E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 141 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hey guys, I just wanted to make a quick post in regarding the m56 sulev fuel system. Currently I own an m56 e46 with knock on wood no issues and has been great to me. Fuel system and fuel pump still works properly but I was just looking into the future on what to do when the fuel pump does...
  2. E46 General
    Hey Everyone, Car : 2005 BMW 325i MS45.1 Code: 2783 hot film air mass sensor (2) signal or value below threshold (15) test conditions fufilled (35) error currently present, OBD debounced. Looking for some insight as I have tried tracing this down. I tried everything before going out to purchase...
  3. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hey guys so basically the title says the basic run down. I’ve managed to get my hands on a t56 gearbox for relatively cheap it comes with the harness and all that sort of stuff. I turned down on the drive shaft as I knew it would be too long. But in wondering if I’m able to cut the connectors...
  4. E46 General
    Hi all, I have a 2003 325i e46 M54. I heard the normal operating coolant temp should be 94-96C but when I drive on highway at 65 mph most of the time it stays at 90C (194F) exactly and sometimes even dips to 89C (192F). Is this normal? Just recently done a coolant flush with Valvoline Zerex G48...
  5. E46 General
    I'm seeking advice on this code on my 2001 330ci. P0491: Secondary Air Injection System: Bank 1 Interestingly, I'm not getting the P0492 code for Bank 2, which has left me a bit puzzled. I replaced the secondary air non-return valve. The pump sounded okay when doing a cold start, and there is no...
  6. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I was wondering if anyone has done an ITB setup on an M54B25 or B30. I’m highly interested in a proper one and the power output. Please let me know what setup your running or send some pictures, thanks!
  7. E46 General
    Owned the car since new. Sits in the garage in Canada until the sun comes out. 216,000 km (~130,000 miles) Rough idle and engine light. Drives fine, but that's because I assume the ECU is compensating with the lambda sensors and a table (open loop?). Anyone have off-idle numbers? 1500rpm no...
  8. E46 General
    I’m driving going to work, where the coolant splashed into my windshield. i thought it was some kind of random water. Suddenly my temp gauge went all the way up. So I pulled over and I thought it was the serpentine belt went bad. But when I I checked it, on the lower rubber hose came off on the...
  9. Forced Induction
    Hi there, I have my hands on a pretty mint condition 2003 325i with the M54B25 and 5HP-19 transmission. It sat in my parents garage since 2017 and I just recently got it running again. I checked the heads as well and they look like brand new. The only thing for me is wanting a little more power...
  10. E46 General
    Hey this is my first time posting I recently bought an E46 325Ci coupe with the M54 engine. After driving it with no problem for about 2 weeks the check engine light turned on. I went to AutoZone to use their free OBD2 scanner and they told me I got a P0174 code and that I need to buy a new MaF...
  11. E46 General
    I just drove a little bit and car suddenly died, heard like it was choking. i dont have any error codes so what could this be? Its ok when i give 15% throttle, but everything after that it dies. thx for help
  12. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I own an E46 coupè (M54B22), today while doing the oil pan gasket job I've noticed that the oil pump chain seems a little bit slack. How much slack is acceptable, is there a way to measure it? This is the link to a video I've just made on my oil pump...
  13. E46 General
    Hey everyone, I have an M54 2.2 I like my car alot and since i bought it I thought throttle response was as it was supposed to be but today I was repairing a friend's car and his same model car felt so much better giving little gas pushes, it goes up to rpm a lot quicker and feels responsive, I...
  14. E46 General
    Hi Dears, I Have a E46 320i M54B22 engine and need some advice o help about the fault code 41 Intake CPS. - I only replaced the sensor with a brand new (Hella) but the code is permanent. Also, the Check Light is off and the timing is fine. -poor MPG and aceleration, until i reached 3000 rpms...
  15. Other BMW Models
    Hello guys I drive M54B30 E60 and I have been chasing random cylinder misfire on startup. Doesn’t matter if the start is cold or warm the car shakes for 30 seconds then settles. On top of that there has been a intermittent drop in rpm at idle. Which is currently better after the intake boot...
  16. E46 General
    Howdy, Picked up an engine from some kid and he dropped it because he didnt have his hoists leg pin in, long story short engine fell from about 2.5ft in the air and the trans ear was broken off, after examination I have determined that it had been broken off before and was JB weld repaired in...
  17. E46 General
    Hello all, While replacing my oil pan gasket, I decided to check my rod bearings. After pulling a few, I came to the conclusion that they needed replacement. Crankshaft appears to be ok. I grabbed some plastigauge and used it in between my bottom bearings and crankshaft. After torqueing them...
  18. E46 General
    I just replaced my starter motor on 330ci CS, I have connected everything up apart from one plug that I do not remember where it goes. I am trying to get a labeled diagram of the harness up try to find out where it goes, I think it is just a spare connector as inside the plugs, it looks to be...
  19. E46 General
    So i recently made a post about how the eml, abs, dsc, and brake light turn on randomly. I tried to start my car today and it took two cranks to start. I checked all the codes with carly adapter and the major ones i got were misfires in 1,5,3,2,4, lambada control limit bank 1 and 2, lambada...
  20. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone! I have finally decided to formally join the club. I have been a longtime reader of the forums starting 7 years ago with my first car; my 2002 BMW 325i M54. I learned that these really amazing machines will make you fall in love with automotives. Thanks to the support of this...
1-20 of 141 Results