E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 91 Results
  1. E46 General
    Have an '04 330 ZHP that recently had some steering rack/alignment work done on it by a local Euro shop. After getting it back I noticed that when straightening the steering wheel coming out of a turn when the wheel was at full lock that the steering "catches" as if something is binding. Tech...
  2. E46 General
    Hey guys my steering is heavy and make a horrible creaking noise like an old wooden door when I turn at low speeds. It doesn't make the noise when I have the front wheels jacked up(No Resistance) I was assuming a Power Steering Fluid change could help as mine smells super old and burnt. Is there...
  3. E46 General
    Hi everyone, i have a bmw e46 323i 1998 year. And my power steering pump is coming to an end. Well if she isn't already dead, because it's really hard to turn when she's standing still. I have no problems in steering without the pump, it's harder but it's okay with me, but im concerned is it...
  4. E46 General
    Hello, i have a loud clunk when i turn the steering wheel, any ideas ? Maybe the sterring coupler or the suspensiom strut mount ? here is the video: Thank you in advance
  5. E46 General
    '01 330CI 40k miles Symptoms: Car has light but noticeable shaking when hitting bumps or going over 60MPH. Seems to be speed dependent, no change when hitting the brakes or steering. Vibration comes through the steering wheel, very slight left to right shake. When hitting bumps it feels as...
  6. E46 General
    Hi guys, Recently I changed my FCABs and with less than 500 miles I put the car on jacks again to do a brake job and found one of the FCAB like this: The car does not have a significant difference in driveability but i'm more concerned with the safety of the bushing... has anyone seen this...
  7. E46 General
    Hello! Did anyone had this issue before? Some cracking noise coming out of the steering wheel. The symptoms are: 1. It occurs after you drove a bit 30-60 min or immediately if it's warm outside. 2. This noise is somehow connected to the rack, front suspension is brand new and nobody can't find...
  8. E46 General
    Hey guys I drive a '99 323 with sport suspension Yesterday I hit a pothole, and now my alignment seems to be off. I need to turn the wheel a solid 15 degrees to go straight. Both sides of the road. I have checked all 4 corners on the car and none of the wheels have play, jacked up or under...
  9. E46 General
    Hello, Has anyone had a similar problem / know of a solution? E46 lim 1998... After changing bushings and arms(some wishbones) and tightening the steering wheel, alignment is done, the steering wheel is straight for a day or so, but then, according to a random scenario, it returns to a...
  10. E46 General
    Well, I've had my 330ci since April of last year, I brought it in kinda poor condition but for a fair price so I started fixing it: first thing was the steering felt loose and didn't return to its centre, so i replaced the FCABs and the steering rack (including the guibo), still didn't fixed it...
  11. E46 XI
    hey my car started doing a clunk when i turn but it doesnt do it when i fully turn and accelerate it only does it while im actually turning the wheel. Can someone help?Video
  12. E46 General
    Hello everyone! Yesterday I replaced both inner tie rods and rack boots. After the replace I turned my steering wheel to the max. left and max right and saw ATF fluid pouring undernearth the car. I found the leakage being due to overflow of the reservoir and when looked at the tie rod boots...
  13. E46 General
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here had some insight on this sound I've been hearing from the front end of my car, which seems to be coming from the steering rack. I will include a youtube video below. The sound is most noticeable when stationary, and I move the steering wheel side to side...
  14. Suspension, Brakes
    Hello all. I am looking to upgrade my 325 with a new steering rack, as the old purple tag has begun to wear out and lose feel around the center at 200K miles. I am considering the yellow tag rack that was on the 330s and ZHP, but I am also wondering if it is possible to swap in an M3 rack...
  15. E46 General
    I've stumbled upon the threads about the "overboosted" steering feel for BMW 330s before April 2001. I have a 330Ci that was built in Feb '01, so I believe it has such steering rack. I'm looking to replace it, but I have some questions that I want to ask before I buy and install a new steering...
  16. E46 General
    Hello, I am looking at a '05 325Ci, there's one catch though it has an M56 engine in it, I see no real difference so to speak but just making completely sure. Is there any foreseeable difference in the m56? Is there significantly less support for the motor, or are the m54 and m56 interchangeable...
  17. E46 General
    I went to go and fit my new suspension yesterday, all going very well until 5 bolts in and the pinch bolt that holds the strut in the knuckle snapped :mad:. I have tried everything to get it out.... easy outs, easy out sockets, welding a nut to it and tried getting the bolt out both ways too all...
  18. E46 General
    Anyone know if there’s a part number for the wood panels on the steering wheel? Or where I can buy them
  19. E46 General
    So I have the 4 spoke wheel and I want to swap it out with the three spoke one, is this just a plug and play type deal or am I going to need to do any adaptations?
  20. E46 General
    My e46 is pretty stiff to steer, I can barely turn it with the palm of one hand, I read online that these cars have stiffer steering then usual but not really sure if it’s usually as stiff as mine. Can anyone confirm that these cars are actually pretty stiff to steer?
1-20 of 91 Results