E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 181 Results
  1. E46 General
    Brake Caliper Stuck ON! Have a 2003 330xi 6 Speed Manual, bought it as a cheap project and fixed it up. Currently finishing a pretty big brake line job that turned into a complete rear end tune up. After driving it for the first time the rear brakes became stuck after the first press of the...
  2. E46 General
    Looking for any insight or advice on a transmission swap between 2 cars AT-MT and MT-AT. Cars are 2001 330CI convertible 5MT and a 2003 330i sedan ZF AT. Sedan is a drift build and convertible was purchased as a donor for the manual swap, but is in good enough condition that it would be a shame...
  3. E46 General
    Hey Guys, recently my coolant has been running low and I keep refilling it. I just checked it out after a drive and made sure to tighten the cap before hand and it looks like this. Would this be a leak in the cap and I just need to replace that or what? Thnx in advance
  4. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I have a 330i that I just got running and replaced the whole clutch assembly with a lightweight flywheel clutch kit https://www.ebay.com/itm/133011389441?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=UaOA3JWMTOG&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=9diu08s2t9e&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY I was wondering...
  5. E46 Touring
    Greetings all, Haven't had much time to be on the forums, but the E46 Fanatics has the best information that I've been able to use reliably and thought it was time to stop being a lurker. Grew up in California when the e46s came out there was no way for me to afford one. Fast forward 20 years...
  6. Suspension, Brakes
    hello,, I ran into an issue with brake fluid leaking drivers rear side. The leak is directly under the car by the differential. It looks like the steal brake line is leaking due to to rust.. The reservoir is almost empty after I filled it yesterday and the brakes super soft I have to fully...
  7. E46 General
    I own a 2001 330ci. I've owned it for 5 years. It started to have intermittent crank but no start situation. I'm a Euro Autotech looking for added advice. After issue started, I eplaced motor due to block crack. Wire harness replaced with motor. New crank sensors, cam sensors, and vanos...
  8. E46 General
    Owned the car since new. Sits in the garage in Canada until the sun comes out. 216,000 km (~130,000 miles) Rough idle and engine light. Drives fine, but that's because I assume the ECU is compensating with the lambda sensors and a table (open loop?). Anyone have off-idle numbers? 1500rpm no...
  9. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hi guys! I am the happy owner of a 330D E46 184hp. (automatic transmission) I was wondering how much torque the automatic transmission could handle. I already have a stage 1 at 220hp 480nm and I would like to upgrade to a stage 2 but I don't know if the box will hold up. If you have any...
  10. E46 General
    Hi all, wondering if someone can share their wisdom on the differences between the 2002 330 and 2006 330. I am looking to buy a convertible and have it narrowed down to two of them right now. I know about the facelift but any other big changes that might make one better than the other? Thank you...
  11. E46 XI
    Ive been going after these lean and misfire codes for so long now and i finally did a smoke test and saw that the brake booster vacuum check valve is leaking. I also get a code for idle control valve. Sometimes when driving it drives fine and sometimes it runs like shit and wants to stall out is...
  12. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello 46 owners that have made it to 2023! I just joined this forum to list off the questions I've made after owning my car and beginning to make a somewhat track worthy rendition. I have found out that I will need to replace my ccv system as there are tons of yellow condensation clumps...
  13. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I just picked up a 2005 Imola Red ZHP automatic with 179k miles and I'm looking for any advice on performance upgrades that'll give car a boost but not make it less reliable, the car has extensive maintenance record's and I'm not worried about reliability but I'm looking for some OEM+ upgrades...
  14. E46 General
    Hi so i’ve recently tried to diagnose my annoying coolant leak with a radiator pressure tester and have came back unlucky with my system building/holding no pressure. I’ve read that could mean my water pump gasket has failed but i want more opinions on this. i tired to take a video the best i...
  15. New Member Introductions
    finally got my hands on a 330i touring with a 6 speed gearbox. some people may have seen my old post about my horrific crash (I survived, the touring did not). I've managed to pick up my dream car with just a little bodywork to do hear and there and a bit of an asc issue. if anyone has any...
  16. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    So I want to install a wide band AFR gauge on my 330 and I see that every kit comes with a EGT sensor. I have headers on my car and if you have installed headers on your e46 you know about the rear 02 sensor situation. I am just curious if i NEED to install the EGT sensor or not because most of...
  17. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    I am looking to buy a new headers for my 02’ 330Ci and I found this kit from vacmotorsports. I not sure if it is any good, I don’t know what to look for when looking at headers but I do want a high flow cat and this doesn’t seem too bad. Any thoughts or opinions on this before I buy? E46 non-M...
  18. E46 General
    This might be common knowledge to some, but I just thought I'd post for anyone who's wondering. This morning, I had come to a stop light with a Z3 in the lane next to me. However, it was a Z3 M Roadster. 1998 I'm pretty sure. I knew my 2003 330i couldn't beat it straight up so I didn't try too...
1-20 of 181 Results