E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 20 Results
  1. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Any suggestions and recommendations from experience would be appreciated...Thanks
  2. Suspension, Brakes
    I'm a minimum wage making , college students that's broke as **** and needs coilovers for my 328ci 2000 . I need something cheap and something that won't break after a year of owning them . Any and all help is appreciated.
  3. E46 General
    Amazon has 6 coils for $70. Lifetime warranty.
  4. E46 General
    I have an 06 330cic ZHP with 113,000 miles on it. Don't know if this first part is relevant, but more info the better: Have a valve cover gasket leak, but it's not real bad. I have to add a little oil every now and then. Added a little -- a little -- too much oil the last time...was BARELY...
  5. E46 General
    Hi this is my first BMW so I'm new to this. I have a no start on my 99 328i. Wasn't getting spark. I moved the orange wire that grounds onto the valve cover and it started. Then it shut off again a little bit later and won't start back up. Any ideas?
  6. E46 General
    Completed the diy this morning (fairly simple for those who haven't done it). After putting everything back together, fired up the engine and it ran quite rough. Seemed to be missfiring. Turned the engine off, waited a few seconds, and turned it on again and it ran very smooth. It is normal for...
  7. DIY Guides
    Hello, I have a 2001 325Xi Touring with 217k on it. Runs well, no vanos issues, no tranny issues. I'm wondering if I should pre-emptively change the coils on this car? Is there any reason to do that? Do they have an expected life? If it makes sense to replace them, are the one performance...
  8. E46 General
    hey guys i recently bought a bmw with some parts missing and i think ive encounter my biggest problem yet, anyways any help is appreciated and thanks in advance so i had posted this thread a couple weeks ago when i first got it: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1000476 ive done my...
  9. Tires, Wheels
    Hey everyone, I'm kinda stumped on what tires and spacers if any would be needed. I have 323I and I'm trying to figure out what tire size to buy. I really have to figure this out more sooner than later because a friend of mine is going to install my wheels and coils while he has the time open...
  10. Suspension, Brakes
    I think it's time for some coils.. What i want to achieve is eliminate my wheel gap and play with the height.. i don't want to slam it.. (BMW E46 330Ci coupe) BUT.. my first concern is comfort.. Vogtland and AP (made by KW, cheaper series) coils are in my budget.. (ride height adjustable only)...
  11. E46 General
    Ok :read:, so i Keep getting the Magazine article from Bavauto and it always shows me these "High performance ignition coils" on sale. What are these? does any one have these and see any sort of a difference in a gain of power?:hmm:
  12. E46 General
    I will be replacing my rear spring coils this weekend, but I hear a hiss from my shocks when I hit a bump. Is this normal shock noise? Where is the jack point in the middle of the car (differential):facepalm:?
  13. E46 General
    I just purchased new rear spring coils for my 2003 325 I. I am planning to re-paint them with a few coats of rust-oleum paint to stop any rust that may form. My old springs broke after rust penetrated the paint. Any thoughts or ideas? :facepalm:
  14. E46 General
    I'm on the market for some new ignition coils and saw these on ebay for pretty cheap so i was wondering if they were an ygood. Anyone purchased these before? Thank you for any info fellow fanatics...
  15. E46 General
    Already tried the search function, this problem seems to be slightly different than what most people have. 2001 330xi w/ 96k The issue is that on a cold start (35F the other day) the car will shudder while driving until the engine heats up (cruisin at about 30 mph in 3rd gear at 2000rpm...
  16. E46 General
    Hi Guys, this is my first post so here goes... the car is a 2001 330 ci sport convertible with 46K miles on the clock When my e46 2001 330 conv sport is cold it starts up and drives perfect. Problem is, when the car has warmed up and I turn it off, it has a problem starting up again and only...
  17. E46 M3
    This is going to be slightly long so please bear with me and read through it. My car is a 2002 M3 Vert So I had been having trouble with my car jerking and stalling while running. It would drive perfectly for 5 mins and then start jerking violently and then suddenly start running smooth for...
  18. E46 General
    Allright, I've read through a whole lot of threads to try and figure out what's going on with my 325. It's actually pretty sad to read how many similar problems we all have, can you imaginge how much money the dealer's are making on the many thousands of people who blindly take them in for...
  19. E46 General
    I have researched out my :banghead: Read some excellent articles/guidelines from JPR and others. My priorities are: Handling Lowered a bit Comfort at least same as stock sport package on my 330CI/step I plan on going back into autocrossing soon. (I know these items will put me in different...
1-19 of 20 Results