E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-8 of 8 Results
  1. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    After doing my b30 and 6 speed swap I developed a major hum/vibration from the rear of the car. It is most noticeable when decelerating in or out of gear (no difference in sound). I have a new CSB and guibo on the install. New transmission mounts. I had to remove the bracket under the...
  2. Suspension, Brakes
    I found old threads about fixing the rear end clunk and ive done everything short of replacing the front rear diff bushings. I replaced the subframe bushings, rear diff carrier bushing and rtabs to aluminum (with monoball for rtabs) and m3 mounts for engine and trans; it helped a bit but its...
  3. E46 General
    Hello! I have a 2005 325i 5 speed, and I've been trying to diagnose the clunk in my car for over a year now, in my efforts I've replaced the following: Giubo Driveshaft Center bearing Transmission and Differential fluid Differential bushings -> Poly Rear subframe bushings -> Poly subframe...
  4. E46 General
    Help i have a 01 325i auto with 52xxx miles on it. I was going on a trip and i got about 50 miles out of town and i felt a vibration like i was hitting the rumble strips on the side of the road so i puller over and found out that i blew my rear pinion seal. After buying a new rear end and...
  5. E46 General
    I get a vibration in the rear when speeding up. It is when the car reaches 15 to 20 mph only. If you stop accelerating the vibration stops and after 20 isn it also goes away. I replaced and balanced both rear tires thinking that was the problem and that didn't fix it. Any ideas what else it...
  6. Suspension, Brakes
    I won't bore you all with the details but get right to the facts and pics! :) Long story short I picked up my 01' 330ci in great condition minus a few problems. 1 being the rear end. Being from Ohio, the car has a rusted out carrier, axles, and the bushings were shot. It was worth my time and...
  7. E46 General
    so i was driving the other day and when i accelerated from a dead stop while turning i got this weird vibration and vibration sound coming from the back of the car. I though it might of been a strut since i knew mine were almost shot so i had new ones put on and the sound was still there. the...
  8. E46 M3
    When i am just putting around town my rear end makes a clunk sound when shifting, but while under hard acceleration it feels solid and i dont hear any noise. Is this normal?
1-8 of 8 Results