E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 75 Results
  1. Lighting
    Hi all, just wanting some advice regarding a car I’m looking at buying. It seems something has gone very wrong here and melted the connector to the ballast of the HID. Any ideas what caused this? Also here’s two main questions: 1) Should I be worried about it damaging any other components...
  2. Lighting
    Hello everyone im new to the forum. I would like to change my 2004 330Ci headlights to aftermarket. For some reason most of the ones i find state that they dont work for HID type headlights only Halogen. I think mine are HID and I really want to change my headlights. any solutions? These are the...
  3. E46 General
    Hey Guys, Just wanted to chime in for anyone else in the future that might end up here. Good fix here, please read. I was having issues (2004 325iT) with my driver's side headlight stuck in the down position. Both headlights were functioning and the passenger side was leveling. I went through...
  4. E46 General
    I have had my 2004 E46 325xi for a year and a few days as of today. The one I purchased was equipped with the AL HID Xenon Headlights and unfortunately for me has caused me nothing but problems. The current problem however may turn out to be the most expensive. About 2 weeks ago my driver side...
  5. Lighting
    Hey Guys, So I bought my 01 330ci about 6 months ago and its been having all sorts of problems since I bought the damn thing. One of the things that that I need to fix immediately is my headlights. The original owner of the car had replaced the oem headlights with Eagle Eye headlights with...
  6. DIY Guides
    Hello! I have a problem with my 2001 320d(fl). I has original xenon but the left low beam doesn not work anymore. i bought a HID ballast to replace the original one but i do not know how to power it. This is the model I have on the car - picture 1. What I bought - picure 2. Picure 3 I think...
  7. Lighting
    Hello e46fanatics i wanted to ask is it posible to mount a set of bixenon projectiles from ebay because i dont have enouf cash for morinoto set and also do i need hid set if iam instaling bixenon projectiles or do i just instal bixenon and add xenon bulbs and woala if so is there a tutorial...
  8. Lighting
    2001 325ci When I got the car all the lights worked flawlessly. Then one day I noticed when I first turned on the factory hid low beams after about 5 seconds of being on they would both turn off and back on quick once and then stay on and work fine. Then a month later or so of doing this I...
  9. Lighting
    My friends e46 came with the HIDs and mine has the regular. Where can I find the OEM ones to upgrade my car? I'd like the whole motorized thing fully original from BMW.
  10. Lighting
    Hello E46 fans, I recently bought a 2003 325i after upgrading from a 1990 Honda Civic Hatch back. This is my first experience with HID headlights. Anyways I'm not sure if the inspector was sketchy or they missed it completely but my highbeams don't work! The halogen middle lights flash to pass...
  11. Lighting
    some recent updates are that I'm having trouble with my driver side ballast, and sometimes when I turn my car on the HID doesn't come on. Sometimes I have to start the car 2-3 times before it pops on. Replaced alternator, battery, bulbs, and ballast. (also replaced ballast looked fried so I...
  12. E46 General
    I installed yellow 3000k fogs in my 1999 328i, and since then, about 50% of the time, when i start the car, and turn the fogs on, the gauges all fall completely, and it buzzes, and then returns to normal. Also, the warning beeping sound won't stop. Whenever this happens, I have to turn the car...
  13. Lighting
    Ok so I have a 2004 BMW 325i with the auto adjusting bixenon headlights. The headlights are wired way differently then any diagram or schematic I have found this far. The DRL's are not using the halogen bulbs, but rather the bixenon's. In fact the ONLY time the halogen inner bulbs work is when...
  14. E46 General
    I'm looking to get em for my car but don't really know much about em. I'd like them to be blue like the originals or better, but with the halo. I have the basic yellow ones. I was looking at this one but it has no reviews, is there a better one with better pricing...
  15. Tires, Wheels
    Yesterday I was driving down the road when my radio which is a double din designed for the e46 flashed off. I also noticed my seat warmers would flash on and right back off. I pulled the radio and tested the harness with a multimeter and found out the hot wire was dead. I checked all the fuses...
  16. Lighting
    Hey guys, I was hoping to get some opinions before I purchase a replacement set of bulbs for my 04 ZHP. I have the KZKW headlights and they do suffer from the burnt bowl problem, however I partially fixed them for now by adding in some aluminum foil to the inside of the bowls to get a little...
  17. E46 General
    How can I tell if my car came stock with HID headlights?
  18. Lighting
    Hi Guys, I have spent hours reading the forum in regards to headlight upgrades. Ive read there might be some issues with coding... Is this correct My car currently as compleatly standard halogen headlights (pre-facelift) and i'm looking for a upgrade - rather than buying a hid kit and angel...
  19. Lighting
    When I turn my headlights on they both are the same color, but after a few seconds the passenger side turn yellow while the driver side stay white/blue. I have oem zenons btw. Any help is appreciated, thanks. (Sorry my pic is upside down lol)
1-19 of 75 Results