E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 141 Results
  1. E46 XI
    I was thinking about making my 330xi into a rally car. Thus i am asking if any of you guys know some good coilovers for rallying and that sort of stuff.
  2. E46 General
    Hello!! I bought a 2002 330xi for fairly cheap, with 173k miles rn(I’m using it as a daily) so far it has a lot of lights like the seatbelts, airbags, transmissions and the service light. And the subframe has a shit ton of rust on the rear side and I’m assuming the front too. Tho I love the car...
  3. E46 General
    Bought this 2003 330XI through auction place. Is Auto/with paddles on steering wheel but previous owner tried doing some wiring customization throughout the car that left the car with the scanbus pcodes showing up on my scanner. Found some Red/White stripe cable disconnected plus others twisted...
  4. E46 General
    Hey I’m new to the forum and joined because i’m looking into buying an e46. The car i’m looking at is a 2003 330xi with 95,000 miles for around $6k. I know close to nothing about these cars so far and was wondering what sort of questions i should ask the guy, and what i should look for in...
  5. E46 XI
    Hey fellow E46 Fanatics! I stumbled upon the $200 RWD Swap thread and with a broken 325xi on my hands I took upon this project. After spending a ton of money to rebuild EVERYTHING and swap in a M54B30, I will start assembling the car next week. I was wondering, did anyone ever manage to code the...
  6. New Member Introductions
    I’m working on restoring a 2005 330xi E46. This is actually my first German project so I’m looking forward to getting the ball rolling. If you have any tips or suggestions(that are useful) that would be appreciated! I also have a question in regard to a component under the hood. Can anyone tell...
  7. E46 General
    So, I have an issue with my driver's side window... it does not roll down OR up! When I press the switch at the center console, I can hear a loud roaring sound coming from the door as if it is trying to move the window but nothing happens. I'm thinking it could be the motor? Maybe the regulator...
  8. E46 XI
    Recently while I was working on the car and someone mistook all the screws and clips for my splash guards and threw them away. I couldn’t come across them on Ream OEM and spend way too long looking in different categories on FCP Euro. Anyone have any info on where I can find them?
  9. E46 XI
    So i recently started to hear a rapid ticking noise sort of like a really fast tap coming from the engine bay when i turn my steering wheel. When i turn the steering wheel it gets really loud but when i let go its still there just really quiet. Any ideas as to what this could be?
  10. E46 XI
    I've been looking around on the internet for a few weeks trying to find a solution to lowering my car that doesnt cost me an arm and a leg. Being that I have an XI model the only options I feel I have would be lowering springs as coilovers are going for $750+ for the AWD models. I dont want to...
  11. E46 General
    I have a 2004 BMW 330xi and I have an issue involving my driver's side window. It does not open AT ALL. When I press the center switch to open, nothing happens. I do hear a noise whenever I press the switch, almost as if it is trying to move the window but nothing actually happens, if that makes...
  12. E46 General
    So i recently made a post about how the eml, abs, dsc, and brake light turn on randomly. I tried to start my car today and it took two cranks to start. I checked all the codes with carly adapter and the major ones i got were misfires in 1,5,3,2,4, lambada control limit bank 1 and 2, lambada...
  13. E46 General
    So recently my car has had this problem where sometimes the abs, brake, eml, and dsc light all turn on at the same time. It only happens sometimes and i want to fix it because with snow coming up i dont want to have abs and traction control shut off randomly. The service engine and brake pad...
  14. E46 XI
    So i lowered my xi a while ago and i changed both axles because the boots ripped and had to replace the passenger side one again a bit after i had just replaced them also because of the boot. Is there a way to prevent this or do i just have to deal with it lol.
  15. E46 XI
    So i have a 2003 330xi and Ive had a system running lean code for a while now, Ive changed the DISA, MAF, both o2 sensors for bank 2, fixed a vacuum line going from intake to fuel pressure regulator, and spark plugs but still running lean. Can anyone help or know why it’s running lean?
  16. E46 General
    Was driving to school the other day, and this warning light magically appeared! Anyone know what this means?
  17. Forced Induction
    Hi I have a 330xi that I eventually want to turbocharge with about 100-150hp increase if possible as I still want to be able to daily drive it as well. The reason I am asking about the bottom mount is because I still want AC if possible and also I am unsure if the difference with the subframe...
  18. E46 XI
    Hey guys I am doing a manual swap on my 2005 330xi and I have noticed that the mount where the shifter arm bushing ins’t there, I am posting a picture of what it should look like and what I got, if anyone knows whats going on I would much apriciate their help.
  19. E46 General
    Hey my car has been running lean for a bit now and i looked at the f tubes coming off the intake boot and noticed the small one was broken so i tugged a little and the whole thing came out. I was wondering what it goes to and if that could be the reason for my car running lean?
  20. E46 General
    So my car recently started screeching from the right rear wheel. I tried taking apart the brake assembly as well as the rotor to see if it was rubbing on anything but it wasnt. The screech only happens when im in drive and not when im in reverse and it stops as i stop the car as well as starts...
1-20 of 141 Results