E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 320 Results
  1. DIY Guides
    While assisting a friend with an engine swap, we decided to make a general checklist/how to guide to engine swap from a b25 to b30. While it is missing a few things, it is pretty thorough. We also included the tools needed for each step. Hopefully someone can find this helpful. Pulling motor...
  2. Suspension, Brakes
    hello, i recently replaced my control arm bushings as they were shot and if there was 1 thing i wish i had done immediately it would be to soak them in hot soapy water before pulling them off or putting them on. was an absolute nightmare because they were stuck on and impossible to get back...
  3. E46 General
    Hello all, I have a 1999 323i automatic with a build date of 2/99. The transmission has gone out on it, and I have had the worst time trying to find one. This is the only one I've been able to find, I've attached first a picture of the transmission on my car, (model number is 96020974 if it's...
  4. E46 General
    I just completed my VCG this week because of oil in my plugs, decided I might as well swap the plugs too while I was at it. Upon completing everything I went to start my car to have a rough idle (bogging low) and almost slightly bouncy at times. Furthermore, I was scared to hear almost a...
  5. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I have a 04 ci with clogged cats so I’m taking it as a good excuse to get some aftermarket headers. Does anyone recommend any that they have or had? Something relatively cheap and that will last?
  6. E46 General
    Hello all, While continuing to restore an m3 I recently purchased (05/2002), I met a friend of the PO who told me that the car had the optional BMW offered subframe reinforcement done to it. Is there a way that I can verify this? If it is indeed true, is this reinforcement enough? The car...
  7. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hi everyone, I'm in the process of swaping my E46 320i (M52TU) to a full spec 330i. Now that all the components needed for the swap are outside of the car "on the pallet", I intend to refurbish and replace as many things as I can. One of the biggest things on the to-do list is maintenance of...
  8. E46 General
    Hello guys, I want to share with you my "repair" of rust that I did today, I know it's not long lasting, but I did the same thing on my sedan 4 years ago and still going strong. Paint colour is 475 and it's my 2nd painting with a paint gun in my open garage, without any equipment. Only 80 grit...
  9. Car Care
    Hi All, looking to get rid of cloudiness on my headlights, anyone know some good DIY videos for it?
  10. E46 General
    TL;DR Hello all and thank you for sharing your ideas and knowledge here! I recently acquired an $800 2000 323i 5-speed. My first BMW. It needs significant work, and I'm up to the task (I'm pretty sure). Pull the motor for scrap and sell the roller, or dig my heels in and give it the love? As...
  11. E46 General
    Hello Fanatics! It's been a while since I've posted but I need help with this issue! I recently completed a majority of an engine rebuild on my b30 swapped car. I have touched pretty much everything besides piston rings, main bearings and a VANOS rebuild (yes I know I should do this and I will...
  12. DIY Guides
    Ever since I bought my e46 I wanted the blinkers to blink when locking and unlocking. The way to do that is to install the BMW alarm system or at least the siren and that’s the purpose of this DIY. This DIY also covers the wiring for the siren so for the non prewired cars. The ingredients: BMW...
  13. E46 General
    Hello, I have a 2001 330ci. I purchased it about 6 months ago and it's been awesome! However I am having a weird issue with the factory alarm system. If I lock the car and then unlock it within an hour or so, the alarm does not go off. It beeps twice for unlock and once for lock, the turn...
  14. E46 General
    Hello all, While finishing up my M54b30 rebuild, I encountered a strange issue while trying to do timing. It’s hard to describe but I’ll do my best and hopefully the picture helps. For the rebuild I got new timing chain guides and a new timing chain. Now when I try and install the sprocket on...
  15. E46 General
    Hello all, While preparing to take my head to the machine shop, I noticed this in my coolant passage. Could it be head gasket sealer?
  16. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Driving my e46, the pedals are really not set up for heel and toe..... it's possible, but the pedals do work against you. There doesn't seem to be many plug and play solutions that are widely available, so i'm thinking of DIYing it myself. There are numerous e46 pedal covers on the internet...
  17. E46 General
    Hello all, Some of you may know already however I recently suffered an engine failure in which piston #3 hit a valve causing it to break I assume as there is 0 psi on the compression tester. Using a borescope I can see that the cylinder walls are ok and piston is seemingly ok enough to reuse. I...
  18. E46 General
    Hello all, I’ve been pondering on whether to rebuild my m54b30 or just find another one to swap in. Check my recent post for more info but long story short a valve hit my piston causing cylinder 3 to have 0 compression. I think the amount of piston missing is significant enough for a new piston...
  19. E46 General
    Hello all, I finished my m54b30 swap a few days ago into my 325ci. It’s driven great and I’m super happy about it. I replaced the entire intake system, all deals with the manifold, new disa valve and a lot of other things. Today while driving it, it lost power and stalled. It won’t start or...
  20. E46 General
    Hello everyone, Tomorrow I will be changing my oil by myself. I am pretty excited however there was a question I had in regards to doing it by myself. Issue: I took my 330i to Walmart (which saying that in a sentence alone in bad to begin with) and I told them I use Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 0w40...
1-20 of 320 Results