E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 70 Results
  1. E46 General
    Got my car back from the shop, and now my trunk will not open. It opens with the key and key remote. But the button on the trunk does not work. If I check the wire on the other end of the button with a multimeter there is connection when i press the button. My glovebox is also unlocked. I don’t...
  2. E46 Convertible
    Was hoping to get some advice since I have multiple issues with electrical components in my 2001 330ci convertible The passenger door does not open with my key fob remote Temperature is always displaying -40° even after replacing ambient temp sensor and making sure no wires were damaged Both...
  3. E46 General
    So I finally got all of the separate pieces I needed to mount the OEM warning triangle on the left side of my trunk (04 330Ci), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the backet (P/N 51478265682) to stay in the hole. It looks like the bracket has the push-type fastener found in...
  4. E46 Convertible
    Hi, I am so desperate here. I only have the valet key to my 2000 bmw 323ci, so I cannot open the trunk that way. The battery is dead, and WILL NOT JUMP. I need to get to the trunk so I can replace the battery. Can someone please help? I know it should be possible, because when I had my airbag...
  5. E46 General
    Bought a used 2003 325i sedan recently. The only way to open the trunk is manually by inserting the key. Neither the trunk realse button near the footwell nor the fob button unlock the trunk. Troubleshooting completed so far: 1. Made sure the car was not in valet mode. 2. Checked...
  6. E46 General
    Hey everyone I own a 2004 320 sedan,I have been using the car without any electrical issues for a year, today wanted to check back suspension strut towers, and I realized old owner have done something with the cables, I tried to track it myself but as far as i can see i couldn't find the end of...
  7. E46 M3
    I read through a bunch of old threads and all the links are dead. I figured info has changed in the past couple decades so I'm starting a new thread :) ❌ I'm not interested in buying OEM at 2900. This is crazy talk. ⚠ I have some concerns about fitment for the ECS Carbon Fiber trunks $522. I...
  8. E46 General
    I was looking for wings and I found one that I really like the look of. They say that it is made for sedans and I have a coupe. I was wondering if the shape of the trunk lid was the same, I know its not as long but I wonder if it'll still mount onto a coupe trunk. If anyone knows if the shape is...
  9. E46 Convertible
    G'day E46 family As title suggests, the trunk on my E46 325ci Vert '05 has stopped working unless I manually open with the key I have done a lot of reading, and haven't come across anyone with the exact issue I've tried: Making sure car is not in Valet mode Checking fuses Checked elephant...
  10. E46 General
    Hello, After spending thousands of euro's on fixing problems, there is always another one showing up🙃: When it is raining I have a puddle of water on the plastic battery cover (passenger side). I can see it dripping down. Does anyone know where this is coming from? It is a Coupé with sunroof...
  11. Electronics
    I have a list of modifications I have done to my 2001 BMW 330ci coupe. 1 - Double Din Stereo System - 7" Android 10 Stereo 2 - Reverse Camera - Night Vision 170 Camera 3 - Cigarette Lighter Delete Two Ports Dual USB 4 - Automatic Trunk Mod - Blue Die Spring 5 - Angel Eyes Mod - 6000k Angel Eye...
  12. E46 Convertible
    Hey! 325ci convertible here When I got the car a week ago, the trunk only opened with the physical key. The remote key is completely non functional, the button on the trunk does not work and neither does the button on the footwell. But it opened with the physical key. Yesterday I dropped my...
  13. DIY Guides
    My tailgate has never worked since I bought this car, the button on the handle is not pressable, and it is like pressing on a hard surface. The glass window would not open either with the button, but it can be opened with the keyfob, so I thought that it would be worth a shot to recode the GM5...
  14. Electronics
    Greetings from Czech Republic! I recently bought e46 330xd for renovation. There are many electrical issues but i cant solve trunk button. I have tried: glovebox is unlock, trunk lock vertical, car central manualy works, locking mechanism engine works, plate light are very coroded but after some...
  15. E46 General
    Hey everyone, sorry for the messy trunk but ever since I've purchased this 2002 330i I've had problems where If I have passengers, they could push the middle armrest straight through and it would then cause this trunk partition to fall over. I was wondering if these wood planks are supposed to...
  16. E46 Convertible
    I’m having a problem figuring out why my trunk won’t lock when I lock the doors. The only time I can get it to not open is when I unplug the battery and shut the trunk. I have tried putting the key in the lock and locking it that way but still won’t lock. I have locked blth doors and am still...
  17. E46 Convertible
    My e46 330Ci has had continuous battery problems. A week or so ago my passenger side headlight went out and with that problem came a parasitic draw. (for over a year we’ve been dealing with a parasitic draw that keeps returning.) So, I wanted to do a draw test by pulling fuses to see if the draw...
  18. E46 General
    I started having a problem on Tuesday where whenever I park my car the trunk will repeatedly open on its own. This will happen when I either go into neutral and lift the e break or just when I stop the car altogether, not even by touching my key. Does anyone know what I should do or if there’s...
  19. E46 General
    Since I've owned my 2004 330i, I haven't been able to get the trunk to open with the key's remote trunk release. The dash-mounted trunk release will open the trunk. The trunk-mounted trunk release will open the trunk. The trunk's keyhole will lock-out if turned horizontally. It will permit...
  20. E46 General
    This is probably a stupid question but I've searched via google, realoem and briefly tried the wiring diagram yet could not find the answer to this so I figured I would ask. To what do the wires that are routed through the trunk floor connect to? See attachment. (image not mine) Long story...
1-20 of 70 Results