E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 104 Results
  1. UK
    Hi. I’ve been tracking down my performance issues and have come across a broken wire on the connector for my map sensor. It will definitely need a new connector splicing on as the wire is clean out of the connector housing and seems too short to even attempt repair! My question is, would it be...
  2. Forced Induction
    According to the dyno, yes!
  3. California
    Can I legally swap a n55 or b58 into my e46 m3 and get it bar’d?
  4. Europe
    I changed my turbo about 2 days ago as my old one began to whistle and burn oil; I was puffing blue smoke wherever I was going. I decided to replace it along with the intercooler as my one had two screws in it causing a boost leak. After replacing it, without the knowledge that I had to purge...
  5. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hi, just installed my bottom mount turbo kit. ms43 version 56 Cable: Amazon.com Error: "Could not read the data from the control unit" I have stock MAF and stock injectors (not finished yet, going to try to get at least 5-6 psi before I continue) Getting this error from ms4x flasher after...
  6. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello guys, i have Bmw E46 320CD 2004. 150 hp stock, now on 195hp. I'm looking for bigger turbo upgrade. Is there anyone familiar with topic for bigger turbo upgrade with smaller preparations? Is there any other turbo that's a bolt-on but bigger? New with BMW turbos, so i'm not too familiar...
  7. Europe
    I know i have to change the turbo soon, but could this be possible from a blown turbo? Or could it be a faulty injector? At 1800-2000 RPM it starts to stutter with white smoke. And after that it disappears and shoots black smoke at 4000 RPM.
  8. Forced Induction
    This is just a thread on bulletproofing+rebuild with forced induction in mind. To get this straight I pulled the engine from a 330xi at 100k miles after being driven by a granny and only being decommissioned after one of her kids decided to run from state troopers in it. The engine is in great...
  9. Forced Induction
    Just want to start by saying I’ve been an active shadow member for a long time. Always have benefited from the diy’s and diagnostics everyone has had to offer. Thanks for all the past and future guidance. I’ve got a 2004 e46 330ci with the M54B30 and MS45.1 ecu I’ve dedicated to a drift track...
  10. Europe
    Hi, I'm having some boost trouble on my E46 320D Automatic from 2002 when accelerating. I'm trying to get from 0 to 100KM in 10 seconds as official information from BMW is saying my car is capable off. As I accelerate my car boost doesn't come until I hit 3000-3500rpm. Which makes my car to...
  11. Forced Induction
    I’m planning on saving up for a vf supercharger for my 2000 328i 5 speed. The engine is original and close to hitting 189,000 That being said the kit only runs 6 psi but I come from the Honda scene so head studs and head gaskets were considerable when doing a low-mid psi turbo build. Is there...
  12. Africa
    Hi Everyone I was wondering if you can help figure out what number 10 in the below image is i was removing my intercooler and i noticed the connector to what i believe is the sensor has been cut off...the sensor is still there but the connector is missing, just have loose cables lying there...
  13. Forced Induction
    I'm between using an M54B30 (with M52TU rings) or an M50B25. I plan on tearing down and replacing/rebuilding everything and taking the block/heads to a machine shop. I'm definitely using a ZF 5 speed. Is there an advantage to using an M50B25, or is it just the simplicity of the engine? Would I...
  14. Australia
    I came across a clip of some Australian reality cop show and they gave this dude a ticket for having a turbo and not having a license to drive a manual transmission? I knew Australia was upside down but holy hell is this for real? Link to the video:
  15. Forced Induction
    Hi I have a 330xi that I eventually want to turbocharge with about 100-150hp increase if possible as I still want to be able to daily drive it as well. The reason I am asking about the bottom mount is because I still want AC if possible and also I am unsure if the difference with the subframe...
  16. Forced Induction
    Hello boosted E46 crew, I am installing an Infinitas supercharger (ASA) on my 330i E46. It taps into the car's stock oil system to lubricate the supercharger unlike other supercharger setups. The return set up requires you to cut the dip stick tube in half and insert a fitting for the drain...
  17. Forced Induction
    i have a 2000 323ci as a drift/daily. im wondering if one of those turbo kits that says its compatible with my make and model would blow my engine if i dont upgrade piston rings, or if it would be fine i believe its a t3/t4 turbo full kit any and all opinions are welcome.
  18. Engine Swaps
    Like the title says i wanna take an m52b28 out of a 1998 z3 to put in my 2000 323ci. My goal is to turbo it, I am not trying to build the worlds fastest car or anything like that. More so I just wanna build something for fun while also keeping it reliable (for the most part) my horsepower goals...
  19. Forced Induction
    So, I’m wondering if ITB’s are both possible and worth while doing as I go turbo. Obviously the more power you make the better ITB’s are for you, however how compatible are they with the M54 motor? There’s a kit I’ve found from Racehead that’s looks pretty good (link: I’m looking at going with...
  20. Forced Induction
    So i have a 2000 328ci as my daily and I am looking to turbo it with a turbo kit from CXRacing GT35 Turbo Manifold Downpipe Kit for BMW E46 M52 M54 Engine NA-T Top Mount (cxracing.com), im pretty new into the e46 platform and just wanted some advice from more knowledged e46 owners on what i...
1-20 of 104 Results