E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 31 Results
  1. Electronics
    Hi guys. I'm searching for Nbt-style on-top-of-the-dash android multimedia to install into my e46. (Yes, cutting dash will be required). Problem in all E9x-F-G - series android multimedia of this type - they don't have built-in amp, the only audio output is the aux cable that should be plugged...
  2. Electronics
    So I swapped out a non-multifunctional wheel, for a multifunctional one, and with that, I did the necessary wiring to the ECU and to the wires connecting with the headlight switch since the car (e46 325i 2005) was missing them. So the cruise control now works but the volume buttons and change...
  3. E46 General
    i want to buy an obd scanner for 330ci and android phone (galaxy s22) but i dont know which model, tbh i can pay extra if it means product will be higher quality. i heard that bafx is a good one but with shipping it costs 40 bucks. which obd scanners do you have experience with and which would...
  4. Electronics
    Has anybody bought and used the 8.8” version of the Avin Avant head units instead of the 7” I see that’s so popular? This looks to be spec’d the exact same as the Avant 4, but with a wider screen and of course less physical buttons. Currently torn between the 7” and this 8.8” version. Would...
  5. Electronics
    Hi all 👋 As the title suggests I've got an AVIN Avant 4 PX6 model that I purchase a few months before AVIN started loading them with Android 10 last year. I've requested the update file from AVIN, but that was a dead end. I was wondering if anyone here who purchased the PX6 model with Android 10...
  6. Electronics
    Hello Everyone, I recently installed the AVIN Avant 4 and it’s truly one of the best upgrades I’ve made to my M3 thus far. I also made an install video to detail the process to help any of you thinking of getting one yourself. I walk through installing the rear view camera, relocation bracket...
  7. Electronics
    Looking for a custom rom for my new Avant 4 - the interface is just a little dated for my taste. So far I've only seen the hal9k rom and the Malaysk rom but I don't really care for them 100%. I'm really looking for something with a flat, modern interface. Mine's the PX6. Any recommendations...
  8. Electronics
    Howdy all! :hi: I wanted to share the Avin Avant-4 system that suits perfectly for the E46s. I personally have one in my E46 M3, and really has improved my driving experience daily! We all can probably agree the E46s are pretty badly blind out the back too, especially my cabrio M3, so the...
  9. E46 General
    Hey guys, I recently bought an e46 330xi from 2003 that came with the factory 2DIN autoradio. On the screen 1.jpg, you can see the 2 female connector that are avaible on the factory autoradio and on the screen 2.jpg you can see the 2 wires that are on my car. I bought an new android autoradio...
  10. Electronics
    The software installation guide for this has changed. Refer to my updated post below. E46 Android Auto (AA) installation What you'll need (apart from basic tools): Pibus - to interface with the iBUS - read more about it at the thread over here...
  11. Electronics
    Hey yall.. following up on my Avant 2 post now years ago, I wanted to share the latest I have for the Avant 3! *** Full disclosure *** I worked with Avin directly to do this installation. This is the full installation DIY for the AvinUSA Avant 3 android multimedia navigation system. Simply...
  12. E46 General
    Hello fanatics, i need some advice from you. I saw a lot of DIY's about integrating a tablet in a e46, but i want to ask what are the options for choosing a tablet? I saw a lot of people going with Nexus 7 but what are the other options? Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Info...
  13. E46 General
    Hi Folks! Doing some programming to have my Android communicate directly with the car using Rolf Resler's interface. Looking to find a list of pre-calculated HEX packets to send to the ibus like lock doors, window control, etc. issue is, the only thing I can find out there requires you to...
  14. Electronics
    Hi I am a new member. I have a 2003 M3 with factory navigation and HK system I recently bought a new android head unit but it is made to replace the business radio. Here is what I bought...
  15. E46 General
    Hi - complete and utter BMW newbie! I've got a growing list of things I want to modify on my car as well as a few fixes/tweaks. Most importantly for me at the moment is a decent audio sound system to replace the vintage cassette player! I'm quite keen on an Android system because of the...
  16. DIY Guides
    Hey, if anyone's interested I'm posting progress in a blog I just threw up. Sorry, I don't have the patience to port everything over here right now. Here's the link. I'll post here whenever I update the blog. http://taylorjthurlow.com/blog
  17. Electronics
    Dear E46fanatics members, In this thread I will describe my experience with the Navall E46-RN502 head unit I just bought from www.bmwradios.com. The review will be divided into several sections in which I will try to do my best to cover the installation procedure as well as the head unit...
  18. Electronics
    Official: ///AVIN BMW E46 Full Android Multimedia Navigation System - Info and Q&A Official: ///AVIN BMW E46 Full Android Multimedia Navigation System - Info and Q&A Click Here to visit the Avant-2 Android 4.1.1 thread Hi I wanted to share with you guys the new ///AVIN BMW E46 Full...
  19. New Member Introductions
    Hi Folks we are the seller referred to in this thread, http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1007003 I am Sean (Radioguy) . Yesterday we officially became a sponsor on your forum CLICK HERE and I hope that we can live up to your expectations ! I am a Canadian Eh (No not Chinese...
1-19 of 31 Results