E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 18 Results
  1. Suspension, Brakes
    I have read a lot of mixed reviews on several BMW forums regarding Monroe shocks. So I wanted to put out my own experience with it. To be specific, the review is of Monroe Original Line of shocks, there are several lines with OE-Spectrum and Reflex being the better choice. Reason I replaced my...
  2. Suspension, Brakes
    Background Let me start by telling you about who I am and what I do. I am a NASA and BMWCCA instructor and a TT competitor. I ran TT5 in 2020 and won the 2020 NASA Utah TT5 state championship and set 3 track records (UM East, West and Full). Why does it matter for this review? As an instructor...
  3. E46 General
    Introduction: The ECS Tuning Billet Aluminium Oil Filter Cover is a simple replacement to the stock oil filter cap. While in most cases, there is no reason to replace it other than for aesthetic reasons, there have been some instances where the cap has actually broken due to improper torque, or...
  4. E46 General
    http://jalopnik.com/richard-hammond-explains-why-the-e46-bmw-3-series-is-pe-510346347 I am guessing that many, if not most, of my fellow forum members have seen this. But just in case, here is a post from Jalopnik in which Mr. Hammond extoles the virtues of the E46 for all.
  5. E46 General
    Hi everyone, New to this site , but not new to working on BMs/cars in general... I currenlty drive around a 2001 325 CI pretty stock other than a set of driller rotors , factory sport supension, 18'' wheels on Yokohama S track 235s in the front 245s in the rear. Anyways My shocks and...
  6. E46 General
    I installed my new ECSTuning carbon fiber strut brace and I am very pleased with the quality, fit, and finish. As you can see, I chose to re-use the existing OE hardware just for looks although I am confident in the ECSTuning supplied hardware would work just as well with their nylon lock nuts...
  7. Suspension, Brakes
    Purpose: I purchased RTAB Limiters from Swift Motorworks a few months ago (before they were a forum sponsor). For those who don't know what RTAB limiters do, they limit the amount of torsion placed on the RTABs. The RTABs on the e46 and many other BMWs are known to wear quickly because they have...
  8. E46 General
    Hi guys, This is m first post :s I currently have a e30 318i but its time to part from it and ive only had it for 6 months. So im looking at buying my first car that i plan on having for a while ( a 320Ci MY2001) Now im wondering are they any good, yes i know they dont have incredible amounts...
  9. Electronics
    Well I have finally completed my Iphone integration. I have an Iphone 4 (iOS 5), Brodit pass through holder & a Dice Mediabridge MB1500. Thought I would post a quick review for those of you who are thinking about buying a Mediabridge unit. Here are some pics of my finished install: INSTALL...
  10. E46 General
    So I hopped in a drove a bit after installing the intake, looking for the promised throttle response and that fabled sound everyone mentions about CAI's. After a few minutes and only hearing a little whistle I was getting kinda disappointed, not to mention annoyed at the slow-ass car in front...
  11. E46 M3
    Hey guys, If you are considering buying a Top Speed Race muffler, please read my long-winded experience/review. I bought a Top Speed muffler a few months ago through Ebay. It had very few reviews, but it was so cheap that I figured it was worth a shot. I paid a couple hundred bucks for it and...
  12. E46 General
    I have decided between ddm tuning or umnitza to buy my bumpers. I was wondering what reviews people have on these two companies. I would prefer umnitza because the shipping is much less. And I live near buy so I may try and do a will call. I was just wondering how fitment is for each of these...
  13. Lighting
    Hey everyone :hi:, I got a review for you. Been really busy so I never got the time to post the review until now. As many of you know, I had F1 Autohaus ones in my car. But me being a "lighting freak," I just gotta buy stuff and try them out. This kit from Euro-Division came out awhile back and...
  14. Suspension, Brakes
    Yes, I bought the $258 coilovers from ebay. Flame if you want, I know a few people on here that already will. I will try and give the best review I can for everyone here. Previous Set-Up: My previous suspension was h&r sports with no spring pads on stock shocks. Since my car was pretty low...
  15. Suspension, Brakes
    I am ready to pop for coil overs. I am tired of the gap up front and I want to set the ride height the way I want it. I'm looking for a ride that is not harsh so I am opting for damper adjustment. The main point is ride quality, nothing that will be harsh. I will not be tracking this car. It's...
  16. Tires, Wheels
    Before buying some new tires I tried searching on e46fans for any e46 guys reviews on Federal 595 tires, I didn't really find anything too relevant with a good review, so I made this thread to give a review to the best of my abilities. The reasons why i bought the 595s are because I've heard...
1-16 of 18 Results