E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 289 Results
  1. E46 General
    I recently have been having issues with vibrations while idling, it vibrates sometimes when the RPSs fluctuate and sometimes when they are still. There are no codes so the only thing I can think of would be engine mounts but the previous owner said he replaced them recently and they don't look...
  2. E46 General
    Hey guys, For a few months now i’ve been facing a problem where my 2003 320d automatic starts vibrating from the rear under load. At first I thought it was my driveshaft. While changing the driveshaft i discovered broken transmission bushings and change them hoping it to be a solution to my...
  3. E46 General
    Hello all, I have a 1999 323i automatic with a build date of 2/99. The transmission has gone out on it, and I have had the worst time trying to find one. This is the only one I've been able to find, I've attached first a picture of the transmission on my car, (model number is 96020974 if it's...
  4. E46 General
    Hey guys! I've been searching all over the internet for a snake route or easier removal of the two hardlines (17227577623 & 17227577622) coming out the gearbox and into the finned cooler and have found nothing! Any pointers on how to remove these two hardlines? I've tried snaking it but it seems...
  5. Engine Swaps
    Hey guys! so I have put a m54B30 from a 2004 330CI in my 2001 320CI. my getrag box isn’t liking the increase in power and I have parts ready for a turbo build. I can’t seem to find a 6 speed ZF box anywhere and I don’t want to swap a ZF 5 speed as the gear ratios are just whack. does anyone...
  6. E46 General
    I’m cruising at 2500rpm in 3rd gear and when it shifts into 4th the rpm’s drop to 2000 (my foot has changed position on the throttle). The rpm’s barely climb until I get it to the biting point where it goes to 3000. It’s a 2001 330ci auto with 181k miles
  7. UK
    Hey all, Thinking of doing a 6 speed manual swap. Can anyone confirm if it's possible to rebuild the manual transmission at all? What's their reliability like at this mileage? The donor car I'm looking at has 200k on the clock. Cheers, Sam
  8. E46 General
    I have a 2002 330ci (116k miles) with transmission light on and limp mode. The car did not feel weird in any way prior to this. I just simply start the car for work the other day, set off, and the light came on, setting the car into limp mode and p0734 code. Can anyone give me any help? :/ TIA
  9. E46 General
    I recently replaced my torque converter and wiring harness on my ZF 5hp19 (auto). Wiring harness was replaced because of a sump oil temp code I was getting. I filled the trans back up with fluid. Started the car while on Jack stands. Now nothing happens? Won’t go into drive or reverse (rear...
  10. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello, I want to inquire about a software stage upgrade for a BMW E46 320d with a 5L-40 gearbox by GM. It's the same as the one in the E39 530d. Is there a way to perform a stage upgrade, and whom should I contact for this? Thank you.
  11. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I've been reading every forum and article on the Internet regarding the title, but I am not sure about the "conclusion". I have (obviously) two choices, either buy a 320d Manual , or a 330d Automatic. What's the matter you might ask? Well, I've read that the 330d is way more...
  12. E46 General
    Hello everyone, hope y’all a good gobble gobble day. I need some advice as my BMW has finally brought me to seek help in the forums. I’ve been doing my own repairs and services on my car for the better part of a year, and one of the few items I needed to get done was a gearbox and shifter...
  13. E46 General
    So I picked up a 2002 M3 convertible MT. Was pretty happy with condition, miles, and price. When I bought it I knew the third gear synchro is pretty much shot. Thought I could live with it, but I have changed my mind. MSI, I have talked to a few people telling me to get an SMG transmission and...
  14. E46 General
    I 330ZHP (motor only) swapped my 2002 325ci. The stock Getrag couldn’t handle it and blew out. I wanted to open it to see the damage but I couldn’t get them to separate. All the bolts are off and I’ve been hammering screwdrivers and a prybar in between them. Haven’t saw a YouTube video with that...
  15. E46 General
    Hello. I recently purchased a 2001 330ci 5-speed ZF auto trans with 74k miles on it. I have driven it for a couple weeks with no issues until today. Drove my 40 mile commute to work just fine, went to leave and at around 60mph it wouldn't shift into 5th. After some hang-up it shifted and...
  16. E46 M3
    If this has been solved please let me know the threat...its kinda difficult to search for and i hadnt had any luck but im having an issue with my gearbox and shifting. 2002 M3 ~ 133k miles When im shifting into gear, the Shifter hits resistance...not progressive, almost like hitting a "plate"...
  17. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I'm new here but always been a silent follower. I desperately need some advice as there isn't really any information out there on this. So long story short, I bought a BMW E46 320i with a bad transmission (dreaded gear monitoring) as I was on a tight budget I had to replace the...
  18. E46 General
    Hey guys I've been following this forum for a while and always get healthy tips from the community. Recently my reverse went out on my car. I had my mech change the Tcc solenoid and he said it's wise than that. Being that he doesn't do transmission work he had nothing to gain but lying so is...
  19. E46 General
    I have to do a clutch replacement on a 323CI and I was wondering if there were different clutches for ZF and Getrag transmissions before I ordered one. The car has the factory Getrag and I'm considering doing a ZF swap later. Are they the same or does the entire clutch/flywheel need changed too?
  20. E46 General
    I was wondering what 5 speed manual transmission that i have on my E46 2000 BMW 323I? I am wanting to purchase a rebuild kit but, need to know what trans i have. Since my reverse is slipping. VIN# WBAAM3331YKC66403
1-20 of 289 Results