E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 75 Results
  1. E46 General
    Looking for any insight or advice on a transmission swap between 2 cars AT-MT and MT-AT. Cars are 2001 330CI convertible 5MT and a 2003 330i sedan ZF AT. Sedan is a drift build and convertible was purchased as a donor for the manual swap, but is in good enough condition that it would be a shame...
  2. E46 General
    I’m cruising at 2500rpm in 3rd gear and when it shifts into 4th the rpm’s drop to 2000 (my foot has changed position on the throttle). The rpm’s barely climb until I get it to the biting point where it goes to 3000. It’s a 2001 330ci auto with 181k miles
  3. E46 General
    Hi everyone, I've been reading every forum and article on the Internet regarding the title, but I am not sure about the "conclusion". I have (obviously) two choices, either buy a 320d Manual , or a 330d Automatic. What's the matter you might ask? Well, I've read that the 330d is way more...
  4. E46 Touring
    Hey all, I've noticed some vibrations/juddering when almost at a stop in my e46 auto. They continue when crawling in forward and reverse. Engine also feels like it's vibrating when stationary. But revs are consistent. What should I check? Cheers Sam
  5. E46 General
    So recently I bought a e46 325i for very cheap 228k miles it’s high but it had a good maintenance log last time driven was 2021 sat for 2 years before I got it. So the guy I bought it from said it had rough idle,starts 3/4 times,marks oil light even after oil change,rear suspension is...
  6. Driveline, Performance, Tuning
    Hi guys! I am the happy owner of a 330D E46 184hp. (automatic transmission) I was wondering how much torque the automatic transmission could handle. I already have a stage 1 at 220hp 480nm and I would like to upgrade to a stage 2 but I don't know if the box will hold up. If you have any...
  7. E46 General
    Let me start off by what i want to do I want to swap my m54b22 to a m54b30 or m54b25 and keep zf 5 speed auto. From the research i have done. The transmission is the same and should be relatively a easy swap where ill need the engine ecu and tcu mainly or keep my stock ecu and tcu and just get...
  8. E46 XI
    Hello all! I found out about an interesting problem today and would need some help. The car starts vibrating when I hold the brake paddle in D or R, but the interesting thing is that if I apply the hand brake, the vibration dissapears, regardless of whether I hold the brake paddle or not than. I...
  9. E46 XI
    So today sometimes when i would start the car it would idle really rough and shut off when i put it in gear. I would have to turn it off and on a couple times then it would be fine. Does anyone know why maybe?
  10. E46 General
    So im new here but i have been searching for a awnser to my question i am thinking of upgrading my Engine to run more power but i realy want to keep my auto-trany but it can not hold that much power is there a way to keep the auto-trany but run more power is there maybe a new transmission that...
  11. Lighting
    Hi all, I spent ages searching for another thread with a similar problem but couldn't find anything, so apologies if this has been covered before. Car is a 2004 330ci facelift model with xenons. My headlights work, on all settings; fog, dipped and full, when I turn them on manually. However...
  12. UK
    Hi all, So I've read and searched and read and searched and I have a couple of mates who are handy with ncs and inpa, but I'd rather try and get this narrowed down before he starts playing around. The problem with searching is everyone wants to swap to manual trans not auto, and I've got the...
  13. E46 General
    So I`ve got a 320i Touring from 2001 with an automatic gearbox (I believe from ZF) and apart from this one problem everything`s running perfectly fine. The gearbox is also shifting nice and smooth without any hickups, just like it should. Symptoms: When cruising at a steady speed the engine...
  14. E46 General
    Hi all, I’m in the process of building an e46 track car and need to purchase a new propshaft for a 330d gearbox to 330 differential. However, I’m having a hard time finding a manual propshaft. I have seen that there is plenty of propshaft from 330 auto boxes. Can I use a propshaft from an...
  15. E46 General
    I searched for hours and could not find a straight forward answer for this case. I want to swap a ZF 330i auto trans to my 325i because I have one with extremely low mileage. more specific: I have a ZF 5hp-19 version 1060 000 011 on my 325i m54b25. I want to replace it with ZF 5hp-19 version...
  16. E46 General
    This issue just started tonight with my car as I was driving home on the freeway. I tried to accelerate to merge on the freeway, and as I was accelerating, the car would violently shake in the rear, almost the same feeling as like a burnout or a launch. But, my tires were not spinning, obviously...
  17. E46 General
    I've now done some extensive research and believe I have "cracked the code" with the mysterious transmission light. I will be trying out a couple simple fixes, which will be featured in a write-up I am completing soon. This issue has affected me more than anything else the 330i has thrown my...
  18. E46 General
    So I own a 1999 328i and I have a 1600watt sound system in it, and I have always had the problem of my car dropping rpm once or twice a minute when it's cold (not bad just about a 100-200 rpm dip for a split second) but now when I went to start my car one morning it started up just fine but...
  19. E46 General
    Bumped a bunch of years-old threads trying to figure this out... Basically my driver's window auto-drop - the feature that drops the window ¼" when opening the door and then shuts it when closing - is not working consistently. The strangest part that I've noticed, which is not mentioned in the...
  20. Europe
    I am going to be converting my E46 320ia (M54) to a manual, and my friend has a 318i hes selling for cheap, and from what I understand all the 5 speed transmissions are the same? But I'll need a M54 flywheel and clutch? Is this correct?
1-20 of 75 Results