E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 140 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hi all, just looking for some help. I recently got my 325ti compact back on the road. It had been garaged for a few months. I have done this before and had no issues. once driving the engine light was on and after a day it started to cut off when idle in traffic. Now the car will start but is...
  2. E46 General
    This is my first post here so greetings glad to be apart of the e46 community. I have a manual 5spd 2003 e46 325i that I recently purchased on Halloween of last year. It currently has 178,000 miles. The car started to make a high pitched sound and missfire about a month ago on cylinder 2 and 4...
  3. E46 General
    330i P0340 and P0369 stuck Alright, bit of a doozy but I’m pretty much at my wits end, I have had this car for a few months now and been fighting with a p0340 code and now a p0369 code that recently started coming up. I’ve tried and in general done since I got the car, I’ve checked timing, new...
  4. E46 General
    Hi all, My E46 is doing fine, but it gets a bit shaky during idle ONLY when the engine is fully warmed up. Check this out: No error codes at all. When in Drive or Reverse, the idle gets rough, RPM hangs around 550-600, and it feels a bit shaky. But in Neutral or Park, it's all good at 700-750...
  5. E46 General
    Hello everyone I have a 1998 E46 328i M52TUB28 stock. When the car reaches its working temperature (79-82ºC), while driving, mostly first or second gear, the traction control light comes on and in couple seconds after that the EML light comes on and the car starts to sound and run on half the...
  6. E46 General
    Hello all. Ive been chasing what I suspect to be a vacuum leak. I am getting both fuel trims exceeding limits codes. look to see if anyone can shed light on the subject. 2002 325xi 5speed 165k miles. Aluminum valve cover, vanos rebuild (not solenoids), new intake boots, after market fuel...
  7. E46 General
    Hello guys, Today I went for a ride after a month car sitting in a garage, I came back from the ride and let it idle for like 2-3 minutes in front of the garage. I was sitting in the car and out of nowhere idle was a bit weird and after pressing gas pedal it just died. Now when I started it, it...
  8. Australia
    Hi, The mechanic replaced my front crankshaft seal and when doing removed the main bolt during the process on my 2005 318i, my car now runs low on power and idles very bad will it need to be re timed or do I have another problem? The mechanic said it is coming up with intermittent crank angle...
  9. E46 General
    Owned the car since new. Sits in the garage in Canada until the sun comes out. 216,000 km (~130,000 miles) Rough idle and engine light. Drives fine, but that's because I assume the ECU is compensating with the lambda sensors and a table (open loop?). Anyone have off-idle numbers? 1500rpm no...
  10. E46 General
    Hey guys I’m having a serious problem with my e46 It seems the idle gets so rough that it turns into a misfire. This mainly happens when stoped at a stop light after driving a bit. Here’s the codes my scanner shows I’ve become defeated trying to pinpoint this tedious issue. Also another note to...
  11. E46 General
    Hello fellow fanatics! I have a problem with my 2003 330xi idling very rough. The rpm bounces up and down. The car throws me O2 codes and MAF codes. This all started after i removed the intake manifold to replace the starter. I did not remove the fuel rail in the process. I have replaced: 2x...
  12. E46 General
    Hello, I looked for a place to post this and this seems like the spot, If not please do what needs to be done. So my m54b30 swapped 325i has officially stumped me. It has the MS45.1 ecu and the motor has around 165K miles Right now it’s running really bad, sounds like a misfire at idle and...
  13. E46 General
    My car was sitting for about a week because I had a broken arm and when I went to start it up again the electronics went to shit. I did have to jump-start it because I have been working on the car so the battery was low. It sounded fine for about 3 seconds and then started to sound really...
  14. E46 General
    Hello everyone, I'm new here and also a new owner of a 2004 330ci. I need help trying to solve my rough idling issue. Currently, I am checking for vacuum leaks, my idle control valve is fine. The car isn't throwing any fault codes, I have checked all coils and plugs which are all fine. When...
  15. E46 General
    Hi all, Having some issues on my 2002 330CI. It has full service history and has covered 114k miles. Around 3 months ago it developed a rough idle, which presented the classic lean codes p0171 and p0174 along with a post-cat oxygen sensor code at which point I smoke tested the car and...
  16. E46 General
    So I've been having a rough idle and long start, which are symptoms of a bad crank sensor. It takes forever to start and instantly goes into limp mode. I replaced the sensor with one from oriellys and nothing changed. I used INPA and it says: 3C1D crankshaft sensor: signal (8) implausible...
  17. UK
    Hi everyone, i have an e46 316ti and recently have had problems with it. the engine light came on while driving a few weeks ago and upon using an obd scanner i found that the camshaft sensor was the culprit. since then it has had a rough idle and will stall if not given gas when i start it while...
  18. E46 General
    At the moment i have codes P0174, P0171, P0505, i had a good idle a couple days ago car ran fine but i knew the codes it had so i started checking what could be wrong i checked my DISA valve the flap worked fine but the seal was bad so i left everything as is taken apart and in a couple days it...
  19. E46 General
    Hey guys, I'm new to the thread. So, I have been doing some digging around and can't seem to find the right information that I need, (seems like some answers contradict each other). I recently bought a 325ci and obviously has some issues. So after purchasing a OBV2, some DCTs pop up: O8- Air...
  20. E46 General
    I'm at a complete loss, I've read around on multiple forums and have not found an similar issue. I have a very high fuel trim problem. When I start the car (cold or warm start) I sit at a 0% STFT until about 30 seconds, then it slowly creeps up to 27.3% at idle. When driving, they really go all...
1-20 of 140 Results