E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-8 of 10 Results
  1. Electronics
    Easiest way to hardwire my radar? I have the direct wire for my 9500ix but when I removed the sunroof panel cover, I noticed the universal garage door opener connector was cut off by the last owner of the car. I still wired it to the green wire with blue stripe hoping it still had 12v of power...
  2. DIY Guides
    Hi all, So I have a 2006 330Ci ZHP and I want to hardwire in my radar detector. However, I've heard that there is better detection when placed towards the bottom of the windshield. I know there is a way to hardwire it from the top thru the top console, but is there any way for placement in the...
  3. E46 General
    So i'm picking this up tomorrow and was wondering if the version of the radar detector is significant? I ran a serial check and it's the best in house update. Is there any way of validating whether this unit works without having to drive around the city? Thanks in advance.
  4. DIY Guides
    So i recently acquired a used x50 for cheap from a friend and its already saved my ass several times. but that cord and cigarette lighter plug in is a pain. So it was time to hardwire. NOTE: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. however if you have questions feel free to pm me. right. so unfoturnatly...
  5. DIY Guides
    So i have an x50, and I am planning on hardwiring it this weekend. the stock x50 socket plug has a red(+12v)wire, a green (ground) wire and a black (mute?) button wire. I bought a phone cable and am planning on wiring the power and ground from the headliner location. I am pretty sure about how...
  6. E46 General
    i've been really interested in these mirrors for quite some time now, the only problem being that they were no longer being produced so you'd have to wait until one popped up for sale used (few and far between). well, they started making them again!! :thumbsup...
  7. E46 General
    I want to h/w my BEL r/d using the HOMELINK wires hidden behind the "dome" light. Problem is, I don't know which wires/spot to use for pwr & grd. Has anyone done this?
  8. Electronics
    went out to the mail today and found a "preferred customer only" card for a beltronics gx65 pro from beltronics. it hasnt made it to their website yet but ill give you guys some basics: you can download speed camera updates from the internet and put them on the detector via usb. variable speed...
1-8 of 10 Results