E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 45 Results
  1. E46 Convertible
    Hey! My harman kardon subwoofer that is located in the ski passthrough is bad, and I wanted to get a replacement. I get that it is a small size for a subwoofer, and I should build an enclosure, but I just don't have the time or money to do so right now. I can buy the factory one on ebay for $50...
  2. Electronics
    Hey y'all! As the title says.. I am wanting to change the location of things in my trunk. I installed and wired a 12" Alpine sub in a custom square box with a PPI 800w AMP about over a year ago. This whole time I just had all the wiring hidden in the spare wheel and amp mounted to the side of...
  3. Electronics
    I have an e46 sedan with HK audio. The rear deck speakers and the driver side door tweeters are rattling and sound pretty bad. I want to upgrade my sound system for cheap. The previous owner installed an Alpine head unit/radio, I'm not sure the specific spec. I was thinking about upgrading only...
  4. Electronics
    I have an 316i sedan with no skipass or seats where you can pull down the middle armrest. I have 2 12" subwoofers in the trunk but i can barely hear it. It only shakes the rear but little sound. How or where can I get bass to get into the car?
  5. Electronics
    Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum so i'll start with introducing myself. I am Stephan, living in the Netherlands and i did buy my first BMW 2 months ago. It's an e46 316 touring from 2003. I already love the car and already fixed some issues also with the help of this forum (fixed the airbag light...
  6. Electronics
    Looking at buying one alpine type x sub to fit in my spare tire well. I'm looking at amps to pair it up with, but I'm kind of confused on which one I should get.
  7. E46 Convertible
    Hey so I need this piece and I don't wanna wait 3-4 weeks on fcp euro or ecs tuning so I was looking on ebay. My question was if I get one on ebay will it sound like shit. When I bought mine the part was just not there. Please let me know thanks!
  8. E46 Convertible
    There is no bass in the car is something supposed to be in here or maybe something isn’t plugged in? Please let me know
  9. Electronics
    I have the harmon Kardon sound system in my 325xi. The guy who had it before me, blew all the speakers and the amp is also blown. Did this come with a sub? I don't think so. So I've replaced 2 speakers already and that helped. My question is should just replace the factory amp and buy a sub? Or...
  10. Electronics
    Hello, i have problem with my subwoofers, they dont play low notes at all and higher notes are not that loud (talking about 35-50hz) I have 2 Gz15D2 subwoofers and AMP is alpine 1000w Box i have is 160 Liters with 2 4" Gates
  11. E46 Convertible
    We have a 2002 330ci and want to replace the missing subwoofer with a 2004 subwoofer. We need help with the wiring colors. We purchased a new/used 2004 subwoofer from eBay which included the both sides of terminal connectors on the new/used sub (which was good because the people we bought the...
  12. E46 General
    So I recently received a home theater 10" sub for free from a friend. Link to sub is here http://www.definitivetech.com/products/prosub-1000 . I want to install this sub in the trunk of my e46 M3. I was wondering if I could just buy a box and take apart the sub box I have and just put it in the...
  13. Electronics
    Hey wondering if anyone might have link to any install or enlighten me on some info for this install. Most Bmw sub/amp install videos or instructions out there are for cars with the Harmon Kardon package. Thanks much appreciated.
  14. Electronics
    Hi guys, I'm currently running standard non HK system in my E46 330i. I've attempted running a 12" Type R (SWR-1222D) sub in a sealed box built to enclosure requirement, powered by a Pioneer GM-D8500M amp. The bass output is low (probably due to the nice stock exhaust note drowning the bass)...
  15. E46 General
    I have an aftermarket HU, sub, and amp. Is it possible to install these while keeping the factory speakers on my 2001 325i? I've searched around and have not been able to find a complete solution. Do I need a different wiring harness? (I have this one...
  16. Electronics
    I know this might be a hell of a stupid question to ask as my first post on this forum but I don't know a thing about car audio. I have owned a 325i and now a 325ci and when I considered sub installation in the boot, i've noticed that there is a steel wall dividing the trunk from the rear seats...
  17. E46 General
    Hi all. I'm brand new to the forums. I've been lurking around here for about a year now. I've owned 2 e46's First was a 2001 325i. After that one was rear ended by a driver on his cell phone, I picked up a 2003 325i. This one has a few upgrades, most notably the Harmon Kardon Sound System. Thing...
  18. Electronics
    Hello, My name is Robin i'm new at this forum. I have a BMW E46 325XI with prof. navigation system. How can i connect an amplifier to this system ? I have now a converter from high-end to cinch but this is nog a good kwaliti for sound the subwoofer is not working with this at his maximum. I...
  19. Electronics
    Hi Everyone, I just bought my first BMW and am new to the community (and cars in general). I have a 2003 e46 convertible with HK speakers. I want to upgrade my car's speakers - I've spent hours researching and it's very confusing. Can someone help me piece it together? I'm looking to...
  20. E46 General
    Recently I upgraded my whole sound system and added two amps (one powering the stock speakers and one powering a subwoofer). Upon wiring everything, I went out and bought a new battery, after installing the battery, along with the two amps, everything went good until I went to start my car...
1-20 of 45 Results