E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 60 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hello, what option do i have to retrofit the steering wheel? can i mount a more modern steering wheel? my steering wheel is withouth any control, can i upgrade the steering wheel with an e46 steering wheel with the controls?
  2. E46 General
    After searching for about two weeks for an answer I have about given up. I recently replaced my turn signal stalk, and since then my steering wheel buttons are no longer working. I was extra careful with the clock spring (Taped to not move it), and I have triple checked to see if everything is...
  3. E46 General
    Hey everyone! In the last 3 weeks I replaced these worn parts on my facelift coupe front axle. Tie rods (inner and outer) sway bar with end links guibo purple tag steering rack Now I have a little play on steering wheel in the center, about 1.5 inches for each side. It is not solid as it was...
  4. E46 General
    I have a e46 2003 320d and a prior and acuring problem is that the angle sensor went bad, today i did the steering wheel retro fit, i understand why the cruise control doesnt work. But nor do the volume buttons, and the steering wheel buttons arent lighting up. Any help would be apreciated.
  5. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I have been searching various forums for a while and I can't seem to find a solution to my dilemma. I have a 328i sedan (03/2000 euro spec) production date with the base four spoke steering wheel with no buttons. I recently bought an M sport steering wheel with buttons and I ran...
  6. 3229270A-8078-4B1B-8633-F225A7545050.jpeg

E53 M sport steering wheel upgrade for my e46
  7. Other BMW Models
    Hello, after doing quite a bit of digging, sleepless nights and teary eyes I decided to make a new thread. The E36 came with no steering wheel, so this is all I got to work with to make road legal in Cali. I have a 1995 (obd-1) 325is and want to throw a E46 M steering wheel on there. I have the...
  8. E46 General
    I bought a e39 Multifunction steering wheel for my 2003 e46 sedan. It’s a 4 spoke steering wheel (the non-sport one) I thought to myself, couldn’t I just replace my e46 airbag with the e39 multifunction airbag? This would save a lot of work. thanks for the answers already!
  9. E46 General
    I bought a E46 316i and it has the airbag light on, also horn and buttons on the steering wheel don't work (but only on the cruise control buttons, the radio buttons work). When I press the horn I can hear the relay clicking and I have checked the fuses. Horn is connected behind the bumper so I...
  10. E46 General
    Hi guys, I was talking with a buddy about amazon/ebay steering wheel wrap kits and he said they don't last and become loose and deteriorate due to poor materials. Is this true? For the people whom wrapping their steering wheel how is it holding up? Do you leave your car parked outside in the...
  11. E46 General
    Does anyone have a method for cleaning an alcantara? Preferably without having to buy any chemicals or tools. Home remedy would be great. My E46 has 100k miles and never properly cleaned it. It is very matted down and doesn't feel good. Thanks
  12. E46 General
    Hi everyone! I have recently stitch a wrap on my steering wheel. I wonder to know about a coating of seams to protect them from breaking. Any ideas? P.S. i have attached my steering wheel if anyone is interested
  13. Europe
    I have a 316Ti (E46 Compact) from 2004 and i wanted to know if it’s possible to tell if you have a stage 1 or 2 airbag without removing the steering wheel? Your help is very appreciated!
  14. E46 General
    If you’re steering wheel is tearing like 80% of e46s, if you hate steering wheel covers that end up making your steering wheel 3 inches thicker I got the best “mod” for you. 40$ and about 4 hours of work...
  15. Motorsports, Track
    Hello everyone I'm currently in the process of building a track car 330i. I got a full roll cage and a 5 point harness installed already and I was about to install a quick release steering wheel short hub but found that it doesn't fit at all. Before I start taking everything apart I just wanted...
  16. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey, I just attached my aftermarket boss, tightened it to spec and realized that it wasn't aligned and that I want to remove the stock cable. When I try pulling it off it isn't budging at all, it's really stuck on there. I've read that some people used the steering wheel as leverage but I'm too...
  17. Europe
    I’m supposed to put this onto this: I have a 2001 BMW E46 318i and i had the old ugly ass h steering wheel and i decided to buy something better so i found e36 m wheel for some cheap money and seller told me it would fit but my airbag maybe won’t work so i googled a little bit and most of the...
  18. E46 General
    I have a ‘99 328i with the single stage airbag will the e39 m sport steering wheel fit plug and play? I don’t really care about the multifunction buttons since I have an aftermarket radio
  19. Motorsports, Track
    Hi guys, Here with a modding question, the M3 steering wheel swap/paddle shift retrofit is quite a common and awesome mod for the E46 non M cars. Easy done too. However, I was wondering if its possible to get the steptronic to work with a universal paddle shifter attached to an aftermarket...
  20. E46 General
    Today I installed an after market steering wheel in my BMW. When taking off the factory wheel, I accidentally unwinded the clock string cables. I tried my best to rewind them but that doesn’t really work. Can I just cut it out? Will It throw codes or mess anything else up? I’m guessing they are...
1-20 of 60 Results