E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 43 Results
  1. Tires, Wheels
    Will a 265 or 275 /55/18 tire paired with a 18x10 rim fit in a 325i in the rear? If not what is the next biggest sized tire recommended?
  2. Tires, Wheels
    I got a set of one piece style 5 rims for a pretty good deal and they are in great condition but I'm struggling to figure out if I'm going to get them to fit at all. The rims are 16 x 7.5. I'm not 100% sure of the offset, but from what I could find online they are +20. The tires they came with...
  3. Tires, Wheels
    I have a e46 325i sedan. My current setup right now for wheels is 18x8.5 Et 32 wrapped with 245/40. But somehow the tire sidewall in the rear is rubbing on fenders. What should i do? 1. Change tires to 225/40/R18? 2. Change wheels back to stock 16", if yes should i go with 205/55? I really...
  4. Tires, Wheels
    whats good everyone? Got a quick quick question, so ive got a set of m par all fronts so 18'' 8J ET13 all round. What will be the best tyre fitment i should go with? Not looking to lower the car any time soon so want something that'll look good stock. It is an msport wagon. I have seen some...
  5. E46 General
    Hello all, completely new in here, and I'm very new to any European cars, usually just Japanese. As the title suggest, I would like to increase the tire wall. This is so that I can increase the ground clearance a bit, since in here, roads aren't in good condition, so a higher height would be...
  6. Tires, Wheels
    I need to buy a set of winter wheel for 98 sedan but have no clue on which rims will fit. I’ve found a set 245/35/19 rear and 235/35/19 front et 20 I’m just worried if these will rub
  7. E46 General
    So recently I was driving and noticed a loud thumping kinda noise in the right rear wheel, happens when I step on the gas. Bad wheel bearing or tires? It’s only when I step on the gas, it’s normal when I go below 30mph
  8. E46 General
    Maxxis has a tire set for 180 shipped Sumitomo’s last a decade and they’re 280 Thought about 215s, 205s, but I find value in the door placard so I’m going with 195/65/15s. I’ve got the little style 53s that came with the the original sale. I think maxxis is kind of a funny thing to have on the...
  9. E46 General
    Hey Guys I know there are a lot of threads about rubbing in the rear arch. But i cant seem to find an answer. I own a E46 323ci Convertible nearly 200.000 km on clock, but no issues with it, and it has been taken good care of by me and previous owner. My rear wheels are rubbing... The tires...
  10. E46 General
    Hello all, I recently purchased these style 37s as a staggered set up. That being 18x8j et 20 and 18x9j et 24 I had some tires mounted with the specs being 225/40/18 up front and 245/40/18 rear. I am now wanting to downgrade sizes and plan on buying new front tires that would be 215/35/18 and...
  11. E46 General
    my friend got a E46 M3 2003. Just checked tire pressure. it has 36 PSI of air. tire inflation pressure label on the driver's door pillar says 32 PSI in Front and Rear. The Manual said: Tire inflation pressure values up to 100 mph/160 km/h are 31 PSI in Front and Rear. Tire inflation pressure...
  12. Tires, Wheels
    When it comes time to buy new shoes for your e46, how do you choose? As many of you will already know: Choice is subjective, personal. Not objective or in any way scientifically measured. It is likely never true that a tyre and size on someone else's car means it will perform the same way...
  13. Tires, Wheels
    Hey everyone, So I currently run two sets of tires on my 05 M3. Great set of P4S in the summer..but what I'm currently using for my winter tires is not great. It's good all seasons in the back and older summer tires in the front. My intuition is that this is probably not the best idea, but...
  14. E46 General
    Hello, first time here :D I have an E46 Coupe with sport suspension. Last week I've changed my wheels. I've moved from 225/40/R18 front, 235/40/R18 back. The R18 wheels are 8J ET40 all 4, and I've got the R17 E90 wheels Style 159 (8J ET34). The new wheels have 225/50/R17 tires on them and if I...
  15. Tires, Wheels
    For the last few thousand miles I have had some mild vibration at speed (slightly worse in curves). I believe the culprit was the right front wheel/ tire. I was concerned it could be an axle issue so i started to trouble shoot. Last night I rotated my tires (criss-cross X pattern for AWD) and...
  16. Tires, Wheels
    Hello, I have a 1999 E46 328i RWD with the stock wheels with 205/55/R16 tires. I am new to all the "tire talk" (bolt pattern, offset, etc). Can I go to 17'' or 18'' wheels? Can I go to a wider tire? I am not looking to modify any body panels, any steering components, or any suspension components.
  17. Tires, Wheels
    I am considering buying vmr vb3's for my e46 which would be 18x8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back. Since wheel has a bigger diameter what size tire would I need to get in order to not throw off the speedometer or is there a way to correct the speedometer to the new size? I heard somewhere that...
  18. E46 General
    Today I was walking towards my car from the back and I noticed how thin my tires are :facepalm: ... and I am planning on getting a new set because they're almost done... What's the widest I can go in the back with 17" rims and 18" rims? I'm currently running 225 with 17's
  19. Suspension, Brakes
    I got new tires and did an all wheel alignment. Sadly the back tires lasted about 10 days and I have no idea whats wrong with them. Could it be that they butchered the alignment? And if so would they give me new tires? EDIT!!___ Ok guys so I got the tires april 3rd! I found the invoice for my...
  20. Tires, Wheels
    Hello, I am new in the stretching world and BMW lowering world. I am waiting to put my coils on because of figuring out the right tire size, and what spacer I will need if any. I am looking to go with a stretched tire, and will be rolling my fenders as well. I have 18 inch ASA AR1 wheels. The...
1-20 of 43 Results