E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-16 of 17 Results
  1. E46 General
    2000 323i - Passenger window worked fine, the other day it got stuck half way down. Hit the switch to bring it all the way up, it went up till about 2.5-3 inches just shy of the top. I think its registering that it is all the way up but in fact isn't, (opening and closing the door it moves...
  2. E46 General
    Good day, everyone. I have a 2001 325i in which the left front window has a pop noise when going up or down, and a gravel noise when actuated, both issues being in different spots of window travel, but consistent either up or down. I have replaced the regulator, lubed/adjusted the guides, and...
  3. E46 General
    Hi all, I'm a new e46 owner and this is my first post on the forum - probably of many, so hello and thank you in advance for any advice you can offer me. Today I started tackling the first of many jobs. Starting with a new MAF which took all of 5 minutes and what seemed an extremely overpriced...
  4. DIY Guides
    I apologize for starting another slow window thread, but I couldn't find exactly what I need. My driver's side window rolls down fine but rolls up very slowly. I have done the zip tie fix, and I do not hear any cracking or popping at all. Could this be the motor that is going bad? If so, are all...
  5. Motorsports, Track
    How about a (moderated) sticky topic for donor car disassembly FAQ ? Growing the class depends 100% on new cars being built, so how about using the group's collective wisdom to save new builders time and trouble ??? My first submission would be: Remove the front seats and side windows before...
  6. DIY Guides
    Back story/ diagnosis - So a month ago my battery/charging system light went on in my 2000 328i. I just happened to have a spare voltage regulator from an old parts car, so I took the alternator and both voltage regulators to Autozone. Current alternator and voltage regulator - fail Current...
  7. E46 General
    My front passenger side window regulator has failed. It had been on it's way out for a while (grinding/clicking noise, slow window movement). Now it's totally kaput. The mechanism can no longer support the weight of the window and, as a result, it completely retracted into the door. When I...
  8. E46 XI
    My driver window is taking a long time to go down and longer to go up. I don't think its the regulator because it moves up and down all the way, just squeaks and creaks. Also takes a good amount of time to complete the process. Does my window just need to be re-aligned or is it my window...
  9. E46 General
    Problem, I used the window switch from the driver seat to roll down the right rear passenger window. During that operation I heard what sounded like a screw loosen and fall into inside doorwell. After which window would not go up or down. Using information from this forum I took the right rear...
  10. DIY Guides
    Car has new fuel pump. Original fuel pump was failing on initial engine starts. Installed an Aeromotive fuel pump and is currently overrunning OEM FPR. Converting stock system with AEM regulator and Holley inline fuel filter. Putting fuel system back to stock fuel pressure and will meet the...
  11. DIY Guides
    As we all know, the long list of Preventative Maintenance (PM) items for our cars is long, and at times, expensive. The window regulator is yet another aspect of our cars that, with time, will ultimately fail. However as I can tell, there is no official DIY addressing this issue. This will be my...
  12. E46 General
    Hi, so the driver's side window of my 328 keeps making a clicking noise as I roll my window up/down. It sounds like something is hitting the glass and now my window is off balance, making a tiny gap in the top left corner. When I close my door it sounds like there's a piece that broke off & is...
  13. E46 General
    Hey there, I've done my research and found out that I need a new window regulator on my 2001 330ci passenger window. It will roll up and down but only about 3 inches up. I've pulled off my door panel and looked around a bit but I can't seem to get the window to roll all the way up. I park it on...
  14. E46 General
    I have an 05 330i zhp with 65k. It has two aftermarket amps, one for the speakers and one for a sub in the back, probably around 1200w rms between the two amps, plus an alpine aftermarket headunit. Recently the something started squeeling out front but I couldnt determine if it was the...
  15. E46 General
    So ive done a little research on it, i think im experiencing a worn out motor for my drivers side front window. Whenever i roll up my window up it rolls significantly slower then my back windows, and for the duration of a automatic roll, it continues to get slower until it comes to a complete...
  16. E46 General
    Hello e46ers, I would appreciate any help on the problem below. Car: 2001 330xi, Premium Package (cold weather, premium wheels, 6-spkrs stereo), bought new in Mar 01 Problem: every now and then I wake up one morning to find that my car wont start. The battery is completely discharged - the...
1-16 of 17 Results