E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 100 Results
  1. E46 General
    Car: stock(?) 2000 e46 328i Touring manual. Me and my friend were doing the usual late night driving and I thought I'd ask him to film me doing a small burnout for fun. While driving back I saw TWO stripes on the road? Also while yeeting the back out in a corner it really feels like it has a...
  2. Australia
    Hi all, I have a 2003 320ci (ZF 5-speed auto) and I had the wheels off this past weekend to do a couple of things. While it was on stands I serviced the transmission and while cycling through it, in drive and reverse I noticed my diff was locking up randomly. So I'm on the hunt for a new diff...
  3. Driveline
    Looking for a used differential for my e46 323i sedan. Hoping to find one local. Let me know how many miles are on it, and what you would like for it. Thank you!
    $1 USD
  4. E46 General
    Hello! I have a 2005 325i 5 speed, and I've been trying to diagnose the clunk in my car for over a year now, in my efforts I've replaced the following: Giubo Driveshaft Center bearing Transmission and Differential fluid Differential bushings -> Poly Rear subframe bushings -> Poly subframe...
  5. E46 M3
    Hello all, been doing some research on changing my '04 M3 to a 3.91 diff. From my understanding, an older model X3 has a 3.91 diff. My question is, would I be able to transplant the internals of a X3 diff into my 3.62? Would it be too much trouble? All im looking for is a jump in acceleration...
  6. Europe
    Hi, I recently bought a e46 320i coupe, m52b20, and my problem is, i feel like it revs too much especially in highways, almost 4k rev at 130 km/h (80 mph) Could it be a little bit of solve if i put in only a differental with longer ratio from 28/30I? Are those diffs going to be plug and play? I...
  7. E46 XI
    Hey there, Does anyone know if the ring and pinion from the front diff of an E53 X5 will fit in an E46 diff case? The X5 has a 3.64 gear ratio and is larger and wider than the E46 diff. I have a spare E46 diff with gearing I don't care much for so I was hoping I could swap in the ring and...
  8. E46 General
    Hey guys, this is my first post never seen anything like it so basically back in January, I replace the rear control arm because it broke on the driver side and it’s been good for a while but now when I reverse the car, the tires slowly start sticking out and it came to a bus today. It won’t go...
  9. Motorsports, Track
    Hi guys, been searching around and trying to come up with a plan on how I can get into drifting. I have a 2002 330i, but it's an auto. I'm trying to figure out if it's what's a better idea: put in a welded/LSD diff, reinforce the subframe, change bushings, get smaller rear tires, maybe lower...
  10. Motorsports, Track
    Any tips/suggestions before welding differential (besides the obvious). Im going to be welding the differential on my bmw here very shortly and would like to know if theres anything I should be aware of or look out for? I know theres plenty of videos can watch on welded diffs but im looking for...
  11. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I am looking at installing a 3.46 diff in my car, and I was thinking about wanting to beef up my axels in the rear while I'm at it. That being said, I don't own a slide hammer to take out the axel from the knuckle in an automatic to put into my 2002 325ci, so I was wondering if the diff, auto...
  12. E46 General
    Hello guys, my whole car starts vibrating at around 80 km/h, today I went to a mechanic and inspected everything and everything looks fine, which is weird. But the question is, is play on the differential that is marked on the photo normal or not ? Its moves a lot. Thanks guys
  13. E46 General
    Hey guys, first post since most of the time everything is already up on here. I recently swapped in a different diff into my 330ci, in the process needed to swap flanges for the driveshaft. Due to being uneducated, I took the nut out without marking and now I’m sure it has broken loose as I was...
  14. E46 General
    A quick run down is I basically swapped a welded differential into my 330ci. I needed to swap the input flange in order for the differential to fit, but I just zipped off the 30mm nut and did not know to mark or measure preload so I pretty much just zipped it back on and he diff - obviously...
  15. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Looking at swapping an auto diff into a manual 330ci. I know the gearing is shorter and itll have a lower top speed, but will i need to swap the input flanges? If i do, can i take the input flange off the manual diff and attach it to the auto diff?
  16. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    2.93 Differential Does anyone know if the 3.88 shim goes on the ring gear side or opposite? Mine has a 3.88 shim and a 3.42 shim. Yes, I should have marked them, etc…. I know. I thought it was going to be a same day rebuild while putting in my helical lsd. It wasn’t and now things have been...
  17. E46 General
    Hello guys, so I just discovered, that the previous owner swapped my rear diff on my e46 323i with diesel diff, I dont know why he did that but he did. Now there is a big head diff with diesel driveshafts and I need to know, because im going to swap it for normal small head diff 3.45, are only...
  18. Engine Swaps
    Hello. I have a compact 318ti e46. I replaced the engine with a m54b25. The gearbox is the Getrag from the 318i. I use a differential from the 318ti engine (N42B20). Since I keep breaking it, I bought a 188 type differential from a 323i. My question is what dtiveshaft should I put in to...
  19. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello, I would like to know if anyone has experience or knowledge about swapping 3.38 diff to 3.07 diff with a 105 horsepower engine. Will it be more fuel efficient, and will it be enjoyable enough for a daily drive? I know that Vmax will improve while the torque drops
  20. Europe
    Hello guys. I have bmw e46 320i 1999. I want to buy new diff, because my old one is pretty bad. The code on my current diff is 1214822J. There is also BM072 and number 18. I cant find if it is small/big head or what ratio it is, can someone help me please ? Thanks !!
1-20 of 100 Results