E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 135 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hi All, For the last couple of weeks I've been fighting with wet carpets on driver and passenger footwell in the front. Here are some things I had checked already and some comments: -the moisture appears when the car is parked and it's raining - so I expect is cannot be linked with with some...
  2. E46 General
    I’ve recently gotten my first car and it happened to be an e46. From what I have read, you need a code reader to diagnose the problem, but I don’t have one yet. The check engine light is on, so I checked the engine, and this is the only thing I could find that might not look normal. Is this...
  3. E46 General
    Hi all, I have this version of e46 that has a hole in the middle of the intake manifold instead of an actual air temp sensor. I hear some hissing noise recently from that portion of the intake manifold when idle, could it be a vacuum leak from that hole? If so how to fix it? Thanks. Image...
  4. E46 General
    So my e46 started leaking a lot of coolant but only when it is warmed up to operating temp, and I have a suspicion that it's the radiator, however before throwing money at it I want to ask if there is another possible place that it could be leaking from. This is right above the passenger side...
  5. E46 General
    Hi all, I have recently encountered an issue where I find myself having to top off the coolant in my vehicle more frequently than before. Today, the situation escalated as I discovered a noticeable patch of coolant on the garage floor. Initially, I assumed it would be a straightforward fix...
  6. E46 General
    Hello, So I bought a bmw 330i 2001, WBAAV53491FT02013, and it is awesome and I don't regret it knowing the oil leak now. I just wanted your help diagnosing what the problem is here. It looks like it is coming from the bottom part from the video of the BMW guy performing my recall. Thank you in...
  7. E46 General
    So, I found it when I replaced my rear shocks. Massive amounts of oil in the trunk. I have no idea of how it has ended up there? Here are some pictures from the left side. It is as bad, if not worse on the right side.
  8. E46 General
    hey guys just noticed this leak today when coming back from a drive 2000 323ci manual. anyone have any ideas where it’s from or how to fix it? this is under the transmission.
  9. Europe
    Hi, so I bought a n46 like 1 month ago and did some service like ccv+hoses, ofhg, oil change, etc. since then I had low oil light about 3 times so I started daily checking oil level. Once i came home at night I checked the oil level and it was right in the middle. The next morning I rode about...
  10. E46 General
    Hey, so I bought this car not too long ago and I have been monitoring my oil and coolant levels. First thing since I bought the car was a ccv change, oil change etc. Sometimes when I'm reversing there is a lot of white smoke coming from the exhaust, but only when I'm in reverse. Today I had to...
  11. E46 General
    I replaced the tail light gasket but the batter compartment is still getting filled with water. Today I climbed in the trunk and had the trunk showered with water from the hose and waited to detect where the water was coming from. I found only one possible cause. Please see attached photo. I...
  12. E46 General
    Turned car on and drove down to the gas station earlier. About a block from home, it reached 106°C. Needle never reached the red zone or got anywhere near it. Pulled over and found that coolant was dripping from the bottom of the ET. No coolant light came on, yet. I'm back home and waiting for...
  13. E46 General
    Recently changed my coolant return hose and ET as I've had two Rein hoses fail within a short amount of time. Long story short, I buttoned everything up and the car drove fine. A couple weeks ago, I discovered a puddle underneath my car. It's coming from the smaller port on the ET. I'm sure it's...
  14. E46 General
    I have a coolant leak seems to be leaking alot although my level hasn't dropped below “full”. I drove the car yesterday for about an hour and let it sit for an hour after… no leaks. I started the car til it got to operating temperatures and the thermostat was opened still no leaks none visible...
  15. E46 General
    Hello, today I went to move my e46 sedan after getting back from a few day trip and I noticed my gas gauge was a little low even though I filled it up less than 10 miles before, I thought nothing of it and moved the car but while doing that I noticed a pretty big leak stain in the ground from my...
  16. E46 General
    There is a leak in the newly replaced hard water pipes. We changed it here and with the help of youtube. The hoses are original, 20 years old. After cleaning the intake holes, I lubricated the o-rings and installed them. But after about 250 miles it leaks very little. It wasn't there the first...
  17. E46 General
    Hello everyone! Yesterday I replaced both inner tie rods and rack boots. After the replace I turned my steering wheel to the max. left and max right and saw ATF fluid pouring undernearth the car. I found the leakage being due to overflow of the reservoir and when looked at the tie rod boots...
  18. E46 General
    Earlier today I did a coolant flush and removed the upper radiator hose in order to help the fluid drain, (read about it helping on forums, owner before me had used the wrong coolant in the car.) Got the hoses back on although the one in the photos below never clicked on, we tried pushing on it...
  19. E46 General
    2003 330Ci. Ive been having a problem maintaining a consistent oil level for more then 100 miles. Id like to preface that the car has no leaks and I’ve never noticed blue exhaust. I know m54 engines are prone to burning oil because of their piston ring design, but the oil drain Im experiencing...
  20. E46 General
    Just as the title states, upon going to the store and back home (roughly 10 miles) my exhaust/trans/resonators are soaked. At first I thought it was coolant or trans fluid but while I was taking photos what looked like oil kept dropping on my phone/hand, so I'm not sure if it's coolant or trans...
1-20 of 135 Results