E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 42 Results
  1. E46 M3
    Does anyone have any experience with the E46 M3 ECS Performance Adjustable Coilover System ($775)? There are only a few reviews, and most say they really like them, but reviews can be pruned or just given before someone has much experience with the product. I'm wanting to know if these...
  2. Suspension, Brakes
    Hi all, I have a 2001 330ci with the sport package. I recently replaced my struts/shocks and mounts with bilstein b4s and I’ve been thinking about making the ride a bit lower. From what I’ve researched B4s are not ideal with lowering springs and I would have gone a different route if I knew...
  3. E46 M3
    I just bought an E46 M3. It has been my dream car forever and I was finally able to afford one while leaving money aside for maintenance. It's in good shape but it was modified a little. I want to address the ride height/quality. Currently the ride is bumpy and low. I really want to...
  4. E46 XI
    Alrighty guys, I'm back with another question. Some of you will probably tell me to stop wasting your time (I don't consider learning a waste of mine), but I'm curious nonetheless. I have a 2003 330XI with H&R sport lowering springs that I put on awhile ago and LOVE how they ride, but wish they...
  5. E46 General
    Does anyone know what the difference between the two of these are? Accidently ordered the standard ones without knowing my car had sport suspension and wondering if its worth it to send these back to get the sports. As it stands now, the ones I have are long af and are a bitch to get in, curious...
  6. E46 XI
    2004 325xiT. No problems getting the struts out, disassembled, etc. But for the life of me I cannot get the new replacement struts down into front hub/carrier. The old strut fits like a dream. The new ones (Bilstein) catch at about 3/4" down. Only physical difference in the two I can...
  7. Suspension, Brakes
    Hi everyone, It's been a while since my original post on the forums (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1106756) and my 2003 325i has come a long way in terms of reliability. At this point I figure it is time to refresh the suspension. The goal for this job is to improve the daily...
  8. Suspension, Brakes
    Hello! :hi: I recently installed new polyurethane bushings on my car and uncovered a different problem! :blah: Front shocks are completely shot. I will eventually be needing rear shocks but they are not as bad. Mechanic said that front shocks/struts are 1st priority. I received an estimate...
  9. E46 General
    i have an 01 325xi and i am over due on shocks. when it comes to shocks i have absolutely no clue what im am talking about. but i know i want to replace the whole assembly. any recommendations for what to buy? i would love to get a sport suspension and lower it a little, but at the same time i...
  10. E46 General
    Hey E46 fam. Quick question. I'm interested in buying these replacement shocks. Are these good or bad ? http://m.buyautoparts.com/plabuynow.asp?year=2001&make=BMW&model=325i&partname=Shock_and_Strut_Set&partno=75-83266_2C&gclid=CPXzg_qbwNACFZZMDQodHyoONA
  11. Suspension, Brakes
    I need to replace my front struts, and I was wondering what everybody thinks of Bilstein vs Koni struts. Most people I've seen on the forum recommend Bilstein, but is that because it's just the best for the money, or because it's the best period? Konis are sometimes twice as expensive (the ones...
  12. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey guys soo every time i park and get out of the car, as soon as i get out the car lifts up and i can hear it metal . Soo im sure that means its time too replace my rear suspension. Im going to do front and rear But ive never hear anything about springs. Unless cracked or chipped do springs...
  13. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey guys im thinking about replacing my struts and im just wondering what are some good names out there , and the general pricing for them, thanks in advance !
  14. Suspension, Brakes
    Hey guys! Did some searching on the site and found the following threads: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1031562&highlight=vs+non+sport+struts http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1076407&highlight=vs+non+sport+struts They didn't really answer my question to the extent...
  15. Suspension, Brakes
    Hello All, I'm planning on doing my front struts and springs soon. My mechanic buddy suggested I look for something called quick struts. Google hasn't turned up anything but I wanted to ask if such a thing existed for our bimmers? Thank guys!
  16. Suspension, Brakes
    This thread is not a complete pictorial guide for shock installation. What I am going to try to do is fill in some of the gaps that other guides seem to leave out. So what follows are just a few good photos and general commentary on what you can expect during this job. Please seek out other more...
  17. E46 General
    Need to replace the struts/spring/shocks on my '03 325i Sport. Probably B12/Eibach Pro Kit or FSD/HR setup. I want to pre-assemble the new front struts with all-new parts (pads, top plate, mounts, reinforcement etc) before taking the old ones out. But I'm a little concerned about leaving a...
  18. Suspension, Brakes
    I just replaced my shocks and struts with Koni Yellows all around on my ZHP. I also replaced bump stops, shock mounts, washers, etc... but I kept the OEM springs. The back seem to be sitting at the correct height (same as OEM), but the front is sitting about 1" - 1.5" higher than before. I...
1-18 of 42 Results