E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 53 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hello everyone, I know this is probably a stupid question, but I figured I'd ask. My 2003 330i has been off the road for a minute due to some issues making a rough idle. I have placed an OBDII scanner to it and it has to do with the catalytic converters and a faulty camshaft positioning...
  2. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello, Vehicle in question is a 2003 E46 325XiT Auto. I'd like to start off by saying that I completely understand that a new OEM radiator is "better" and less hassle than what I'm asking to do but let me proceed. I live by Death Valley California where the highs can get to 120°F (49°C for...
  3. Forced Induction
    So I got my first bimmer a 2000 323ci, I was a little whelmed by the power. My buddy has a flashed 325is e36 ~200hp. I figured that the 170whp would feel similar but I’m feeling whelmed. Mind the open dif doesn’t help. I know the go to answer is “buy a more powerful car like a 330i” but I got it...
  4. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    In my car is the M52TUB28. It runs fine but with 220k on the odo it’s time to start looking at my options. I got a torn down M54B30 for free from a friend. I don’t know the odo and I can’t say for certain why he tore it down but I don’t believe it was anything catastrophic (I hope). My end goal...
  5. Suspension, Brakes
    Been looking for performance sway bars (front and rear) that’ll eliminate as much roll as possible, anybody got any recommendations? Or any suggestions on removing body roll polyurethane bushings, end links idk my car just has a lot of body roll even when getting onto the freeway the curves are...
  6. E46 General
    I know the saying, "learn to drive a slow car fast." I've done that for years. I'm looking to add a little more power to my 330i in the near future. Does anyone have any ideas as to what would be best in terms of quality and performance? I already have plans for the suspension, so that's not a...
  7. E46 General
    Hey guys I recently purchased my first BMW, its an 05' 330XI and I wanted to start putting some money into it, but from everything to aftermarket to just basic tune up things I have no idea where to look, what to look for, brands to look for or anything. Im literally looking for ANY relevant...
  8. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Introduction: I found this kit while looking online for an inexpensive limited slip diff solution in my 330i. The kit consists of 2 metal plates with springs in between them which push out on clutch plates that contact the side gears in the carrier of the diff. There is a hole formed by the...
  9. E46 General
    Hi guys, so I purchased this car recently, it's a 2001 330. (Month or so ago I purchased it) http://imgur.com/N8desrK It's my first BMW and is in good shape. It's been serviced regularly and all that goodness. I changed fluids, battery, spark plugs etc. What I *would like* to know is, are...
  10. Suspension, Brakes
    I've been reading around about alignments. I have a mint 80k mile 2004 6 speed 330ci that I basically drive to cruise in. It is not my daily. I sometimes drive it aggressively. I am contemplating taking it to a track day at some point for fun and to learn a thing or two. I've slowly knocked off...
  11. E46 General
    Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and to owning a bmw. I've only had v8 trucks in the past so owning a bmw, or car in general, is new to me. I have a 2003 BMW 330i ZHP and have a few quick questions. I've heard power gains are a bit challenging with these cars versus v8's so how much power can...
  12. Tires, Wheels
    Current wheels and tires: (staggered) Style 193: 18x8 ET34 and 18x8.5 ET37 Dunlop LM703: 225/40R18 and 235/40R18 Looking to replace with: (squared) Style 360: 16x7 ET31 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo: 225/50ZR16 Car is generally stock. I know I will be gaining MPG's, which is a good thing, and the...
  13. Suspension, Brakes
    Currently having serious brake squeaking issues. Any recommended street performance brakes for a 2005 325ci?
  14. E46 General
    So i got my 2001 325ci almost a month ago, have been adding little aesthetic mods to it such as angel eyes, led corners and sides and repainting scratched up bumpers, etc. In two weeks once I get it perfectly cleaned up I'll be looking to mod it for performance gains. Any suggestions as to what...
  15. E46 General
    So it's time again to change my brake pads, so of course I started doing research on which pads to buy. Now I'm not sure which ones are on my car now, but the squeak under light braking and they stop pretty good under harder braking without squeaking. So now I'm trying to decide on which brakes...
  16. E46 General
    I haven't posted to the forum in awhile, but I'm looking for some advice on whether it might be worth it to upgrade when I change my clutch in the near future. I have a '99 323i with about 211k on the clock. I have put over 100k on the clutch the car came with but I know it's due for...
  17. E46 General
    I've read a lot of the headers forums on here, but I can't recall anyone mentioning TopSpeed Pro Performance's product on eBay. Anyone have any experience with these? How's the customer service, how's the product, etc? Thanks guys.
1-17 of 53 Results