E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 272 Results
  1. New Member Introductions
    Hi! Nice to be here! I have two 2002 325i’s! One works great but I’m currently locked out! Hopefully this place will be able to help me out.
  2. E46 General
    I am fixing up a 2003 325i that has sat since about this time 10 years ago. I have collected all the necessary parts to get it running, with the addition of some fun/preventative extras. It has just under 100k km on it and is in very good condition besides a slightly rusted quarter panel (We...
  3. E46 General
    Hi all, My e46 is due for spark plug replacement, last time was in December 2014, 70k miles have been added to odo since then. Today while I was replacing the spark plugs, I found that each plug has some amount of oil on the thread, although the tip is relatively dry. Among these plugs...
  4. Parting Out
    Parting out complete 2003 325it
    $1 USD
  5. E46 General
    When the key is off, all doors are locked, and all interior lights off, the ABS light stays on with a dim (dead battery dim) flicker. When the key is on it turns bright yellow like normal. The car will not crank with/without jump starter. But will run and drive after being push started. I've...
  6. E46 General
    I’m new in the bmw community and I don’t know much about fixing them. The other day my 2004 325i started vibrating/shaking while idling and when accelerating/braking. I took it for a scan at AutoZone and these were the codes that came up. P0070 P0171 P0174 P0302 P0442 I’m on a budget and I don’t...
  7. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    needing help with tuning for my 05 325i as im wanting better throttle response and a few other things if i could get some input and help i would greatly appreciate it side note my ecu is ms45.1 and engine is m54b25
  8. E46 General
    So the past month or so i've noticed this weird sound that at first sounded like it was coming from my passenger side wheel, almost like the wheel or break rotor was grinding on something. But after driving with windows down, it doesn't sound like it's coming directly from the wheels but more...
  9. E46 General
    In August of this year (2023) I bought a new DME since the existing one had a weird idling glitch. I sent the car to my mechanic and unfortunately the new DME refused to start the engine, so I accepted defeat and asked him if he can put back the old one and drop off the car at my house. He...
  10. E46 General
    So where do I start? I recently purchased a BMW e46 touring 2001 325i. I knew the car had problems obv if it's second-hand. Anyways, when i purchased the car I noticed it took like 10 - 15 tries to start, dont get me wrong here, it will start then idle for like 5 sec then die. So I thought...
  11. New Member Introductions
    I've got my air intake manifold off and I'm replacing the following Entire Power steering system its creaky Oil filter housing gasket Oil pressure & Temp Sensors Entire CCV system Throttle body Gasket & Disa Gasket Air intake gaskets Getting the injectors cleaned & buying gasket kit Things I've...
  12. Tires, Wheels
    Will a 265 or 275 /55/18 tire paired with a 18x10 rim fit in a 325i in the rear? If not what is the next biggest sized tire recommended?
  13. New Member Introductions
    Hello Everyone, I'm in need of opinions. I'll try to keep it short, feel free to ask questions. Basically, I have a 2002 325i with a little over 200k on the OD. I'm trying to decide if I replace parts here and there, or if I go all out and do a full refresh of the entire car. In the end I'd...
  14. E46 General
    Hello, i have a loud clunk when i turn the steering wheel, any ideas ? Maybe the sterring coupler or the suspensiom strut mount ? here is the video: Thank you in advance
  15. E46 General
    I own a BMW 2003 325i that continuously overheats. I've replaced the water pump, thermostat, upper & lower radiator hoses, radiator, clutch fan, coolant recovery tank, coolant expansion tank, automatic transmission oil cooler thermostat, coolant temperature sensor, and new lubed o-rings. I've...
  16. E46 General
    Hi Team, I have had an issue with the old lean condition issue on bank 1 and 2, I found the intake leak it was from that little F connector on the intake boot where that little line connects to the fuel regulator. mine had completely broken off, so the little black hose that comes from the fuel...
  17. E46 General
    So i’ve already made a post about how my coolant completely disappeared 2 nights ago and my engine overheated and i had to get my car towed home. Now i have my car in pieces in my garage prepared to replace the head gasket but now that i’m thinking more about it besides the white smoke there is...
  18. E46 General
    Hey everyone. My cars coolant line bursted mid drive and i had to drive from that spot to a parking lot about 2km away in order to get towed home. I topped up the coolant as soon as i realized my pipe was leaking but when i got to the parking lot it was completely bone dry. There was no knocking...
  19. E46 General
    2001 325ci 146k miles P1353: cylinder 6 misfire with fuel cutoff Got this P1353 code and it says cylinder 6 misfire with fuel cutoff. I’ve checked coils, spark plugs, and changed the 6th fuel injector. The Code still comes back, when I clear it, the misfire goes away. When the light turns on...
1-20 of 272 Results