E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 150 Results
  1. E46 General
    I can't read the ALSZ module on my 2003 sedan. When I try to read ALSZ, I get an error. If I change light control module, I can read and code ALSZ. Who can help me?
  2. Europe
    Today, after leaving work I noticed that when I turn on my front window defogger it started blasting my face with heat and not at the window. When feeling the air coming into the window I noticed that there isnt much air coming from it. What could be the issue? e46 316ti 1.8 engine.
  3. E46 General
    My car reaches operating temp but when I turn on my heat I only get hot air from the top vents and footwell vents, the middle vents blow cold air. My defroster works as well and the stratification dial is set to red. Anybody got any idea on what to test or fix? Thanks in advanced.
  4. E46 General
    Hey guys, I got an 2004 E46 with the N46B20 engine. So last week my radiator got mixed up with the engine oil and my mechanics says it might be from the engine oil cooler, and when we go check the engine oil cooler it seems that the engine oil cant go through the hole because it got so much dirt...
  5. E46 General
    I’m new in the bmw community and I don’t know much about fixing them. The other day my 2004 325i started vibrating/shaking while idling and when accelerating/braking. I took it for a scan at AutoZone and these were the codes that came up. P0070 P0171 P0174 P0302 P0442 I’m on a budget and I don’t...
  6. Electronics
    Hello! I've had my E46 320CI (facelift) for a few weeks now, had to replace the coolant expansion tank and some other things, but it's working perfectly mechanically. I have a slight (but very, very annoying) problem though. The passenger side window goes down when opening the door, as it...
  7. E46 General
    Hi there, one day I was just cruising on the highway when suddenly my E46 323i lost all power and eventually turned off. When pulled over and trying to start again, it started right back up. Later that ride it happend again some times. Sometimes it started right back up and sometimes it took a...
  8. E46 General
    I have a 2003 325i and my sunroof is leaking through the passenger mirror light and down the front pillar. I have tried resetting it but it didn't help. What can I do? It also appears that the back of the sunroof is slightly lower and isn't flushed with the roof.
  9. E46 Convertible
    Hey all, even by doing it manually I still can't get it to open at all, was wondering if anyone could help
  10. E46 General
    Hey guys Hope y all doing fine! i have a bmw e46 330i , the car was running perfect until one day i was in the middle of the highway and i got , check engine , Eml light , traction control and stop light at the same time at my dashbord , the car lost the power and after i stop at the stop sign...
  11. E46 Convertible
    Hello, I have problem with my e46 m3 2002. I have searched for this problem since 2015 and still no luck. When operating the roof, there is no pressure. It will latch the roof but nothing more. If I push the button someone else can help the roof to go down manually. I can hear the engine...
  12. E46 General
    Hi, I've been having the following problem for a while that hopefully someone can help me with: when accelerating from 180 to ~230 km/h the car pops a cylinder. when I check the OBD scanner it is completely random which cylinder has the misfire, but after restarting everything is gone and I can...
  13. Europe
    Help mij!! Ik heb een E46 coupe 325i uit 2002 met een SMG bak. motor is uitgelezen maar geen storingen, zelf stellende koppeling is nagekeken en allemaal goed. geen lekkages, geen vacuum problemen, etc. bij koude motor werkt alles naar behoren. zodra de motor warm wordt gaat de auto stotteren...
  14. Europe
    Bought my first car 2 Weeks ago. It is a 318Ci with N42 engine. The problems started the first day. My current problem is that the car feels like it has 30 HP less then it should. It builds RPM, doesn't stutter, and has great gas response, but just doesn't go. It is my first N42 and I don't know...
  15. E46 General
    Greetings, I can't find anything on the Web about this problem so I thought it would be a good idea to open a discussion to hopefully help others eventually too. I've come across an issue I've never had before with setting the timing compenents, I begin the process by locking the cams at their...
  16. E46 General
    Hi, I just bought my first E46, And encountered 2 problems that i need help solving. Its a pre facelift coupe. 1. The right door is locked, and wont unlock no matter what, tried unlocking from distance, Tried unlocking manually by inserting the key into the door, and it still wont unlock. 2...
  17. E46 General
    So today I did my check up on my car usually checking the oil, coolant level, ect. But what I noticed today is two problems, I’ll start with the first. So a common issue it seems like I’ve noticed is the radiator outlet coolant temperature sensor leaking with these cars. I had an extra oem temp...
  18. Electronics
    Installed the Eonon GA9450D head unit in my 2001 330ci and once everything was plugged up and back in place including the AC Control Unit and once i turned the car on it had no power and I turned the headlights on and it went full blast. I've tried unplugging the head unit completely and leaving...
  19. E46 General
    Hey, so i recently replaced 2 of my rear window regulators. Whilst this was happening i had to disconnect the battery so the air bags didnt go off or have any faults. Upon connecting the battery up and starting the car my dash isnt working, all gauges are cooked and the only lights showing up...
  20. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    hey guys can someone tell me where I can get my ms45.1 tuned, I recently installed headers on my 330ci 2005 and its got the ms45.1 DME, I did not installed the post cat o2 sensors which is making the car run rich and makes the car throw black smoke out of the exaust, and I have seen that the...
1-20 of 150 Results