E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-18 of 36 Results
  1. E46 General
    Hey I purchased my e46 325i M54 about 8 months ago. When I bought it, it already had the lean codes and random misfires. Guessing the person before me gave up on it too. So far I’ve replaced the following in attempts to fix these codes: 1. spark plugs 2. Coil packs 3. Valve cover 4. Some of the...
  2. Europe
    About two months ago I bought an E46 316i as my first car (maybe not the best financial decision). The car had 13xxxx km on it when I bought it, now it's around 132xxxkm, or around 82k miles. When I bought it, the seller told me it needed a replacement of the pre-cat lambda sensor, and I got it...
  3. E46 General
    Hello everyone I have a 2005 325i sedan m54 engine that is throwing bank one and 2 lean codes I have a new fuel pump new fuel filter new disa new MAF sensor new spark plugs and new post cat o2 sensors and no vacuum leaks ( I have smoke tested it 100 times) it has a rough idle after I’ve been...
  4. E46 General
    I'll be posting updates on my journey of mastering DIY on my car. Preface: 2001 BMW E46 330ci convertible in orient blue with base package of non sport everything. Purchased in 2018 from Jacksonville FL from a less than reputable dealer. Top was working though 😁. Pretty much everything else was...
  5. E46 General
    Started my car today and it almost loped. It was way louder than usual and shaking like crazy. After a few seconds of it running, I saw it had an SES light. The codes are as follows: P1083 (Fuel Control Limit Mixture too Lean; Bank 1 Sensor 1) P1085 (Fuel Control Limit Mixture too Lean; Bank 2...
  6. E46 M3
    Hi all, I have a custom built E46 M3, we are facing an issue which we could not solve yet, and we are running out of ideas. The problem started with a hesitation during acceleration, it is more noticeable in higher gears, e.g.: pull in 5th gear, but I can feel it in 3rd gear, and even in 2nd...
  7. E46 General
    So I have a 2004 bmw 325ci, and I have replaced the mass air flow sensor, fuel filter with fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, fuel sending unit, and checked fuel pressure to rail via Schrader valve. All lines have hose clamps and they are tightened down even the fuel pressure regulator line...
  8. E46 General
    2004 bmw 325xi I have running lean codes both banks 1 and 2 Car cranks and does not start and if it does start it dies right after unless pressing on the gas. I changed maf, smoke tested, fuel filter, checked fuel pump fuse. And also heard a rattling in engine so I assumed was disa valve. Disa...
  9. E46 General
    A little while back I had a lean code (P0174) throw and I posted on here about it. I ended building a cheap smoke tester and tried that out. I couldn't see any visible smoke, even after multiple different tries. (Yes I removed the oil fill cap and let the crankcase be filled with smoke, the put...
  10. E46 General
    I'm doing my vcg this weekend and replacing all my vacuum lines. while I'm under the good, I'm not sure what size hose, shop life on YouTube said 5/16ths, fcp euro on the other hand has like 4 different size hoses. I cant seem to find much about vacuum lines on this forum. could anyone help me out?
  11. E46 General
    Hello fellow e46 owners I have a p0174 lean code not both the p0174 and p0171 just the p0174 there’s no cracks in intake boots I replaced the valve cover is there anything anybody can think of it is also worth mentioning that the idle can be wonky as in it’ll fluctuate and also go to about 800...
  12. DIY Guides
    Introduction It took me a long time to understand fuel trims, despite excellent videos by 50skid and excellent posts by JFOJ. I think I have a handle on them now, so I thought I would try to explain them as I understand them, and either help someone and/or get corrected. Here is my shot. Theory...
  13. E46 General
    I have a 2004 325i with really bad idling, when I start the car, it shakes for a bit and goes away after like 15-20 secs but it continues to kick no matter what, it’s like a knocking noise coming from the engine when I’m at idle or going slow, it goes away when I’m going fast. I have p0174...
  14. E46 General
    Ok so still fighting my ‘01 330i on the dreaded p0171 and p0174. It seems as if I have gotten it down to something with the ac. Call me crazy. I haven’t read anything in any other thread about this. But it only throws lean codes when I’m running the ac system. Any guesses?
  15. E46 General
    So I've run into another little issue with my 2001 BMW 325i and the problems are starting to get real. I am currently getting codes for lean mixture (P0171 P0174 P1083 P0185) it's starting to really affect driving. At a stoplight I can feel my car and see it dipping a small amount (about 1-100...
  16. E46 General
    I currently own a 2002 325xi with 182,000 miles that is running very well (lots of work and PM since I bought it 5 years and 50,000 mi ago. I have done most of the work myself. I am currently looking (for a second car) at a 2004 325i at a dealer who is selling it as an "as is" wholesale sale...
  17. E46 General
    Hey everybody, I recently picked up a 2004 325i and I'm looking for some advice with the infamous P0171 and P0174 lean codes. I've tried a few super easy and cheap things that I figured would be a good place to start before spending large amounts of money on parts. Some background on the car: it...
  18. E46 General
    Hi guys, I've just picked up a e46 325 Compact in the last month as a bit of a project. I've been wanting to learn how to work on cars and I also needed a bigger boot as my last car was an MX5. I got this car cheap and it came with a couple of faults which I've been working through. I've got...
1-18 of 36 Results