E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 170 Results
  1. E46 General
    After a short while of driving the yellow oil warning appears, and then goes away. Recently I had an oil change and dipstick shows full oil after toweling it off and dipping again, but the light randomly appears. It's the only thing appearing to be wrong with this car right now (knock on wood)...
  2. E46 M3
    I’ve owned my 2004 E46 M3 Cabrio for about 7 months. It has about 140K miles. I’ve been underneath it quite a bit; installed a CSF Oil Cooler, then an entire cooling system rebuild with CSF radiator. The prior owner had a bunch of work done as well; VANOS rebuild with Beisan Systems...
  3. E46 General
    Hi all, My e46 is due for spark plug replacement, last time was in December 2014, 70k miles have been added to odo since then. Today while I was replacing the spark plugs, I found that each plug has some amount of oil on the thread, although the tip is relatively dry. Among these plugs...
  4. E46 General
    Hello guys, I have weird thing going on with my m54b30, when I check oil when the car is cold ( I know I should check it when its hot and also there will be less oil when its cold ) the oil is below the line, so it's pretty low, I will add like 300ml, not even tbh, I went for a ride, I came...
  5. E46 General
    Hey guys, My E46 was running perfectly yesterday, but today, as I started driving from home, only 10 minutes into the trip, the following suddenly happened:. Red battery on, red oil on, red BRAKE on, temp gauge max out, no rpm. Don't know what's going on. Video included The red battery came...
  6. E46 General
    Hey guys, I installed just a few days ago an auto meter digital oil pressure gauge and was just wondering what a good oil pressure is at idle and rpm speed? At idle when cold the oil pressure is 55-60 psi when somewhat warm it tends to be around 45 psi and when up to operating temp at idle it...
  7. E46 General
    So, I found it when I replaced my rear shocks. Massive amounts of oil in the trunk. I have no idea of how it has ended up there? Here are some pictures from the left side. It is as bad, if not worse on the right side.
  8. DIY Videos
    Here's part two of my e46 oil analysis. I really didn't expect the results I got. Will be rethinking oil changes from now on...
  9. Europe
    Hi, so I bought a n46 like 1 month ago and did some service like ccv+hoses, ofhg, oil change, etc. since then I had low oil light about 3 times so I started daily checking oil level. Once i came home at night I checked the oil level and it was right in the middle. The next morning I rode about...
  10. E46 General
    Hey, I NEED YOUR HELP, my thread is dead so I had to create a new one (sorry admin). Read this first: Random massive oil leaks So today it happened again. After two weeks without leaking (except lil leak from oil cap) I got yellow yet again. I stopped right away and inspected the engine bay, I...
  11. E46 General
    Hey, so I bought this car not too long ago and I have been monitoring my oil and coolant levels. First thing since I bought the car was a ccv change, oil change etc. Sometimes when I'm reversing there is a lot of white smoke coming from the exhaust, but only when I'm in reverse. Today I had to...
  12. E46 General
    So I recently bought a 2004 bmw 325ci m54 engine I’m somewhat new to bmws n I have a coolant light up on the dash but not only that I realized today it looks like there’s oil in my coolant there’s no coolant in my oil tho not sure if it is I haven’t overheated my coolant temp runs about 164-167...
  13. Europe
    Hey so today I decided to fix my oil leaks on my n46. Main one being oil filter housing. I changed the gasket and then rode the car. Opened the hood and I still see oil coming from there. Any help or explanations? 😃 sorry for my English
  14. E46 General
    Hey, so I was driving my n46 on a highway and suddenly the yellow oil light appeared. I stop to get some oil and tried checking the car once I got home. There is oil everywhere under the car. What should I check/replace? Any help is appreciated ❤️
  15. E46 M3
    Hi All. I recently filled oil in my 2002 e46 M3. This was the first time I filled to the Max mark. It's on max when the engine is cold, but after 30 minutes of highway driving, it moves slightly above the max mark. Please refer to picture for the oil level after 30 minutes of driving. Also I...
  16. E46 General
    Does this look like it’s mixing oil and water? I normally drive fairly long (20+km one-way to work). I changed my oil in august and it wasn’t this bad back then. I’m thinking condensation that’s appearing from the cold weather could be a cause here. I checked the dipstick and it looks fine but I...
  17. Europe
    Hey, my car started acting really weird. At first the car sometimes did the white smoke, but not always. If I let the engine rest for awhile it disappears. Then my car just locked at 39,5L/100km average consumption. So I stopped riding. I've read something about it but can't really find an...
  18. Africa
    Hi everyone I know was hoping someone has the answer for me I jacked up the car but can only find one Allen bolt whole. I cannot find the fill and drain plug there is only one I tried searching around the diff but can't find the second one. Had anyone done the diff oil change on a compact...
  19. E46 General
    I am well aware that these cars are notorious for oil leaks around the valve cover. The valve cover gasket was replaced about 20k miles ago by the previous owner (as I was told). I have recently noticed some oil leakage on one of the top valve cover bolts near the engine lift hook (images...
  20. E46 XI
    Hello everyone, so I've got an e46 2002 325xi with a smoking problem. Whenever the car is started and occasionally when driving an abundance of smoke blows out of the exhaust. The smoke is usually pretty white in color which I know points to coolant but I don't believe it is burning coolant as...
1-20 of 170 Results