E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 102 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hi I recently noticed buzzing sound coming from the rear right of the car, so I assumed it could be the fuel pump as it was original 300k km. So I replaced it with VDO part but the buzzing sound is still there. Do you got any ideas what can it be? E46 318i 87kw.
  2. E46 General
    Hey all, I recently found out that LTFT b1 and b2 on my car acts in opposite directions. When I accelerate, LTFT b1 goes up a little and LTFT b2 goes down. When braking, they come closer towards each other. As for STFT, the graph kinda look normal. Also there's only an intermittent pending...
  3. E46 General
    Hi fanatics! Been looking to test the fuel pressure at the schrader valve and ordered this kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VV29NHM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (Not the exact same listing but the same product) Unfortunately none of the adapters that came with it...
  4. E46 General
    Hi all, I recently encountered a this fault code: P0460, fuel tank level sensor "A" circuit malfunction I tested some ohm readings on the right side connector. See image below. Are the readings normal? Is it supposed to be shorted (0 ohm)? I also tested the driver side fuel level sending unit...
  5. E46 General
    Hey Friends I could use a hand in diagnosing a problem. Last Saturday I was on my way to do a grocery run when my car stalled immediately after starting. I cranked it again, applied a tiny bit of throttle and the car held it’s RPMs perfectly after that. I did notice however that my MPG gauge...
  6. E46 M3
    Hi all, new to the forum and new to M3 ownership. I recently bought a 2 owner car with relatively low miles (77k) that did not run. Previous owner had the car since 2006 when earlier this year, the car died at a stoplight and never turned back on. He took it to BMW who removed the plugs and...
  7. E46 General
    Hi, recently I replaced my fuel pump and fuel level sending unit. Both were broken in half. After driving for around 1000km, the sending unit was broken again. Broke in half at the same spot. How can something like this happen? I want to know because I’m not planning to buy new pumps and...
  8. UK
    Purchased a e46 320 se diesel coupe 04, Few days of starting perfect, then began to have the fuel pump fail to engage. Have changed pressure sensor, relay, fuse box, fuel pump. All no avail, seems to start when left and not drove for a period of time. On multi meter fuel pumps getting no power...
  9. Australia
    Hey so I have a manual 318i e46 and I have been having troubles with the engine. Basically I change up a gear and accelerate to match revs and then suddenly sometimes it loses power and starts misfiring I think because I can push the accelerator fully down and gain barely any power and the car...
  10. E46 General
    The fuel pump on my 2001 325ti is noisy, so I ordered a replacement with the P/N 16146766942. It seems to be the only one I can find, however upon arrival it has 4 pins, and my fuel delivery unit only has a 2 pin plug. I can’t seem to find this anywhere.
  11. Europe
    2001 318i, EU Spec, M43 engine, 01/2001. Recently replaced the head gasket on my car. Torqued everything to spec and triple checked everything as I put it back together because I’m paranoid like that. When I try and start the car the instrument tach needles jump like they are suppose to, the rpm...
  12. Electronics
    I’ve recently swapped my 2004 e46 330 motor into another 330e46 and I’m running into a problem that has prevented me from getting the car running for 2 months now pls help every time my fuel pump primes it sprays fuel out of injector 2 I’ve replaced everything fuel pump/injector/fuses/DME/...
  13. E46 General
    I’ve been having a problem where my car randomly shuts off while driving and throws codes p0171 p0174 and p0604 i’ve checked almost every spot that could cause a vacuum leak. could i possibly need a new ecu? or fuel pump?
  14. E46 General
    My fuel pump does not prime when i turn on ignition and does not pump fuel (checked the valve on the fuel rail after cranking). I bought a used one and still nothing. Checked all fuses and every one of them were completely fine but changed them anyway. Suddenly it starts right up but dies...
  15. E46 General
    Hey Fanatics, I purchased THIS OE-brand (VDO) fuel pump for my 1999 328i. The female electrical connector on the new pump does not match the male pins on the car's wiring harness. This is really perplexing because the part number shows interchangeable on RealOEM's site, the vendor I purchased...
  16. E46 General
    I have these codes on my e46 and I’m trying to diagnose. Can’t seem to figure it out so hopefully someone here can relate and help. Things I’ve done: Smoke test (intake and exhaust) no leaks Cleaned MAF Both O2 sensors were replaced with Bosch less than 5k miles ago Fuel pressure test - fuel...
  17. E46 General
    I've been having an issue with my 330ci where it's not always getting fueI, the fuel pump wont always power on, it usually starts within about 15 primes of the key, it seems completely random, I usually put my hand on the top of the pump, prime they key to feel when it's getting powered, usually...
  18. E46 General
    Got a real doozy for y'all. I got 15 codes. A couple are trans codes, as I am working on the transmission, and have the harness disconnected. One is an o2 sensor code. (Replacing them this weekend) The other codes are Misfire/Fuel Cut-Off codes. They're attached below. I'm suspecting fuel...
  19. E46 General
    Hi all, long time no post. I have basically parked the car for the last couple years but dusting it off and getting back into fixing it up. Pretty much limited driving the car over the last couple years as I had to have the drive shaft rebuilt as the joints were having issue tearing up the new...
  20. E46 General
    Hello!! After my car had been run dry by a “friend” while i was on vacation. Well here i am stuck trying to fix it. After it happened the car sat for around 2 weeks until i was able to make it back home. We originally tried with just putting one gallon in and trying start it but it didnt start...
1-20 of 102 Results