E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 68 Results
  1. Electronics
    Hi all, I'll make it quick - '04 (facelift) 330Ci UK spec, no amplifier (base audio), the car audio is dominated by the left hand speakers. I replaced the base head unit (7" OEM screen) with an XTRONS IQ7246B to eliminate the radio being the issue. Before this upgrade, the right hand speakers...
  2. Electronics
    Does anyone know what sort of speakers and amplifier the stock E46 compact stereo (not hifi, not HK) uses? I'm having trouble finding any info specifically about the compact, because so far looking at repair manuals none of the info that's shared with the sedan/wagon or even coupe is matching...
  3. Electronics
    I have an e46 sedan with HK audio. The rear deck speakers and the driver side door tweeters are rattling and sound pretty bad. I want to upgrade my sound system for cheap. The previous owner installed an Alpine head unit/radio, I'm not sure the specific spec. I was thinking about upgrading only...
  4. E46 General
    Hi, I have a very annoying problem with my E46 320CD from 2005. Sometimes, all the speakers start making a very loud crackling noise. When it happens it won't go away unless the car is shut off. When it occurs you are screwed for the entire trip because there is no way to get rid of it unless...
  5. Electronics
    I recently bought a nice 330xi but one problem I had is that the speakers inside are obviously ancient and most of them sound like they are torn, so I was wondering what is the best bang for your buck complete systems out there. I would like more bass but as long as they are better than stock I...
  6. E46 General
    Hi I’ve just bought a e46 325ci msport convertible and I was a bit disappointed with the lack of bass and depth to the sound system any recommendations I’ve heard ‘rainbows’ being thrown around but I can’t find any for sale anywhere Thanks🤙
  7. Electronics
    I have a 2002 330 sedan that came with the Harmon Karden sound system. Right after I purchased it four years ago I ripped out almost all of the audio electronics and replaced them with an Android-based head unit that I've been pretty happy with. There's nothing obviously wrong with the...
  8. Electronics
    Hello everyone, I had bought a 2002 330i about 8 months ago and never had a radio in it. I always thought of doing a full sound system since the first day I got it so I bought myself a little Christmas present and got some Focal RSE-165 Speakers for the front and the same for the rear deck. As I...
  9. Electronics
    Hi All, I have a 2005 E46 330Ci with the stock Business CD head unit, no Harmon Kardon, and this situation in the boot: Looks to me like there is no amplifier here. The audio quality is horrific; zero bass, easily distorted and very tinny. I think there are four speakers in total; two in the...
  10. E46 Touring
    Hello. I need little help. yesterday i bought new radio for my car. But i found out that my car doesn’t have right antenna wire to my car. And whenever i try to listen music, all speakers kicks over. Like speakers are broken. But they aren’t, on low volume is everything okay. So guys id like to...
  11. Electronics
    I have the harmon Kardon sound system in my 325xi. The guy who had it before me, blew all the speakers and the amp is also blown. Did this come with a sub? I don't think so. So I've replaced 2 speakers already and that helped. My question is should just replace the factory amp and buy a sub? Or...
  12. E46 General
    Hey so I have a 2003 325i and all my front speakers work but for some reason the back ones don’t. Do you have any suggestions on what this could be? I’ve read some places that the factory amp could be blown but I haven’t had the chance to look at it.
  13. Electronics
    Please delete. Duplicate thread
  14. Electronics
    Seriously mulling this over. It's really not crazy expensive for the tourings, especially since you don't get the rear bass drivers. (Not included in this kit.) Just that the sound in my 2002 E46 Touring is absolute catbarf. It's muddy and dull and I can barely have the stereo on. I'm fine...
  15. E46 General
    Hey guys, Recently put a new head unit in my car. an 00 328ci. pretty much all original speakers are blown and sounds bad when the music is somewhat loud. anyways I see so many options online for speakers and was wondering if anybody recommends anything, also does anybody know the exact sizes...
  16. Electronics
    Hey guys, Recently put a new head unit in my car. an 00 328ci. pretty much all original speakers are blown and sounds bad when the music is somewhat loud. anyways I see so many options online for speakers and was wondering if anybody recommends anything, also does anybody know the exact sizes...
  17. E46 General
    About a month ago my speakers suddenly got really muffled and distant sounding, and I realized that all the tweeters had stopped working. I have the non-HK sound system. I also noticed that whenever I open/move the front drivers side door, there is a crackling noise coming from all the tweeters...
  18. Electronics
    Awhile back my factory HU volume knob quit working and the factory speakers were blown anyway so I installed a Pioneer MVH-290BT HU and replaced all of my blown stock speakers with some 4 ohm units. I understand that to get it all to sound somewhat good I need to bypass the stock amplifier and...
  19. E46 General
    hello, it recently rained for the first time and I found a small spot of water on the drivers side front carpet. In the following days all my windows fogged up very easily and there were even drops of condensation on some of them. I'm planning on checking the vapor barriers as I suspect this may...
1-20 of 68 Results