results