E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 78 Results
  1. E46 General
    UPDATE 12/13/23 - SOLVED! see post at bottom of thread. ---- Hi all - I'm new to the community, but have read countless DIY and troubleshooting threads, and I now humbly come seeking assistance - A week ago, after dropping my son off at school on one of the first cold days of the year, I...
  2. E46 General
    Has anyone with a non-M E46 considered relocating the coolant expansion tank to a location similar to how it's set up on a Z3 as well as converting to the Z3 or M3 type expansion tank on a non-M E46 ? I know there may have to be some re-routing on the coolant hoses as well as changing the upper...
  3. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello, I am currently trying to make the brake ducts from a c6 corvette fit on my 325ci. While the left side has fit nicely, the right side is not able to fit since the air con dryer is in the way. I am wondering if any of you are experienced in removing or modifying the aircon dryer so that...
  4. E46 General
    I've come with another question that I couldn't find much about. I currently have an electronic fan on my 02 bmw 325xi (manual). What i currently wish to do is to go from a electronic fan to a belt driven fan and fan clutch. On top of that i don't want to run the plastic fan that is so...
  5. E46 General
    Hi everyone. Today I bought a radiator for my e46 (automatic transmission), but the bottom part is different that the ones I’ve been watching in YouTube. It’s missing one part and I do not know if it’s going to be a problem or if I need to change the radiator. My radiator is the one with the red...
  6. E46 General
    So I just replaced my thermostat because the code P1620 was coming up, I figured that I should take it apart and see if it is my thermostat, however I just changed it, replaced my coolant, but my temperature gauge keeps fluctuating like this. When I used to drive it before I finally changed the...
  7. E46 General
    pressing the 19 time and then the 7 times is tedious is there any way to make the display show the coolant temp constantly at every start?
  8. E46 General
    I bought an e46 about a month and a half ago (02 330ci) and it had its fair share of problems i was willing to fix, I bought a whole plethora of stuff to refresh the engine and make it reliable (as it can be for an m54) I bought an oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket (vac leak that i have found...
  9. E46 M3
    Hello! I need some help with a cooling issue I have. I looked around the different forums and haven’t came up with my exact issue yet. 2004 100,700 miles. Original cooling system. I noticed my coolant temperature gauge dropping slightly when I am coasting on the highway or stopping at a light...
  10. E46 General
    On Friday my 330ci started running a little over the middle of the gauge, I took it to my shop because I know about the coolant temp buffer but they said it seemed fine. I used the test function on the dash to get a more precise temp and it seems to run between 89 and 98-99 Celsius, from a hot...
  11. E46 General
    Hello first post here because I'm tierd of this problem. I have changed the thermostat, water pump, lower temperature sensor and aired the system to the best of my ability. No milky oil either. My problems is that at idle and stand still the temp gauge goes to dead center but no heat into the...
  12. E46 General
    Just received my Graf water pump in the mail, the sheet metal impeller hasn't really impressed me but a few of you guys seem to swear by them. What's the take on them in 2022, is it a vocal minority? Just go with the OE Saleri pump instead?
  13. E46 General
    Hi everyone, At the start of this year I bought a manual 160,000 mile 320ci and I haven't any information regarding maintenance of the cooling system I'm going to act as if it's all original. Because I intend to hold on to this car I want to follow the prevailing wisdom across this form and...
  14. E46 General
    Just swapped in an electric fan on my manual swapped 328ci, but cant seem to get the new fan to come on. Even when manually activating the fan in INPA nothing seems to happen. I swapped back in the old push fan in the front, and that seems to work both with the engine running, and through INPA...
  15. E46 General
    So I bought another touring, this time I wanted one with a better pedigree, so I found one in Oxford Green, tan interior. The touring was actually very well-maintained by qualified mechanics through its life (2 prior owners). I have all the records including original sale. The transmission had...
  16. E46 General
    When I bought my car 3 years ago, it had red coolant. No idea why. Since then ive had literally ALL the common cooling system problems, including a blown head gasket. I have since fixed/had everthing fixed but kept the red coolant because I coulnt be bothered to fluch the system and replace it...
  17. E46 General
    I’m planning to replace my expansion tank ,I’ve heard that when you replace the expansion you have to replace the thermostat at the bottom also because it breaks, Is there a way so that it won’t break or is it inevitable?
  18. E46 General
    Okay as part of my cooling system overhaul, i'm wondering if the Mishimoto Performance Aluminium Radiator Non-M (MMRAD-E46-323A) is worth it. I'm all for performance mods and I have already gotten their CAI kit installed. Although, i'm not sure if it is truly worth the money compared to the...
  19. E46 General
    For all my e46 techs any opinions or responses would be greatly appreciated as im completely lost rn. Heres the back story. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this The winter months of canada - Recently ive noticed that my cars heat from inside the cabin has been blowing cold...
  20. E46 General
    So I'm planning on doing a whole cooling system overhaul, and I believe from previous experiences and research that automatic transmission cooling systems are different to manual systems. Another issue is that my car has been manual swapped by the previous owner (smg gearbox). Is there anything...
1-20 of 78 Results