E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 186 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hello all, new to this chat and I recently got a E46 really really enjoying the process so far. So I have this issue with misfires on my 128,000 miles 2001 BMW 330ci convertible. Misfires on idle and car turns off while Idling. The codes that pop up are P1347 Misfire Cylinder 3 with fuel cut...
  2. Europe
    Hi i have a manual 330ci e46 (2003) and i have a big misfire problem. have tried a few things, new injectors, sparkplugs and maf sensor. I have also checked with a obd scanner. I also have regular fuel pressure. But in bank 2 it is exstremely rich. it misfires only in bank 2 (all 3...
  3. Middle East
    I recently changed the guibo on my e46 m3, and some of the rear bushings so had to remove the exhaust mid section.Drove it home, all was fine then next day got the lights + P0300 (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire), P0303 (Cylinder 3 Misfire) , P0304 (Cylinder 4 Misfire) and P1341 (Multiple...
  4. E46 General
    2001 330ci intermittent cel and misfires. I have listed below the codes. Could the o2 sensor be causing the system to run lean and misfire? P0158 - 02 sensor circuit high voltage (bank 2 sensor 2) P0174 - system too lean bank 2 P0300 - random/multiple misfire P0313 - misfire with low fuel P1137...
  5. E46 General
    So I have a m52tub20 engine on a e46 coupe and it shows p0302 code so cylinder 2 misfire and I have checked coils, spark plugs changed, fuel injectors and there is no vacuum leaks. I need some ideas.
  6. E46 Convertible
    2005 330 'vert ZHP I recently did an ews delete and then I started getting electrical misfires. I have no idea if it's related. It's worse when engine is cold. It becomes less of a terrible problem when the car is at normal temp. Worst misfire has been 1-2K rpm misfires. It's always paired with...
  7. E46 General
    Hey, so after getting my car (2000 328i touring) off the lift tonight, I started working out the misfire that occurs. Problem: engine starts alright, fluctuates in RPM a bit but it settles pretty nicely after about 3-5 seconds. After running it for about 1-2 minutes cold or 15-30 seconds warm...
  8. E46 General
    In my 2004 325ci, if you put it under load it will begin to misfire and give a check engine light but the check engine light will go away if you turn the car off and third it back on again. I was told it could be clogged cats because the car is very sluggish outside of first gear. Is there any...
  9. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    My car has tune. It will start up and run fine, but sometimes I’ll get up to a light or stop sign and stop and then sometimes it starts running on 4 cylinders. If i just turn the car off then back on it’s fine. What could the issue be?
  10. Europe
    Hi, I have a 2003 e46 with N42B20A engine that's been acting up for quite a while now. It started misfiring on idle and low rpm (1-2k) last spring. Took it to the shop this summer where they changed all plugs, one ignition coil and the timing chain and thought it was fixed but it wasn't. The...
  11. UK
    Hey guys, I used INPA for the first time the other day in an attempt to finally begin to solve the numerous issues with my 318ci. The software spat out some really long codes which I would appreciate if someone can help to clarify what they mean and potential fixes. 29CC - misfire detection...
  12. E46 General
    Hey guys, first post. I drive a 2003 325xi with 197k, and a few months ago it started stuttering at idle, the stutter became a stall at idle unless i was keeping the RPM's high. After a drive around the block, it started stalling while driving and overheating. I got it parked and ran the codes...
  13. E46 General
    Hi all yesterdaydid my Vanos and VCG and as I was losing day light I (evidently) rushed the ending. I saw a tiny bit of smoke coming from the engine bay on my way to work today when I was driving and assumed it was just not seated correctly. Getting back home and taking the covers off I saw...
  14. E46 General
    I recently bought another E46 for parts and decided that I may as well try to fix it up to make some profit. It's a 225ci having multiple misfires (Code P0300). Misfiring in cylinders 2,3 and 5 with fuel Cut-Off (P1345, P1347, and P1351 respectively). It also says there is an Internal control...
  15. E46 General
    Hello fellow fanatics! I have a problem with my 2003 330xi idling very rough. The rpm bounces up and down. The car throws me O2 codes and MAF codes. This all started after i removed the intake manifold to replace the starter. I did not remove the fuel rail in the process. I have replaced: 2x...
  16. E46 General
    Hey, while changing my intake manifold gaskets, something weird happened, 2 out of 4 injectors are not firing, 1 and 2 specificallly, they get voltage and ground, no wires are shorted out or stripped, connected injectors to other two and the car starts now, but check engine light is on for...
  17. E46 General
    P0171 and P0174, one of the most common codes E46 owners come across. It's not that difficult nor expensive to resolve this issue and the end result is a better running car. To help find the root cause, you should look at the freeze frame data of when the code was triggered. Usually, if the...
  18. E46 General
    Hi all, Having some issues on my 2002 330CI. It has full service history and has covered 114k miles. Around 3 months ago it developed a rough idle, which presented the classic lean codes p0171 and p0174 along with a post-cat oxygen sensor code at which point I smoke tested the car and...
  19. E46 General
    Hi, I have a 2003 320Ci with 114k on the clock and experiencing random misifres every now and again. Mostly during cold starts. I live in UK, it doesnt get that cold here. I used a Carly scanner to read the codes and everytime different cylidners come up on both bank 1 and 2. No other info/codes...
  20. Other BMW Models
    Hello guys I drive M54B30 E60 and I have been chasing random cylinder misfire on startup. Doesn’t matter if the start is cold or warm the car shakes for 30 seconds then settles. On top of that there has been a intermittent drop in rpm at idle. Which is currently better after the intake boot...
1-20 of 186 Results