E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 90 Results
  1. E46 General
    Okay so I’m having an issue an I’m also out of ideas. My 1999 bmw 328i sedan (manual) started having issues of the brake lights getting stuck (including third brake light) when the vehicle is running. If ignition is on and engine not running the brake lights operate normally.) I have swapped in...
  2. E46 General
    Hi, Which kind of oil you use for 328i 1999 ? Thank you
  3. E46 General
    Hello, I am a new owner of a 2000 328i. Bought this car with starting issues. Old owner mentions an error in the EWS system. towed it home and have been trying to find how to bypass the system to verify that is the culperate but can’t find anything on that. i have basic electronical diagnostic...
  4. Europe
    Long story short I'm looking to buy an E46, (I'm in Europe) and so far the range of E46's around in term of mileage, condition, price is all over the place, but most of them are beat up so for my budget I'm left with not so many options. So far I have my eyes on 3 E46's, all of them are Coupe...
  5. New Member Introductions
    So, it's in great shape, and I paid very little for it, I'm quite happy with it. The previous owner was an actual little old lady who mostly drove around suburbs. Engine was factory recalled with 50K miles, now it's at 161K and running well. The good: no leaks! nothing is dripping anywhere, the...
  6. E46 General
    Hey guys. Just bought a second hand 1999 328i and the dome light / light above the vanity mirror hasn't been working since I purchased it. All the other interior lights work fine (glovebox/footwell/rear interior) I have tried replacing all the fuses and the bulbs, but still nothing. I am opting...
  7. E46 Showroom
    Hey everyone, I'm happy to finally post after being only a reader on this forum for more than a year. It all started when my friend @Inlajnsiksbenzin bought his first E46 323i. I quickly fell in love with the sound of the six-cylinder, and I told him that I would proudly copy his choice sooner...
  8. E46 General
    Hey, I have ticking noise on my bmw when warming up. When warmed up and driven then it dissapears. It sounds like its coming from the front and can be Heard in the cabin. It occurs around 1500-2000rpm M52B28TU Here is the link to my video: BMW E46, Help! Ticking noise Thanks for help
  9. E46 General
    after looking it up The code means “Solenoid Valve Running Losses Control Circuit Electrical”. So far what i have done to try and fix this code is check any vacuum leaks going to the valve, checked and made sure the cable is giving power to the valve, changed the DME relay that the valve is...
  10. E46 General
    Hello all, been doing loads of research on multiple cars and deciding to buy an E46. The cars purpose will be daily driving (about 8 miles daily) and occasional road racing. I will be looking at two cars next week one is a 200k mile, manual, 328i that includes service records from "mainly BMW...
  11. E46 General
    ok no rude comments please. I have a 2000 328i automatic with almost 200,000 miles on it. I'm changing the transmission fluid & filter and was wondering if it would be helpful or not to use gasket maker in addition to the actual gasket. I'm just learning about cars and I only have you YouTube...
  12. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hi. Pretty new here! Myself and I'm sure many others out there have been dying to find any tunes or anything for the MS42 (preferably for a 328i with an m52b28tu.🤣) maybe with some burbles or pops, I can't find anything to play with, (the MS4X exhaust mods didn't work for me for some reason.)...
  13. New Member Introductions
    Hey everyone, I'm looking to purchase a e46 touring. I've been lurking for a while, and the m52tu seems to be practically indestructible. The particular car I'm looking at is a 328i and already has 200k miles, but has full service history. I could get a 320i with a m54b22 at the same price...
  14. E46 General
    Hey everybody new to the club been reading forever tho so I just replaced the clutch on my 2000 328i once I got the tranny back on and mounted I started the car and noticed that it’s turning the tranny in neutral and I couldn’t press the clutch in what so ever so I read a few threads ended up...
  15. Other BMW Models
    Hello maybe someone can help me here . I have a Bmw 328i 08 with 145k miles on it runs good not aware of any transmission fluid change since I bought car used . But lately I’m the Morning or any time Car sits I get the transmission light on then it goes away I’ve had it checked with computer at...
  16. Other BMW Models
    Hi I have 2016 328i and I can’t find the OBD port location. There is no door in the left side like many videos show? This is my car↙↙️
  17. E46 General
    Hi everyone. So I own a 1999 Japanese LHD BMW E46 328i. Issue is, my On-Board Monitor Menu knob isn't working. The button press registers, but the rotations do not. Took it to a guy I know who does a lot of work on in-car infotainment and navigation systems, and he told me the switch connected...
  18. E46 General
    I have a 2000 328i auto and I recently got a 2004 320i manual. I was looking to swap my engine into the manual car. Is it a direct fit or would I need to get other parts for a 328i? If so what parts would I need? Let me know. Thanks
  19. E46 General
    At 170k I've finally been afflicted with the dreaded subframe tearing. Boooo. Pics below in link: https://imgur.com/a/zUcGDmd Has anyone had luck selling E46's in this condition? I was planning to sell it anyway before this happened, due to a move & job change. The car is in immaculate...
1-19 of 90 Results