E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 62 Results
  1. Car Care
    I Had a random thought of swapping the non m expansion tank for a E46 M3 expansion tank on my 330ci, I tried looking into it but couldn't find anything about anyone attempting it, if so is it possible? Just a random thought
  2. E46 General
    Hi all, I recently just done a coolant flush, but I found there's a weird situation that my coolant light would be on only when I drive on highway, and off when I drive off. No coolant light when I drive in city/below 60 mph. I'm positive that I bled the cooling system correctly, according to...
  3. E46 General
    Hello guys this is my first post in the forum, have been using the e46 fantastic forum a long checking all sorts of information but this is the time that I feel a bit helpless at the moment with my FAULTY Coolant Light. Essentially I had a complete cooling system overhaul, from ET & level...
  4. E46 General
    Hi there, first post. I just checked the coolant in my 2002 330i for the first time in a long time. It seems to be low/empty. I haven't had any cooling lights on the dash or any overheating problems. Any suggestions? Am I good to pour in new coolant?
  5. E46 General
    I have replaced my expansion tank 3 times I believe. They are always okay for a while, however the Rein brand seems to be an underlying issue. The brand is terrible. I've warrantied out for these previously and always have the same problem. What tank will hold up?? I drive for fun on the...
  6. E46 General
    Has anyone with a non-M E46 considered relocating the coolant expansion tank to a location similar to how it's set up on a Z3 as well as converting to the Z3 or M3 type expansion tank on a non-M E46 ? I know there may have to be some re-routing on the coolant hoses as well as changing the upper...
  7. DIY Videos
    Here's how to quickly replace your coolant expansion tank. This is from a longer video I made on refreshing the entire cooling system.
  8. E46 General
    Hi all this is my first post so sorry if I'm missing something, but to cut to the chase I have a 2002 325Ci automatic and yesterday the expansion tank failed on me with a very clear split down the side and dumped all its coolant. Luckily I was in town and quickly shut it off before it could...
  9. E46 General
    Hi there, First of all I just wanted to thank everyone who participates on these forums - without you guys owning an E46 would be an extremely expensive endeavour. So last night I was driving on the highway at 110 kmh (65mph) and I looked down at my gauge cluster to see the temperature needle...
  10. E46 General
    I got a duralast radiator from auto zone and there's a piece of plastic in the bottom radiator hole that the expansion tank plugs into, I'm not able to secure the tank to the radiator all the way. What do I do? I have a 2000 328ci auto.
  11. E46 General
    Just changed the cooling system out on my E46 and it started to steam. Anyone know what it is? Wasn’t doing this before. It also leaks from the bottom of expansion tank for some reason. New plastic pieces I have so no cracks. It doesn’t leak or steam when it is on its way to operating temp...
  12. E46 General
    Made a post about this already. However, the leak is fixed now with the new expansion tank, but it is still steaming when it gets up to operating temp. Did a coolant bleed and bled the system with distilled water. Anyone know what it is? It’s coming from the cap. (See pictures below).
  13. E46 General
    A few years ago Bali posted quite useful Expansion tank cut-away photos showing how, expansion tank reed switch, dip stick etc. work together in the tank. He did that 'cause a fanatic was trying to understand why he had no water leakage, but when driving the Tank light would randomly(seemingly)...
  14. E46 General
    Recently changed my coolant return hose and ET as I've had two Rein hoses fail within a short amount of time. Long story short, I buttoned everything up and the car drove fine. A couple weeks ago, I discovered a puddle underneath my car. It's coming from the smaller port on the ET. I'm sure it's...
  15. E46 General
    I have been a long-time reader of this forum for a good while, outstanding information! I know there are a billion posts about cooling issues however despite hours and hours of reading I have yet to be able to solve my issue. So I am going to do my absolute best to describe my issue and see if...
  16. E46 General
    I’m planning to replace my expansion tank ,I’ve heard that when you replace the expansion you have to replace the thermostat at the bottom also because it breaks, Is there a way so that it won’t break or is it inevitable?
  17. E46 General
    my parents are convinced that me using manual mode in my 320i touring caused the expansion tank to explode. it's already had an expansion tank replacement from the previous owner so this is at least the cars third expansion tank. is it possible that my use of manual mode blew up the cooling...
  18. E46 General
    The other day my expansion tank started leaking so I ordered a new one right away. WHen I pulled it out today I found out that it was cracked because one of my belts ate through it. The whole driver side of the radiator was a little loose so thats how it moved down a bit and caused the expansion...
  19. E46 General
    Hello, I have a 2000 316i that has a coolant leak from the top of the expansion tank. It was replaced a while ago and ran fine for a while. Now I have the same leak as before. It only leaks after I shut the car off and let it sit overnight. However it sometimes leaks enough to trip the coolant...
  20. E46 General
    Afternoon guys, I’m already aware of a coolant leak on my 320ci Cabrio - I don’t know where it is but I know it’s there. However my coolant light is staying in after about 3 minutes on every drive. My engine temp doesn’t move from the 12 o clock mark at all either. After checking my coolant...
1-20 of 62 Results