E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 97 Results
  1. E46 General
    Last night, when i was pulling into my parking garage, I started to notice a very apparent "whistling" noise coming from the intake manifold area, specifically around the runner for cylinder two. It would happen once revs dropped all the way after letting off the gas. It was only till recently...
  2. E46 General
    Hello all, I have a 330ci that’s started to hiss from the engine bay. I plan on smoke testing it tomorrow since I got everything today to make a DIY machine. But wanted to ask if anyone has any insight. Here is a clip of the noise. I’ve replaced DISA O ring and the intake boots and F...
  3. Europe
    Hey everyone! I have a 2001 e46 318ti, N42B20 engine. I've done a pretty easy vacuum check on my car: Took the airbox out, put a rubber glove around the intake boot, and taped a small tube to it. Then just vaped some smoke into the system, and what a thing - most of it came out right next to...
  4. E46 General
    Hey guys, first post. I drive a 2003 325xi with 197k, and a few months ago it started stuttering at idle, the stutter became a stall at idle unless i was keeping the RPM's high. After a drive around the block, it started stalling while driving and overheating. I got it parked and ran the codes...
  5. E46 General
    Hey, sorry for my bad English. Engine N46 So today I changed the ccv and the hoses, because it was an issue before. So I got it done and started the engine. The EML light came on and engine started to shake, also there was oil smell but it could have been from before. I was tired so I went home...
  6. Europe
    Hello, Can be 02pilot mode setted up for n42 engine? Will it get benefit from it? Regards Mehmet
  7. E46 General
    Recently my car has been smoking a lot on startup out of the exhaust and I occasionally notice the same puff under the hood (when it’s open). This will also happen if I accelerate hard while cruising along. Is this most likely the CCV system or something potentially worse? The car burns about a...
  8. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hello 46 owners that have made it to 2023! I just joined this forum to list off the questions I've made after owning my car and beginning to make a somewhat track worthy rendition. I have found out that I will need to replace my ccv system as there are tons of yellow condensation clumps...
  9. E46 General
    M54B30 engine Replacing my CCV, I took off my manifold and everything. There is two vacuum hoses that lead out the manifold, where do they go? Mine are cut. Will this make my exhaust smoke go away now? Seeing that it’s pretty gunked up? I attached pics, it’s like that in all the tubes as...
    ccv
  10. Forced Induction
    Hello boosted E46 crew, I am installing an Infinitas supercharger (ASA) on my 330i E46. It taps into the car's stock oil system to lubricate the supercharger unlike other supercharger setups. The return set up requires you to cut the dip stick tube in half and insert a fitting for the drain...
  11. E46 General
    Recently decided to change the CCV system on my E46 330i since I live in a cold climate and it seemed lika a fun project. It has turned into a not so fun project, since the car no longer starts after the intake was off, CCV changed and everything put back together. When we were done, I sat down...
  12. E46 General
    I'll be posting updates on my journey of mastering DIY on my car. Preface: 2001 BMW E46 330ci convertible in orient blue with base package of non sport everything. Purchased in 2018 from Jacksonville FL from a less than reputable dealer. Top was working though 😁. Pretty much everything else was...
  13. E46 General
    I am changing CCV and as I pulled intake manifold out I noticed oil on the gasket and around the engine block intake. All the hoses were new to begin with (from January) but there was oil in the return breather hose going from CVV to the upper part of manifold. The only hose I haven't touched...
    ccv
  14. E46 General
    Hi all, I'm fairly new to e46 ownership (about 6 months). It's an 01 330ci manual. I've come to the conclusion that my CCV is totally clogged up due to the UK winter and all the short trips that I make. The symptoms are copious amounts of sludge (aka bmw mayonnaise) in my crank case and in...
  15. E46 General
    Friends, I rolled up my sleeves for a new CCV. CCV isn't too bad but it does make some noise. Actually, I was going to do this before, but there was no money. :) Anyway, I did the necessary research, but there is a place that stuck in my head and I wanted to ask. 3. hose 11617504535 how do you...
  16. E46 General
    My car has gradually gone from 1 qt/1000 miles to 1 qt 300 miles. I got so tired of this I finally got the CCV redone, and topped the oil off (to the top line). My car is now burning 1 qt/250 miles which is ridiculous. I know some people are fine with topping off oil every now and then, but I am...
  17. E46 General
    Ok so today I changed air manifold on my 1999 e46 323ci from stock to one from bmw 328i. I also did a ccv delete (i cut the dipstick hose and disconnected the hose that goes next to vanos and closed the circle on the rail on top of the manifold. Pic) I also changed the throttle body, DISA valve...
  18. E46 General
    Started my car today and it almost loped. It was way louder than usual and shaking like crazy. After a few seconds of it running, I saw it had an SES light. The codes are as follows: P1083 (Fuel Control Limit Mixture too Lean; Bank 1 Sensor 1) P1085 (Fuel Control Limit Mixture too Lean; Bank 2...
  19. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I recently purchased my first BMW a 1 family-owned 2002 330xi automatic with 160k on it. It served me well until I decided to replace the fan belts and camshaft position sensor. To do this I made a mistake, I broke the plastic crosshair on the MAF taking out the aribox. This might...
  20. E46 General
    I got a 2002 325i with the m54 -150k Miles About a week ago I started experiencing trouble only when cold starting my car. When I go to start the car after sitting overnight it starts up and runs, but while it's turning over the RPMs bog down and the car slightly shutters but then starts. Over...
1-20 of 97 Results