E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 72 Results
  1. E46 General
    Retrofitting Cruise control issue on 316i Facts about the mod so far: - Unfortunately My car wasnt born with multifunction steering wheel. I bought a three spoke wheel and got all buttons working except for cruise control. Car is from 2005 so it got the Electric throttle required for the...
  2. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hi. I am trying to use BMWFlash to extract the .bin file of my ECU; I just bought a second cable, better than the first one, thinking that could solve my problem and obviously, it's not been the case. And my car is a 323ci with an M52TUB25 and MS42 DME. The problem is the following: I connect...
  3. Engine Swaps
    Hello there, So there's a 2001/9/1 E46 316i sedan that has shown up for sale, clean title, good chassis but, the owner lost it's keys to it. For tax reasons I can't import a nice, beautifully specd car, however I can bring a car on a trip tick & swap everything from it to the current chassis. I...
  4. E46 General
    In August of this year (2023) I bought a new DME since the existing one had a weird idling glitch. I sent the car to my mechanic and unfortunately the new DME refused to start the engine, so I accepted defeat and asked him if he can put back the old one and drop off the car at my house. He...
  5. Engine Swaps
    I have a 2005 320cd 6spd manual, body and interior is exactly as I wanted but the engine is pretty much dead. I've bought a clean M57 204bhp 330d engine with a loom on it, an ECU and a key. The donor car has been scrapped and I forgot to grab an EWS off of it. I have people here to help me swap...
  6. E46 General
    Dear enthusiasts, My friend and I could use some help. Background Recently, friend purchased a 2002 330ci for cheap. Has some gremlins. The main problem has been a lack of power, constant popping (some expected because catless, however, it is very constant on decel,) and a long crank on...
  7. UK
    The original DME in my 2003 318ci N42 is not activating the AUX fan. The original DME is ME9.2. So, I acquired a used DME with the same model number 7508292) as my original DME. Through ISTA-D this activated the AUX fan. But this DME is not synced with the EWS. I was wondering whether, rather...
  8. E46 General
    Hello. Transmission has been shifting well and never had a problem. Now I have no reverse on my 2000 328i ):. I bought the car with EWS issues and decided to get it deleted by Precision ECU. Everything was all OK with the mod up until today. Lost reverse along came DME codes with the car. No...
  9. E46 General
    Hello, I am trying to re-sync my EWS and DME using INPA which I installed today. I am able to connect and read but I get errors during the reset or re-sync. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the error code from the car. Here are the error I got trying to re-sync. And the error I...
  10. E46 General
    Hi all, having a weird one. I replaced the vanos oil line and camshaft sensor in the 330 vert today. To get the oil line out, I unplugged a bunch of sensors and then put everything back together. Now my car cranks, but wont start. I am getting a bunch of DME error codes and recurring ABS-DSC...
  11. E46 M3
    Hi All, I've been slowly restoring a 2004 BMW E46 with my father and I believe we're at the last hurdle that's stopping her from starting. We had a bad EWS, I replaced the EWS and bought and AK90 to sync the keys which appears to work. Now I'm having trouble getting the EWS to sync with the...
  12. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hi. Recently i had my EWS delete done on my DME through programming because the starter wouldn’t crank over. I had a issue with the car suddenly stopped working with an immobilizer fault code. Re-synced EWS and DME at the dealership, and it lasted for two days until it stopped cranking again...
  13. E46 General
    Hello all, I plan to put the new m54b30 engine into my 325ci this weekend. In preparation, I called my local BMW dealer (Gebhardt) and they quoted me $320 just to reflash the DME for the 330 software. I ordered the INPA cable and was wondering if this is something I could do myself? I have a...
  14. E46 General
    First of all, I thank you very much for this forum which has been very helpful so far. Now I have another problem, I get an error like the following screenshot is it because my ASC module is error? one of my friends has informed the possibility that this problem could be in the throttle...
  15. E46 General
    I have an e46 325i, previously I had a rough downshift problem from gear 3 to gear 2 when I tried to scan my EGS it didn't show any errors. but I found an error in my DME like in the picture below. Has anyone experienced this and what should I check. someone told me it might be a problem with...
  16. E46 General
    Jump to the most recent post. Car cranks now, but misfires a lot. Hi guys, my 2002 330i 137k, cranks but won't start. Here's a list of events that have transpired so far: -Brought my running car to my dad's place to replace the CCV, since I thought it was leaking oil. I had already changed the...
  17. E46 General
    Hello, I have a BMW 320i with the M54B22 engine with a manual transmission and it is my first ever project car. It has been running perfect ever since I got it and started every time without any issues. Until recently and now it won't start at all. I'll write my issue as detailed as possible and...
  18. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    When a DME is re-flashed, what happens to the ISN code in the DME being flashed? Is a new one flashed in its place? The issue at hand is that beginning with EWS III (apparently used 1st in Z series, then carried forward to E46) A new DME must be flashed to an ICS code. Then when the DME 1st...
  19. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hey guys. I recently swapped a b30 into my 325 (everything necessary has been swapped) and put on a ‘performance’ b30 tune and I’m having issues getting it to run smoothly. The flash was supposed to replace the b25 values with some for the b30 and take care of my sap and rear o2 delete. When I...
  20. E46 General
    What? I have written guides (see links below) to show you how to update the software in your DME (engine control module) or EGS (automatic transmission control module) to the latest BMW factory version for free using WinKFP. Why? I recommend every car be updated to the latest. There are three...
    dme
1-20 of 72 Results