E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 66 Results
  1. E46 General
    Recently replaced the thermostat and water pump along with a few other things like hoses and expansion tank but now my car overheats. It starts up and gets to operating temp fine but then it starts to rapidly overheat. It normally starts when im stoped at a light and it just keeps getting hotter...
  2. Europe
    In the pursuit of fixing a coolant leak, I have done what is now about a half cooling system overhaul. I recently replaced my thermostat, upper radiator hose, and another smaller return hose as well as a connector pipe on the engine block, and lastly the temperature sensor on the lower radiator...
  3. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my overheating problem, my e46 has a problem in a hose that connects the coolant container to the engine. I’m not sure the name of this hose. The issue is a leak. I need to replace it. However, I’ve been using regular water to drive around 14 milles...
  4. E46 General
    2002 330ci, I bought it for $2k from a guy on the 21st with the premise of overheating likely caused by head gasket. He said New water pump, new radiator and expansion tank, new fan clutch, new intake hose, new catalytic converters (got stolen). I replaced the camshaft position sensor. No...
  5. E46 General
    Hi all, I'm running around trying to diagnose my e46 325i touring manual with an overheating and disappearing coolant issue. Car has 205,000 miles. In 2019 around 180,000 miles, I replaced the entire cooling system (hoses, sensors, thermostat, water pump, expansion tank, etc), bar the...
  6. UK
    Hi, hoping someone can shed some light. Around a year ago my beloved 00' E46 316i se ran into a few overheating issues. Its a 1.9l Inline 4 from factory and from what I can gather these engines were created for the 318i e36's. The car was bought on 54k and was absolutely mint, around 6 months...
  7. E46 General
    I have MAP cooling problem which i just found out. My lower hose was always cold and fan never kicked in while upper hose was burning and cooling temp was sitting around 105-110. So today i found out that my thermostat is also controlled by DME. Firstly, I tested the voltage of the plug coming...
  8. E46 General
    Hi so I'm new to the e46 family but I have a fair understanding of cars. My current issues are my coolant light is on, my engine overheats pretty quick, my engine light is on, and my car goes into limp mode when accelerating quick. I replaced the battery (good connection), the water pump, the...
  9. E46 General
    Sunk cost fallacy is real. Have spent thousands restoring/rebuilding my 1999 328i through this pandemic and I hope this isn't the end of the line for its M52TU engine. I only use BMW/OE parts. Engine has overheated multiple times now. Issues began with a failed expansion tank 10k miles/3 years...
  10. E46 General
    hello! i have a 2001 325i (5 spd) and it has been nothing but a headache to me! i purchased it around 2-3 months ago and i was aware of the overheating problems before purchasing. upon purchasing the car i replaced the waterpump, thermostat, coolant reservoir and all hoses. it still overheated...
  11. E46 General
    Hello, I wanted to ask if theirs a way to monitor my engine coolant temps on my phone or a screen while driving. Im looking for something that would preferably plug into my obd2 and give me accurate engine temps with numbers instead of a gauge. I want to monitor these temps because I’m looking...
  12. E46 General
    Preface this by saying my shop hasn't called me back yet, so I'm waiting. Had an expansion tank explode on me a month or so back. They replaced it. Also have replaced water pump and thermostat. Was driving and it overheated again, had it towed. They said they found a hole in the radiator so I...
  13. E46 General
    My 1999 328i sedan started overheating after a little accident I slid into one of those stopper things in parking spots and fucked up my radiator and ps pulley.. I’ve since then got a new radiator, thermostat, aluminum water pump, coolant reservoir, I even got different oem hoses new fan (it’s...
  14. E46 General
    Hello everyone, hope you can help me out, I'm having problems with my 320i e46, ived changed the water pump recently. I'ved empty the radiator, houses and expansion tank through the screw that's bellow. (left coolant In Engine block). When I was refilling the system with antifreeze I followed...
  15. E46 General
    I've had my '02 330ci vert since October and it's been nothing but problems. Now that it's getting really hot in Texas, I would love to use my A/C but my car overheats when i'm at idle or going really slow (as soon as I get above ~10 MPH it starts cooling down rapidly). I would assume if it were...
  16. E46 General
    About 15 minutes ago I hopped in my e46 to go get a bite to eat. It started snowing here in TX but I've driven the 325 in the snow before so I didn't think much of it. After arriving at the drive up the car began rapidly overheating. So I turned the car off for as long as I could before having...
  17. E46 General
    Hi, I was driving in my 2003 325i automatic when I noticed it was overheating, I stopped got out of the car and my coolant expansion tank blew up. I guessed I was low on coolant so it overheated. The next day I replaced it, filled it up, bled it, but I wasn't getting warm air from the air vents...
  18. E46 XI
    Hey guys, I had recently purchased a 2003 325xi (Manual), a little over a month ago. Everything up to last week had been perfectly fine until I was sitting in some pretty bad stop/go traffic and looked down to see the temperature gauge rising rapidly. I immediately pulled over and shut the...
  19. E46 General
    I have a 00 328ci my engine is over heating... and leaking coolant.. the reason this all started is the fan wasn’t plugged in the sensor got unplugged and it over heated and exploded on the side of the road... coolant was everywhere. Since then I bought a new expansion tank and expansion tank...
  20. E46 M3
    Hi everyone. I'm after some advice on what to do with my car. Background is that it overheats on the gauge up to the 3/4 dot, or on the "hidden" dash functions up to 100-103 degrees. BUT it only does this on hot days 35+ degrees in Sydney Australia. So in Winter it's fine, if it's 25...
1-20 of 66 Results